my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Quite possibly the most BRUTAL song ever recorded

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Quite possibly the most BRUTAL song ever recorded
Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted June 01, 2003 01:56     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I had hoped to put a few of you on a mission to discover yourselves
some Napalm FUCKING Death, and have not heard back from any of you yet.

Well here:

Napalm Death - Take (Taste) the Poison
(track removed - email me if ya want it)

Put THAT in your fucking pipe and smoke it.
The raging, chaotic blast beat breaks are un-fucking-paralelled.
This is the soundtrack to The Big Fucking Bang, folks.

If there is a more brutal song, I'd sure like to know about it.

And please - don't dink around trying to play this on your goddamn computer;
LET THE FUCKING NEIGHBORS HEAR THIS MOTHERFUCKER!!!!

|  IP: Logged
BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted June 01, 2003 02:28     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Any song off of the new "Vital Remains" (particularly the song Dechristianize) will KILL anything and everything. Mr. Suzuki is a fucking musical genius! He definitely gives Mr. Grohl a run for the money!
LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted June 01, 2003 04:08     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think we already have plenty of us ND fans here... well, more can't hurt!

You're right, they just *cannot* be beaten when it comes to downright nasty, brutal sounds. I'm waiting for the 'Best Of' at the moment, especially for the rarities disc...

Sorry for Hijacking the thread.

SCUM!

Underbrain
VoivodFan
Member # 183

posted June 01, 2003 04:28     Profile for Underbrain   Email Underbrain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thats fucking brutal yo. Thanks for continually dropping dope jams on us Tangento... you rule.

I don't know if this bad boy tops that in the brutality department but its nuts on the floor weird.

Check it:
Dillinger Escape Plan (with Mike Patton)
When Good Dogs Do Bad Things

click.... here yo!

Paulander7
VoivodFan
Member # 298

posted June 01, 2003 04:48     Profile for Paulander7   Email Paulander7     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ya know, the last time I ever heard Napalm Death was in concert in 1990, This is MUCH BETTER!!!!! THANKS!
guidon
VoivodFan
Member # 137

posted June 01, 2003 06:42     Profile for guidon   Email guidon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You could've taken almost any song of their albums, Tangento...
Max1334
VoivodFan
Member # 202

posted June 01, 2003 07:34     Profile for Max1334   Email Max1334     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Today is the Day - pinnacle
Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted June 01, 2003 09:39     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I fucking LOVE Napalm Death! I was just cranking Order Of The Leech in the car on the way home from work! I'll be in the minority here, but my favorite album is Diatribes. Don't know why, but it is.

Here's a few tracks I think are brutal and devastating for those who enjoy that kinda thing (like me):

Marduk - With Satan And Victorious Weapons

Strapping Young Lad - Relentless

Actually, pretty much EVERYTHING off the new Marduk and SYL albums is ultra-heavy. Here's some more overly brutal albums that I love:

Cannibal Corpse - Gore Obssessed

Nile - In Their Darkened Shrines

Cryptopsy - None So Vile

Brutal Truth - Need To Control

Well, know I know what albums I'm assaulting my co-workers with tonight!

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted June 01, 2003 15:50     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ah, youth! I have taught you well.

Now you are ready for 'Reek of Putrifaction'.

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted June 01, 2003 17:07     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BCoD:
Any song off of the new "Vital Remains" (particularly the song Dechristianize) will KILL anything and everything. Mr. Suzuki is a fucking musical genius! He definitely gives Mr. Grohl a run for the money!

I will give that drummer some credit;
There is some precision, hyper-speed 'Rat-a-tat-tat' happening there.

My problem with this genre is the overblown yet insipid lead breaks and the sad fact
that it takes them 8 minutes to accomplish a fraction of what ND does in 1:49.

I was yawning by minute 3.
(and the production blows; listen to it side by side with the ND - no comparison)

And how the hell did Grohl get dragged into this?

quote:
Originally posted by Underbrain:
Thats fucking brutal yo. Thanks for continually dropping dope jams on us Tangento... you rule.

I don't know if this bad boy tops that in the brutality department but its nuts on the floor weird.

Check it:
Dillinger Escape Plan (with Mike Patton)
When Good Dogs Do Bad Things

click.... here yo!

"but its nuts on the floor weird "
And that is my point exactly with ND;
The 'weirdness factor' not only comes naturally with this band,
it is precisely what sets them apart and to me, puts it
one notch higher on the 'brutality scale'.

I love the (weird in a different way) Patton/ DEP stuff.
Right now my fave is 'Rock, Paper Scissors'.
(yo)

quote:
Originally posted by Paulander7:
Ya know, the last time I ever heard Napalm Death was in concert in 1990, This is MUCH BETTER!!!!! THANKS!

BULLSEYE!
That is just what I was after here.

quote:
Originally posted by guidon:
You could've taken almost any song of their albums, Tangento...

True, but I think they are in the midst of their finest hour with the last 3 releases.

quote:
Originally posted by 13-34:
Today is the Day - pinnacle

Ogre meets the Revolting Cocks?
Nah.

quote:
Originally posted by Nuclear Vampire:
I fucking LOVE Napalm Death! I was just cranking Order Of The Leech in the car on the way home from work! I'll be in the minority here, but my favorite album is Diatribes. Don't know why, but it is.

Here's a few tracks I think are brutal and devastating for those who enjoy that kinda thing (like me):

Marduk - With Satan And Victorious Weapons

Strapping Young Lad - Relentless

Actually, pretty much EVERYTHING off the new Marduk and SYL albums is ultra-heavy. Here's some more overly brutal albums that I love:

Cannibal Corpse - Gore Obssessed

Nile - In Their Darkened Shrines

Cryptopsy - None So Vile

Brutal Truth - Need To Control

Well, know I know what albums I'm assaulting my co-workers with tonight!

Nuc, I like Diatribes, too.
Not my fave, but a good album.
Some awesome entries there.
That new SYL is growing on me.
How about Nasum?
Ya like them?

quote:
Originally posted by Emlyn K Helicopter:
Ah, youth! I have taught you well.

Now you are ready for 'Reek of Putrifaction'.

Carcass RULED, even if just for their early song titles.
I mean who can resist the inherent charm and poetic magnitude of
'Manifestation of Verrucose Urethra' or 'Oxidised Razor Masticator'?

Syl Disjonk
VoivodFan
Member # 148

posted June 02, 2003 12:28     Profile for Syl Disjonk   Email Syl Disjonk     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Any song off of the new "Vital Remains" (particularly the song Dechristianize) will KILL anything and everything.

Hell it's true I hear it yesterday and I was blown away. One of my friend who play in a grindcore band went nuts to. It's like the next step in brutality. The drummer is inhuman.

As for Napalm they are one of my favorite band. They are fucking brutal and always manage to have some mosh pit friendly groove. They got their own style wich is very rare in this genre. The DVD 'Punishment in Capitals' sound really powerfull it's a must buy.

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted June 02, 2003 18:00     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've been meaning to check out Nasum. I hear their latest is very good. Got any recommendations?
Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted June 02, 2003 19:23     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nuclear Vampire:
I've been meaning to check out Nasum. I hear their latest is very good. Got any recommendations?

Yes, get 'Helvete' (2003)
An excellent blend of metal, grind and hardcore.

As for Vital Remains, I took one look at the website and rolled my eyes.
This whole satan gimmick is completely played out, IMO.
I haven't the time for this juvenile BS.

This is exactly what attracted me to Voivod in the first place.
They used their imaginations to step away from the pack and
carved out a place for themselves in the world of metal music
by the strength of a great concept, with not a single pentagram in sight.

(most) Black Metal fucking BLOWS rancid ass.
For a perfect pespective on the absurdity of it all, have a look & listen
to Anal Cunt's send-up on Norwegian Blackness,

Impaled Northern Moon Forest

- who sport such immensely EVIL song titles as:

1. ENTRANCED BY THE NORTHERN IMPALED NECROWIZARD'S BLASPHEMOUS INCANTATION AMIDST THE AGONIZING ABOMINATION OF THE LUSTING NECROCORPSE

2. GAZING AT THE BLASPHEMOUS MOON WHILE PERCHED ATOP A VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY FORSAKEN CREST OF THE NORTHERN MOUNTAIN

and my personal fave:

3. MASTURBATING ON THE UNHOLY INVERTED TRACKS OF THE GRIM & FROSTBITTEN NECROBOBSLEDDERS

BRAAGHHHHHHAAAAAWWWWWWGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Gorf
VoivodFan
Member # 119

posted June 02, 2003 19:50     Profile for Gorf   Email Gorf     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
FOUR WORDS: I WANT SOME COOOOOOKKIEEEEESSSSS !!!!!!!

Syl Disjonk
VoivodFan
Member # 148

posted June 03, 2003 12:50     Profile for Syl Disjonk   Email Syl Disjonk     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I agree with Tangento on the Satanic gimminck. It's really boring and unimaginative. But I think the Vital Remains records really kill anyway. That's the kind of think that keep you from getting totally into a band. I like the first two Deicide album it's over the top cliche and cheesy but hell Dead by Dawn is all time classic for me.

Kill Satan into the icy black castle of the Nothern woods !!!!

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted June 03, 2003 14:01     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey, I was checking sethputnam.com, and there is a Voivod show review! LOOK:

" voivod, may 15 (my 35th birthday!!), revere, MA- i really wanted to like voivod. they were one of my favorite bands when there first record came out. i wasn't expeting much. it was nice to see snake back in the band. the opened with "voivod". it sounded like it was even slower than the lp version. i was drunk enough to enjoy it though. then they did a bunch of new stuff. luckily, it was in a nice club, with nice couches, so i just sat on one and drank, while hoping they would get off soon. some einstien across from me said, "these guys are good, but they ain't no metallica". i informed him that they have been around for at least 20 years (he thought it was jason newsted's new band). "voivod" was the only old song they did. their new songs suck. actually, the new metallica is a million times better than the new voivod, so maybe that kid did have a point. he was still gay though."

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted June 03, 2003 19:12     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by warcorpse:
Okay, but rolling your eyes at Vital Remains means you are closing a door to something that is perhaps actually more brutal then Napalm Death. It is quite possible you are not getting the full spectrum of brutal music if you avoid juvenile BS satanic death metal bands. As for me, I usually look past the gimmicks/lyrics and concentrate on the sound that is coming from the speakers. I can think of another song that is more brutal without the satanic gimmicks, its "Blessed Dead" by Nile. IMO.

As far as ND is concerned, I think Order of the Leech is a masterpiece of brutality, slightly better then Enemy of the Music Business. I still like it all though.

Trust me Corpse, I hear you loud and clear.

I am the last person on earth to avoid music strictly because of some inane symbolism or archaic mindset.

The problem is, I hear so many of these fucking bands that they all
begin to blend together into a gigantic satanic musical meat grinder,
and it all comes out looking, sounding (and smelling) exactly the same.

I will back off a bit from my statements as they relate to Vital Remains,
because their music is a notch above the rest of the pack.
If they could just trade in the
'I invoketh more evil than thou'
bullshit for some imagination.

As for 99% of the rest:

Fanatical satanism = religious fanaticism
Same fucking bullshit.
Go to the website, replace the word satan with the word Christ, and see what I mean.

To me, these are a flipsided modern-day version of hair bands,
and they will suffer the same fate if they simply continue to emulate one another.

(which is fine, because the world needs all its Burger-Flippers back)

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted June 03, 2003 20:53     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Seems to me Tango, that simply just sitting there and listening in your computer chair to a song is not a good way to measure PURE FUCKING FORCE emitted by a song. I'll tell you what I do, come home from a shitty day at work, and find something to get your ass in gear to work out. Something powerful enough to take you from the point of exhaustion to a point of working the ol'bod into another level of exhaustion(no, not talking masterbation here, for that I use Whitney Houston as background-I'm talking about the benchpress, chinups, etc.... ) I know of only ONE album that can take you mentally to this point.

Mastadon- Lifesblood EP(especially the title track with the intro "I'M TALKING ABOUT FORM, CONTENT, I'M TALKING INTERRELATIONSHIPS, I'M TALKING ABOUT GOD, THE DEVIL, HEAVEN AND HELL, DO YOU UNDERSTAND, FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Sorry, Tango, that FUCKING KILLS ANYTHING THAT ND EVER PUT OUT!!! Maybe that was what I was trying to say last Sunday morning....

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted June 03, 2003 22:12     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalhead:
Seems to me Tango, that simply just sitting there and listening in your computer chair to a song is not a good way to measure PURE FUCKING FORCE emitted by a song. I'll tell you what I do, come home from a shitty day at work, and find something to get your ass in gear to work out. Something powerful enough to take you from the point of exhaustion to a point of working the ol'bod into another level of exhaustion(no, not talking masterbation here, for that I use Whitney Houston as background-I'm talking about the benchpress, chinups, etc.... ) I know of only ONE album that can take you mentally to this point.

Mastadon- Lifesblood EP(especially the title track with the intro "I'M TALKING ABOUT FORM, CONTENT, I'M TALKING INTERRELATIONSHIPS, I'M TALKING ABOUT GOD, THE DEVIL, HEAVEN AND HELL, DO YOU UNDERSTAND, FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Sorry, Tango, that FUCKING KILLS ANYTHING THAT ND EVER PUT OUT!!! Maybe that was what I was trying to say last Sunday morning....

First off, I spend my days pulling wire, hauling, bending and installing 100 ft. bundles of conduit, climbing stairs & ladders, (with 25 pounds of tools around my waist) setting 300 lb. transformers, running a core drill, unloading delivery trucks with a palette jack... blah blah blah.
By the time I ooze through the front door, I don't have anything LEFT for a goddam workout.

Secondly, I drive 600 miles a week to do all of this, which has only ONE advantage:
about 15 hours a week of totally uninterrupted musical enjoyment.

So I am covered on all accounts.

And yes, Mastadon is a pretty wicked cool fucking band, but I have not heard this EP.
I shall look into it.

Thanks for the tip, pally.

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted June 03, 2003 23:16     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hahaha, I hear ya! WTF??? You don't have this EP? You must acquire it, just to hear this track(I misspoke above, not the title track but the first track: Shadows That Move). I would have stuck a copy in your package had I known this.......Its like getting run over by a logtruck going seventy miles an hour and pulled for a hundred yards . But why is this song so heavy? Because there is no other drummer that hits with such force, accuracy, and complex speed as Brann Dailor. Simple.
Mr Eddy
VoivodFan
Member # 302

posted June 04, 2003 00:16     Profile for Mr Eddy   Email Mr Eddy     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Maldoror:
"voivod" was the only old song they did. their new songs suck. actually, the new metallica is a million times better than the new voivod"

No comments needed. This guy's brain must be really damaged...

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted June 04, 2003 04:45     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Mastadon rule. And they're playing here again on July 1st. Followed by Atomic Bitchwax a week later. I'm in gig heaven!
The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted June 04, 2003 07:57     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I cannot leave this *brutality thread* without mentioning Emperor... "In the Nightside Eclipse" (1995) has yet to be equalled... and Trym is certainly the most insane/inhumane drummer the scene has ever seen (just my opinion)...

some Mortification song which title I can't remember was really brutal too... and Sacramentum as well.

I won't leave without mentioning Misanthrope (...again) with "Le silence des grottes" ou "Irrévérencieux" on the album "Visionnaire" (1997)...

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted June 04, 2003 08:20     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Eddy:
No comments needed. This guy's brain must be really damaged...

Seth Putnam is gay.

Syl Disjonk
VoivodFan
Member # 148

posted June 04, 2003 10:13     Profile for Syl Disjonk   Email Syl Disjonk     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Speaking brutal music what about Agoraphobic Nosebleed new record Altered States of America. Ok it's a drum machine but it's over the top. I would go as far as Vital Remains is user friendly compared to this !

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan