my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Carcass Interview

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Carcass Interview
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted May 30, 2003 13:01     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Look right under news....

Carcass

|  IP: Logged
Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted May 30, 2003 14:37     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Really cool interviews! I think that us Voivodfans can easily relate to Ken's illness because of what happened to Piggy. Best wishes Ken!!
Motordeth
VoivodFan
Member # 153

posted May 31, 2003 13:18     Profile for Motordeth   Email Motordeth     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Very interresting!
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted May 31, 2003 15:25     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I loved Carcass.
KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted June 01, 2003 17:06     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Carcass were legends, but I have to say that, in spite of what Jeff says about it, Swansong is the only truly bad Carcass album. I own it, listened to it twice and wondered why I bothered seeking it out. Far too rock and roll for my taste. I hope they don't reform, I would rather have the fond memories of 88-93 and ignore the farce that followed when they went to a major label.
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted August 12, 2004 16:55     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
More Carcass news...there's a great run of interviews in the July issue of Terrorizer. And a great cover on the magazine.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted August 12, 2004 17:11     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, I just picked up my copy yesterday...awesome mega-article!!! Hands down best metal mag on the planet. Where the hell did you find this thread at Luna?? You must have had some serious spare time today!
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted August 12, 2004 18:52     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalhead:
Yeah, I just picked up my copy yesterday...awesome mega-article!!! Hands down best metal mag on the planet. Where the hell did you find this thread at Luna?? You must have had some serious spare time today!

Indeed!

--------------------

anthony
VoivodFan
Member # 292

posted August 13, 2004 00:50     Profile for anthony   Email anthony     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks for the link. I am really glad to hear that Ken Owen is getting better and is even drumming again. He's always been one of my favorite drummers.
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted August 14, 2004 14:54     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey, I picked up Choice Cuts yesterday. Holy mother of DOGGGGGGGGGG..... I fucking love it. I owned Necrotism way back in my high school days so that would be like uh....15 years since I'd heard it(threw out all my metal tapes when I became hip and discovered jazz in the nineties). One huge monster group. I would highly recommend it and if you can find the latest issue of Terrorizer PICK THAT UP TOO!!!!! Fantastic retrospective.
LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted August 15, 2004 11:52     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Choice Cuts - bleh, rereleases of Necroticism + Heartwork, yay!
Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted August 15, 2004 15:02     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Don't they have a DVD too? What is it? I am sure it's good OF COURSE, just wondering what's on it....too lazy to look it up haha.

--------------------

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted August 15, 2004 19:41     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
To lync...your sarcasm noted....it also includes the live peel sessions....how can you beat a live version of EXHUME TO CONSUME plus stuff off the first two albums. Young buck, give me a break, i was on a nostalgia trip yesterday. You'll appreciate that when your an old bastard like me

Ocular: Yes they do! WAKE UP AND SMELL THE CARCASS go to Earache.com for it. I'm gonna order it later tonight.

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted August 16, 2004 22:03     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Mez, I was going to ask about that...Wake up and Smell the Carcass. Someone special burnt me a copy of that, is it a compilation of their stuff? I really am new to the band. DVD, huh? I'll have to check that out.

--------------------

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted August 16, 2004 23:14     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Luna:
is it a compilation of their stuff?

It's videos and "live" stuff...really cool!!!

I'd have to disagree with Knick in that "Heartwork" was totally killer! You can't beat that guitar sound, just fucking brutal as all hell!!!

Although, I would have to agree with Knick on "Swansong"...not very impressing.

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan