my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » St Anger Video (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 

Author Topic: St Anger Video
LivingEvil
unregistered

posted June 01, 2003 05:26       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
yeah,i guess your right!
IP: Logged
KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted June 01, 2003 16:34     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sorry but I'm going to have to disagree with all of you. I like it. It's easily the best music they've written since Justice. I can't stand the albums Black, Load, Relaod, S&M, they were nothing to do with the spirit of Metallica. I enjoyed the garage inc thing but I never bought it (£20 here in the UK!!). I saw most of the 'tribute' thing and was almost sick at the sychophantic nature of the whole gig. It was almost Waynes World...We're not worthy! We're not worthy! We're scum, we suck...

I was dreading hearing this, but it's actually a pleasant surprise. True the sound is very strange but I find all radio and TV music stations manage to kill everything stone dead on the sound front, so I won't read too much into that. Nope, I shall be looking to purchase this one I think.

|  IP: Logged
piggysMYgod
VoivodFan
Member # 158

posted June 01, 2003 18:03     Profile for piggysMYgod   Email piggysMYgod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
metallikornlimpbizica,......
doomstead
Junior VoivodFan
Member # 325

posted June 01, 2003 18:17     Profile for doomstead   Email doomstead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
1 minute was all i needed to realize again the fall of metallica...no feeling...no guts..more power to them...but "if it aint heavy,it aint shit.."
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted June 01, 2003 19:01     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I finally had a chance to check out the ST ANGER vid on their site this morning and then just a couple minutes ago when I got finished my 11 hour day at work...and I THINK IT KICKS ASS!!!!

NO SHIT...sorry I can't side with the majority here...I'm really looking forward to hearing the new cd. ST ANGER was way better than anything I was expecting to hear and I'm thrilled that I like it, and the video was cool also.

If the rest of the cd is like this it will redeem my long lost faith in Metallica.

Say what ya want about what they've done and how they acted in the past, but ST ANGER ripped, shredded, rocked, grooved, and brutalized.

Ne0rC
VoivodFan
Member # 163

posted June 01, 2003 22:35     Profile for Ne0rC   Email Ne0rC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm starting to think that you guys were putting your expectations really low for St. Anger so you think its really good =P
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted June 02, 2003 08:06     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SoCxNe0rC:
I'm starting to think that you guys were putting your expectations really low for St. Anger so you think its really good =P

I seem to be the ONLY one who really likes it. I think most people here had their mind made up to hate it before they heard it, and didn't listen to it with an open mind.

Maybe I'm wrong, but with all the smack talk that goes on here about Metallica I think most here DON'T want to like it no matter what.
Which is fine...but I thought it was SMOKIN'.

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted June 02, 2003 10:15     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, I back Skul and schroeder. I liked the piece of the song "Frantic" I heard, liked "St. Anger" (the song, also). Let's see (hear) the whole album first, but expectations are high.
LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted June 02, 2003 11:01     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
No, I *genuinely* hate it. Honest. No, really. I *was* looking forward to it for a looong time. But now...? Pfft.
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted June 02, 2003 11:14     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Johnny Cash was the only man who could play San Quentin and appear sincere, imho.

As for the song, it has its moments but overall I'm not too excited about it. On the other hand everything sounds like crap on my t.v.

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted June 02, 2003 11:24     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Tom Sawyer, "Reign in Blood" was actually covered by Tori Amos. Really! Never heard it, tho. Most be weird.
LivingEvil
unregistered

posted June 02, 2003 13:32       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Schroeder
Not everybody was hoping it was crap before it came out.I was hoping it was like early metallica just like they said it would.I would love to finally be able to buy another metallica cd but from what i heard so far this aint it.That may change if i hear more of it but it doesnt change the fact that there touring with a bunch of crap bands i would never listen to.
I did hear some promise though in the chorus!

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted June 02, 2003 14:29     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I totally agree with the tour being one of the dumbest fuckin line ups to cross the planet...what the fuck???!!!

Obviously Jamez & Larz were gearing it to get fans from some of the most popular newer acts. I certainly would have rather seen a real metal line up with Metallica. Fuck get Death Angel, Exodus and some of the other heroes from "the day" and show the young fucks what it's all about!!!

I had no expectations after being continually dissapointed for years, but was glad to be proved wrong with ST Anger. I wasn't hoping it would sound like early Metallica because that would be rehashing the past, and that's best left for Slayer to do...but I do think they finally captured the agression and energy that I haven't heard since Damage Inc...but with a new sound. I'll let y'all know how the complete cd when I get it. I hear they added a dvd with it that has Trujillo playing thru all the songs with the band!!!

Warcorpse...I agree RT is the coolest guy in the vid & band!!! How long do you think they had to wait for Larz to come out of the prison after passing his ass around to the inmates!!!???

Gorf
VoivodFan
Member # 119

posted June 02, 2003 15:35     Profile for Gorf   Email Gorf     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Whats with those hair braids?
piggysMYgod
VoivodFan
Member # 158

posted June 02, 2003 16:47     Profile for piggysMYgod   Email piggysMYgod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
WAS THAT KIRK HAMMET SINGING??? OUCH THEY ARE DESPERATE............
LivingEvil
unregistered

posted June 02, 2003 17:04       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I would have loved to see them tour with Exploited!
neutrino
VoivodFan
Member # 22

posted June 03, 2003 14:27     Profile for neutrino   Email neutrino     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I just can't stand James' voice since the black album... but this sounds a little bit better. Still annoying though - I'll try the 'Voice Removal' plugin anyway.
Well I totally agree with Warcorpse's review...

A good point for Metallica: they're playing in Paris next week 06/11, 1PM @ la Boule Noire, 6PM @ le Bataclan, 10PM @ le Trabendo; 3 small clubs - Le Bataclan holds 1500 people and it's 2 minutes from my place...
No I don't have a ticket

KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted June 03, 2003 16:45     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
I seem to be the ONLY one who really likes it.

Er, nope I do too...

I think there is a certain amount of rebellion against metallica by certain metal fans, not necessarily here but in the wider community definitely. But I really don't care for the kind of mentality that precludes buying or liking anything by a band once they 'sell out', even if the said band eventually find the balls to return somehwere near their roots. If I like it I'll own it, simple as that.

RIFLEFIST
VoivodFan
Member # 180

posted June 03, 2003 19:22     Profile for RIFLEFIST   Email RIFLEFIST     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I haven't seen the vid or heard the new Metallica$h. I don't like the smell of DUNG and I sure as shit don't watch it or listen to it!
Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted June 03, 2003 21:54     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I thought it was lame. As were the other 2 tracks I heard. It's Nu-metal/Mall-core. I'll download it and give it a fair shake, but my first impressions weren't too positve.
It sounds fake. Forced. Like they were trying to be all heavy and angry and shit just to try and appease all the fans of old or some shit. I don't know, it's too early to tell.

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan