my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Angel Rat on steroids (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: Angel Rat on steroids
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted May 28, 2003 09:35     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Or at least, I wish it was!
Anyway, I know there's a few of you out there who have a curiosity to the noises I make, so here's a link to a new mp3. Let me know what you think, or better yet, leave a few comments on our website forum ( http://www.eolb.com ).

Track 1: 'Freak Waves' http://www.eolb.com/freakwaves.mp3

It was recorded on an 8-track in our rehearsal room, so it's not perfect, but I think one or two of you lot will dig it. Everyone else, just move along. There's nothing more to see.....
Cheers.

|  IP: Logged
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted May 28, 2003 11:24     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
OMG!!!!!!!!

That song is KILLER!
I love it!

When is the CD out???
WHEN WHEN WHEN????????
I NEED A NEW CD OR I WILL GO CRAZY! hahaha!

I like your Drummers Cymbal Work too. Damn good.
I'm a sucker for little tricks & things on the High Hats.

Just need that whole CD, H.
Put down that Beer & get busy!

blacky
VoivodFan
Member # 2

posted May 28, 2003 11:57     Profile for blacky   Email blacky     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Man, that's very good, your singing sounds like Chris Cornell. This is the best thing I have heard in a longtime, very good, great potential. Keep on working on a demo, and please let me hear it.

Bravo!

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted May 28, 2003 12:08     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That's a great track, thanks for posting the link h. More please.
farside
VoivodFan
Member # 193

posted May 28, 2003 12:17     Profile for farside   Email farside     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Pretty cool, reminds of of old Iceburn (musically anyway). I'f you've never listened to Iceburn, check out the "firon" album. It's on Victory records, one of their first releases.
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted May 28, 2003 12:30     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I only heard a splattering of this due to some problem with my media player.

I want this demo in my mailbox by next week!!!!!!!!!

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted May 28, 2003 12:43     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Damn! That's some great stuff H! Yes, please keep us updated on this one man! This tidbit has me fiending for more!
Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted May 28, 2003 16:43     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cor! Very good h, you self-depreciating fool. "Crap band" my arse.

I shall attend your debut gig with my all-seeing camara and share the results with my fellow VVF's. Yes, I will. I'm afraid the matter is out of my hands, Mr Cant, for I've had many, many requests - no, demands! - for photos.

I now actually feel glad that I live in England and can thus witness the full glorious spectical of EOLB live! How far from the centre is that?

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted May 28, 2003 17:24     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
There's nothing i could say that would add anything to all the other praises that were expressed, so i'll just say this: Brother, you've got talent!
Mr Eddy
VoivodFan
Member # 302

posted May 29, 2003 02:37     Profile for Mr Eddy   Email Mr Eddy     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Being praised by Blacky himself is the best seal of approval a new band could get!...and it seems like all the 'Vod fans around here liked the track as well (me included). Keep rocking, man, and let us know when new songs are added to your website!
nell
VoivodFan
Member # 171

posted May 29, 2003 05:45     Profile for nell   Email nell     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Emlyn K Helicopter:
I now actually feel glad that I live in England and can thus witness the full glorious spectical of EOLB live! How far from the centre is that?

UP MY ASS...........AND TO THE LEFT
(-King Missile)

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted May 29, 2003 06:10     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I hope you are not refering to the place I have to retreive my camara from!
neutrino
VoivodFan
Member # 22

posted May 29, 2003 11:55     Profile for neutrino   Email neutrino     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Great tunes Mr. h ! I'd love to hear the other ones.
Great vocals, killer drums, and *riffs* !

nell
VoivodFan
Member # 171

posted May 29, 2003 12:00     Profile for nell   Email nell     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Emlyn K Helicopter:
I hope you are not refering to the place I have to retreive my camara from!

Oi! Let's not turn this into a personal discussion, Mr Helicopter! Let's talk about RIFFS

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted May 29, 2003 15:25     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Let's talk about riffs, ba-by, let's talk about you-and-me...

*gunshot*

Thanks for sharing, great stuff!

Reminds me of (the almighty) Kyuss, actually, especially the vocals and that main riff with the bassline... beautiful!

Bloody good... can we get a Bristol show sometime soon? For all us poor people?

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted May 30, 2003 10:06     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That's fantastico, h! I love that riff at the end, and also that guitar with echo on top that sounds like a cello. Grooooovy!
Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted May 30, 2003 10:35     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Holy fuck! Awesome h! Love that bass guitar. I passed the link on to a buddy of mine who I know will dig it. When shall we hear some more?
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted June 02, 2003 05:03     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks for all the cool responses guys. I'm chuffed that you all dig it. I'd like to copy and paste some of your comments onto the forum at the bands website, if that's okay with you lot, and mr 'Corpse, of course!
That way visitors can get an idea of what our noise sounds like. I'll make sure there's a nice clear link to this site, and I'll take it all down (oo-er) if it's not cool with you. There's another song up there now, and there'll be four in total very soon.
I'll keep you informed. Cheers!

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted June 02, 2003 08:24     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
FUCK YEAH!!!

WELL WORTH THE WAIT...
and I've been waiting to hear something since the second I read tha band description, and let me say it rings true!!!
Brilliant H, Fuckin brilliant...although I expected nothing less from ya Brotha...

GIMME GIMME GIMME
GIMME SOME MORE

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted June 02, 2003 09:58     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
DAMN, I just d/l the second song (octember) and burned the 2 tracks for assulting others ears with the EOLB grooves.

With the right promotion this should be HUGE!!! Of course I also thought Hangnail was GOD LIKE as did everyone I turned on to it.

Thanks for creating, H.

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted June 04, 2003 11:43     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hold the hell on... i didnt get in on this one, Jesus (h) Christ that is heavy as fuck man ! awsome blown away here ! your vox are great. I cant d/l octember for some reason, can someone post the link here too?
'Gone' from the Hangnail, its a great tune. picked it up on the stonerrock. love that soaring guitar sound on freakwaves, keep it coming...

MORE,MORE,MORE,MORE

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted June 05, 2003 05:37     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hatross - glad you like it man. Here's the direct link to the second tune:
http://www.eolb.com/octember.mp3

Or just go to the 'sounds' page on http://www.eolb.com

Cheers!

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted June 08, 2003 18:40     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by h:
There's another song up there now, and there'll be four in total very soon.
I'll keep you informed. Cheers!

Very very very very very very extremely much appreciated! This is killer stuff h! I love the part in "Octember" that starts around 4:30 - I'm hearing slight The Gathering influences there. Which is always nice.

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted June 08, 2003 19:18     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
h - will there be an official release on a label, and a world tour that will stop in Delaware?
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted June 09, 2003 05:06     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cheers again man. I'm chuffed that you took the time to check it out. Thanks.
Schroeder - World domination is imminent. I'll have to check the small print to see if Delaware is included though! Seriously though, the plan is to release a better recording at some point. We just gotta raise the funds or play jedi mind tricks on some label executive:
"These are not the riffs you're looking for. Move along"...

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan