my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » So I went to a bar...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: So I went to a bar...
Underbrain
VoivodFan
Member # 183

posted May 23, 2003 03:17     Profile for Underbrain   Email Underbrain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
with my buddy to celebrate his 30th birthday. The "Silverlake Lounge" out in East L.A.. So we're chilling on the sidewalk smoking a cigarette before we roll into the joint and grab some celebratory suds, and this homeless gentleman pushing an orange "Home Depot" shopping cart filled with artifacts, two large cans of beer, with a mandocello (a four stringed low tuned mandolin thingy) around his neck comes by and looks at me... sees my sparkly still new Voivod Iron Gang Long Sleever cocks his head to the side and says: "Voivod... are they still together?" I said "Damn straight." "Are they as awesome as they used to be?" "Damn straight they're killing it hardcore."

Then he asked me for some spare change...but he really wanted to talk about Voivod. Weird.

I guess you just had to be there.

|  IP: Logged
vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted May 23, 2003 05:40     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It can only have been one.

James MacLean

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted May 23, 2003 09:09     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ok here's my story,

i was walking through Corfu (Greece) with my Voivod - The Outer Limits tourshirt when some guy looks at it and says.
" ....AHHHH, VOLVO.... "

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted May 23, 2003 09:52     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Underbrain, don't all the hipsters live in Silverlake now? Maybe that homeless gentleman was actually Beck you were jawing with...
hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted May 23, 2003 10:08     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
About two months ago I saw this guy and his girl walking down the street in the rain and he had on this red windbreaker. As he walked past me, lo and behold, what do I see? A Killing Tecnology patch!! Of course I had to roll down my window and compliment him on it and ask if he had heard the new album. His response was, "They're still together?!" I said yes and also let him know that they were to be touring. He said, "Cool, I'll have to check it out". And he and I went on our merry ways...

It is just so rare (is in not??) to see shit like that. Back in SF aobut 6 years ago, I met this guy, Eric, at a bar and we got to talking. He was a long haired metal head so I asked if he liked Voivod. Turns out he and the rest of his bandmates were all avid Voivod fans and we became best buds from that day on! They were cool and their music definitley had hints of Voivod.

Gorf
VoivodFan
Member # 119

posted May 23, 2003 10:49     Profile for Gorf   Email Gorf     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
All a testament to the immortality of a true underground legend.
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted May 23, 2003 10:54     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yup.. even bums like 'em!
BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted May 26, 2003 19:23     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"so I'm standin' in line at da bank wit my tongue up this chic's ass, when all of da sudden, dis guy axe me if dis is da back o' da line?" "I says NO...dis is da front of line, but we're all facin' backwards!'' DOH!!
Cthon
Member # 156

posted May 26, 2003 19:47     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
haha, there was this 60 year old black guy in a frayed and faded Metallica "Damaged Justice" shirt in front of me at the bank the other day.....what in the hell!?!?!

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan