my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Probot News!!!!!!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Probot News!!!!!!
Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted May 30, 2003 19:41     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
PROBOT Debut To Be Released Through SOUTHERN LORD RECORDS - May 30, 2003

PROBOT, the much-anticipated metal side project of former NIRVANA drummer and current FOO FIGHTERS frontman Dave Grohl, will issue their long-awaited debut album in late summer/early fall through Southern Lord Records.

The CD, which has been in the works for much of the past three years, will include a dozen-or-so tracks featuring some of metal's most celebrated and respected vocalists, including Lemmy (MOTÖRHEAD), Cronos (VENOM), King Diamond (MERCYFUL FATE, KING DIAMOND), Tom G. Fischer (ex-CELTIC FROST), Snake (VOIVOD), Eric Wagner (TROUBLE), Max Cavalera (SOULFLY, ex-SEPULTURA), Mike Dean (C.O.C.), Wino (ex-THE OBSESSED) and Lee Dorrian (CATHEDRAL).

Among the tracks that are set to appear on the effort are the following:

01. Dictatorsaurus (feat. Snake)
02. Centuries Of Sin (feat. Cronos)
03. Access Babylon (feat. Mike Dean)
04. Sweet Dreams (feat. King Diamond)
05. Ice Cold Man (feat. Lee Dorrian)
06. My Tortured Soul (feat. Eric Wagner)
07. Big Sky (feat. Tom G. Fischer)
08. Emerald Lies (feat. Wino)
09. Shake Your Blood (feat. Lemmy)

In a 2002 interview with Canada's BW&BK, Grohl explained how the idea for the project came about.

"It started out as a project in my basement," Dave stated. "At first I was just recording a bunch of instrumentals for fun and I had no intention of releasing it and I had no intention of having anyone else sing on it. And then after recording the first seven songs, I thought it would be kind of funny to almost make fun of that SANTANA record that had come out recently, with a different vocalist on every song. And then I played on the Tony Iommi [self-titled solo] record that is kind of the same concept, and I thought wow, maybe this will work. But instead of having the mainstream or more popular singers, I decided to restrict it to this genre of underground metal from 1982 to 1989. So we started calling people and I wasn't sure everyone would be cooperative, just because it was kind of out of left field that a guy from NIRVANA would be calling people, like Cronos from VENOM or Tom G. Warrior or Lee Dorrian. And everybody was really, really excited to do it. And from there it was a really simple process of simply calling up and saying, 'Would you like to be a part of it.' And if they agreed, I would send them a copy of the song that I thought they should sing on, they would call me back and either say yes or no and everybody said yes. And then we would just send them the master tape, give them money for the studio, then they would sing on it and they just sent them back. And one by one, they started coming back and they were just fucking awesome! Every one of them was just... I just waited for them to come in the mail."

|  IP: Logged
Paulander7
VoivodFan
Member # 298

posted May 30, 2003 22:47     Profile for Paulander7   Email Paulander7     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks for the news, Mr.Vampire, sir. Hope this album is as good as it looks. Plus, this might very well be the most formiddable album line up since "Hear N Aid." L O L
guidon
VoivodFan
Member # 137

posted May 31, 2003 04:36     Profile for guidon   Email guidon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nooooooooooooooo! Not King Diamond...
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted June 02, 2003 10:06     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I couldn't find it available to buy online and the record lables site hasn't been updated since last year.

HELP
I WANT IT

Paulander7
VoivodFan
Member # 298

posted June 02, 2003 16:55     Profile for Paulander7   Email Paulander7     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I Just noticed on that press release that the album won't be out till late summer of fall. (unlike May 30th which is the date of the ARTICLE) Oh well, best save yer $$$ for VODFEST, er "OZZFEST" in the meantime.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan