my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Rotten Link of the Night

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Rotten Link of the Night
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted June 03, 2003 21:32     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
wanna check out some gross pictures?
(WARNING - they're really gross)

www.rotten.com

|  IP: Logged
Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted June 03, 2003 21:45     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Rotten is pretty bad, but this place is the worst:
http://www.ogrish.com/

There's a few more sick places on the web like these, but I can't remember the URLs right now.

Maybe that's all for the better...

VodFan
VoivodFan
Member # 201

posted June 03, 2003 21:49     Profile for VodFan   Email VodFan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I went to their website about 2 years ago... back then, they were affiliated with the people who brought us such wonderful classics as 'Faces of Death 1 - 2 - 3 - 4'... and back then, when you went to the FOD website, they had pictures even more gruesome than those offered at rotten.com (and rotten.com is fucking nasty so you can imagine!!)

Guys seem to get a kick out of the 'Fuck of the Month' section though...

There's another site with images for the not faint of heart here

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted June 03, 2003 23:00     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
There is this one picture there which is permanently etched in my nightmares.

It is this guy in a car, in a 3 piece suit, and everything is pressed and clean...
until you see his "head".
(or lack thereof)

It seems that the top part of the car was crushed, and all of his head but the lower part of the jaw was squashed like a grape and neatly removed.
Not a spot of blood on that suit.

But what KILLS me is the way his fucking otherwise normal HAND is just hanging awkwardly down by the bottom of the car door.

You will know it if you see it, but I don't recommend looking too hard.

(and PLEASE do not post it if you find it. ...please)

Mr Eddy
VoivodFan
Member # 302

posted June 04, 2003 00:26     Profile for Mr Eddy   Email Mr Eddy     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Noitall:
wanna check out some gross pictures?
(WARNING - they're really gross)

www.rotten.com

Nia, I checked this website for the first time many years ago (circa 1997) and I didn't know that it was still around. Don't know if it's good or bad though...

Rotten went almost "mainstream" when they posted a picture which seemed to be of Diana's car crash on the site. The story got serious media coverage back then, but as it turned out, it was not Diana's car on the photo...

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted June 08, 2003 18:26     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Call me a fucking hippie or whatever, but I strongly dislike these kind of sites. The dead persons whose remains they're showing may have relatives and other people who love them much, and they should be respected. Those are real people for fuck's sake!!
Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted June 08, 2003 18:37     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Väinämöinen:
Call me a fucking hippie or whatever, but I strongly dislike these kind of sites. The dead persons whose remains they're showing may have relatives and other people who love them much, and they should be respected. Those are real people for fuck's sake!!

I tend to agree with you, Väi.
It seems inherently disrespectful to all concerned to
parade these photos around like some sort of sideshow attraction.

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted June 08, 2003 21:25     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have to admit I never thought about it V, I was mostly intruiged by pictures like the one with the guy who had the spiderweb tattooed on his anus (I'm pretty sure he wanted the world to see it). And I must admit I also like to look at old medical textbooks although I don't like to see bodies on the news because I think there's a more immediate chance that someone might see a family member or loved one (an aquaintance of mine saw his dad's body being recovered this way). At any rate, I apologize to anyone who was offended by this link.
Mr Eddy
VoivodFan
Member # 302

posted June 08, 2003 23:24     Profile for Mr Eddy   Email Mr Eddy     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Väinämöinen:

In the past I was kind of curious to see gross images like the ones at Rotten but as I grew old, I changed my taste completely. Not out of respect (even if it would be a more plausible reason), but the thing is that I don't have the belly for it anymore.

Hey, Nia, don't worry about starting this thread. I, for one, checked a few pictures and when I noticed how extreme they were I simply quit the page.

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted June 09, 2003 08:09     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I too used to enjoy this kind of shit until, through the course of my work, I came across a Pathology textbook. Everything was there that even the jerks at Rotten would never post: dead babies in toilets, burns, very very young rape victims - it turned my fucking stomach so it did.

So now I just like looking at pictures of animals that are happy and alive and not cut to bits or being screwed by Dutch people or anything.

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted June 09, 2003 09:19     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Don't say "dead baby in a toilet"! Since I'm a father, my perception has changed a bit, and that made me all weird inside, because it made me think of my own little baby (who's alive and well and cute and everything, don't worry).

I am not a faint of heart. "Braindead" still remains one of my favorite movies ("In the name of the Lord, I kick your ass!"), but when it comes to gross stuff that's real, I'm not to much in it anymore. Guess I have become... sensible!

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted June 09, 2003 10:28     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Working at a Law house and seeing horrible homicide/suicide/whatever photos on an almost daily basis for 12+ years made me kind of unsensible to it, so those pics at rotten.com and the likes don't shock me at all. But they're gross, anyway.
Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted June 10, 2003 15:46     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Noitall:
At any rate, I apologize to anyone who was offended by this link.

Don't worry Nia, I wasn't offended. I just wanted to say what my personal thoughts about those sites were, and the wasn't aimed at you at all!

Maldoror, pretty much the same happened to me when I first became a father. Sensibility stepped in.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan