my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » the show in Old Bridge NJ on 5/16

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: the show in Old Bridge NJ on 5/16
tomsawyer
VoivodFan
Member # 306

posted May 22, 2003 15:31     Profile for tomsawyer   Email tomsawyer     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I was at the show in Old Bridge NJ on 5/16.

I was right in front of Snake wearing a S.O.D. shirt and going fuckin nuts. I loved it. They were very tight and played every song to the tee. I am hoping to get to see them again. I am not one of these people who complain about what song they did or didn't play. Dont get me wrong I would have loved it if they broke into "Tornado or Rav Medicine" however I am just so grateful to have them back and touring with Snake again I just didn't care what they played.

The set list was the same as it has been at other shows, from "Voivod" to "Astronomy" I really liked the preformance.

I spoke to Piggy, Snake, and Away outside their bus during Sepultura. They signed my promo picture I got from registering on the Voivod.com site. I figured after Sep did a cover of "Mesiah" by Hellhammer, I saw enough of them.

I was laughing with Piggy about "poutine" (it is what french canadians call French Fries with brown gravy and cheese.) The cheese they use is a light white cheddar and when it is melted it squeaks in your teeth when you chew it. Piggy cracked up when I told him "I like the fries in gravy with the squeeky cheese on it".

Away said that they are are working on a book of his art. It may be coming out the end of the year. He also said he didn't think he was that great of an artist. I tried to assure him how wrong he was. He does some amazing shit.

F.Y.I. -
The Birch Hill is a club which lost its liquor licence a couple of months ago = no beer. The land has been sold and it is closing its doors forever at the end of August. Condo's are going up there, call it a coincidence. (ever see the Soprano's?!) There was a time it was a great place to play and see a show. Those days are long gone. Its a shell of the club it used to be.

I had a great time and almost a week later my head is still buzzing with the melodies from the show.

Well that's my story. I really hope you all get to see them. It was great time.

|  IP: Logged
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted May 22, 2003 15:47     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Great Review, man!

Glad you had such a good time there.

Yeah, they are closing the Canyon Club here in Dallas to make way for a fucking
Home Depot Hardware store. SUCKS!
I hate Home Depot!!!

Well...at least i got to see Voivod put a few more cracks in the walls
with theyre sonic assault.

|  IP: Logged

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan