my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Paul D'ianno...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Paul D'ianno...
El Indio
VoivodFan
Member # 18

posted June 01, 2003 18:33     Profile for El Indio   Email El Indio     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Or however the heck his last name is spelled is going to be playing a show on saturday, June 28 at Noitall's favorite hangout - Studebakers! Not only that, but on the night before (friday, June 27) David Lee Roth is going to perfom all his and Van Halens old hits at the Orpheum. I think this is going to be quite the entertaining weekend! When I was a kid, I used to Worship diamond Dave somewhat like a god! Getting back to Paul D'ianno, some of my favorite old maiden tunes happened when he was in the band. I still like to listen to his performance in "Women in uniform" and also "Wrathchild"! Fuckin A! Anyone out there ever get into Battlezone? Anyone plan on checking him out? I'm seriously considering it! Another funny local thing is going to be happening on thursday, June 26 when Dani G. (as in girl)is going be playing as an opening act at Richards on Richards. The funny thing about all this is the fact that she managed to get her band signed up despite the fact that no-one knows what they sound like. The demo tape has yet to be released! I told her last night that perhaps she should release it after the fact in case nobody likes it! Though I wonder how people will not like her given the fact that she is definatly one HOT piece of babe! Mmm!
 |  IP: Logged
Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted June 02, 2003 18:11     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm seriously considering seeing him when he comes here. It's an all acoustic set of Maiden and solo stuff. He's gonna have a 3-piece string quartet with him in Toronto called The Wrathchildren or something dumb like that. Should be good for a laugh.
El Indio
VoivodFan
Member # 18

posted June 02, 2003 19:14     Profile for El Indio   Email El Indio     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
In other words, one should get seriously liquored up before and during the show. I'm really not a very big fan of the club where he is scheduled to play out here in Cancougar. I can think of better venues for him which could also feature a more agreeable audience. Despite what has happened in the past, he doesn't strike me as being of "the image" so to speak in regards to the usual fare of entertainment there. He probably does not know what he is getting himself into and that there are more agreeable places out here... As for David Lee Roth, I'm seriously considering on getting all liquored up for that one too! Should be a real hoot! And we're just talking about the audience here!
Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted June 03, 2003 08:47     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just sixteen, a pick-up truck, out of money, out of luck...

I loved Paul Di'anno. Makes me think of Snake, vocally. No?

Syl Disjonk
VoivodFan
Member # 148

posted June 03, 2003 12:38     Profile for Syl Disjonk   Email Syl Disjonk     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
He is coming to Québec city to. I'm gonna be there liquored over the top just to hear him sing KILEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRR !!

I don't the see the connection between Sanke n Paul vocal..

I'm listening to running free now ...
ho yeah

If you want to laugh your ass off search for the song Rock n' Roll Chrismas by Paul Dianno I tell you this is dangerous !!!

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted June 03, 2003 13:07     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Syl Disjonk:
I don't the see the connection between Sanke n Paul vocal..

I don't know, it's just that they have the same kind of bluesy voice. What I mean is, it would be easy to imagine Snake covering a Di'anno era Maiden song.

And what language are you using there, buddy? (Probably too much Scandinavian metal or too much alcohol?)

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted June 04, 2003 04:54     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Syl Disjonk:
If you want to laugh your ass off search for the song Rock n' Roll Chrismas by Paul Dianno I tell you this is dangerous !!!

Yeah man! I have this and it rules! Funniest thing I ever heard. I asked Mr. Dianno about this record once, and he threatend to kick my head in! heh heh....

Syl Disjonk
VoivodFan
Member # 148

posted June 04, 2003 10:08     Profile for Syl Disjonk   Email Syl Disjonk     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sorry for my bad English I'm a french Canadian just like the Void. H is that you that give the interview with Paul at metal-rules.com ?

Voivod could cover Twilight Zone from the Dianno area....

Silent night !

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted June 04, 2003 11:02     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
No, that wasn't me. I just saw him in a bar once and we got talking. I don't think he liked me very much. Although he apologised later adding "you're alright, you are mate".

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan