my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » New Killing Joke, anyone?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: New Killing Joke, anyone?
Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted May 21, 2003 02:57     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Here, I am only gonna leave this up for a few days: (don't want no trouble now)

Killing Joke - Implant

To me, this sounds like a band that has fully re-energized.
And BOY does Jaz sound PISSED OFF, just like the old days!

|  IP: Logged
Underbrain
VoivodFan
Member # 183

posted May 21, 2003 04:01     Profile for Underbrain   Email Underbrain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
holy shit.

that track sounds like the an invasion of poland.... clankety clank of panzer traction belts grinding up asphalt, gattling guns spraying bullets into the nethersphere, hordes of soldiers thundering in goose stepping formation.

very powerful.

Cockroach
VoivodFan
Member # 115

posted May 21, 2003 04:11     Profile for Cockroach   Email Cockroach     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just finished listening to it. It rules!
Thx Tangento!
No i will go and listen it a few more times

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted May 21, 2003 08:22     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
phew! cheers tangento!

Thats more like something of the Extrematies album. Much better drumming than I thought Grohl was capable of. Fucking good stuff!

Anyone know when this comes out?

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted May 21, 2003 08:53     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Woooooo! You rock Mr. T., muchos gracias!
Max1334
VoivodFan
Member # 202

posted May 21, 2003 11:30     Profile for Max1334   Email Max1334     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
surely is far better than the last 15 years of killing joke records, but my heart is always open for ...what this for!!! , the firs album and fire dances(and, why not, for the peyr album...)
byez

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted May 21, 2003 12:08     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yup. Great song, gotta check these gentlemen out here.
Thanks Tango

mike on ice
VoivodFan
Member # 172

posted May 21, 2003 12:18     Profile for mike on ice   Email mike on ice     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Great song, I'm amazed that a band can still sound so angry and agressive almost 25 years after their 1st album. Woo-hoo!
LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted May 21, 2003 17:10     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Coooooooool.

By turns hypnotically entrancing and aggressive. I like.

Motordeth
VoivodFan
Member # 153

posted May 21, 2003 22:39     Profile for Motordeth   Email Motordeth     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I like the old stuff more but its great anyway!
Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted May 22, 2003 19:26     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ok, everybody done?
I will be removing that bad boy tonight.
Yer welcome to all who enjoyed it.

AND an interesting tidbit:

All of the KJ list members were arguing about who they thought was
the bassist on this track, and lo and behold -it turns out it was Guitarist GEORDIE WALKER!

They were all dead wrong.
I got a kick out of that.

Cthon
Member # 156

posted May 22, 2003 20:53     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
very nice. thanks, t.
neutrino
VoivodFan
Member # 22

posted May 23, 2003 04:43     Profile for neutrino   Email neutrino     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
thx Tangento !
Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted May 24, 2003 07:24     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanx Tang.

that mahogony rush was pretty awsome also.
heres one for ya, the band is THUNDERSTORM and the cd this song is from (the witch hunter tales) you may not like the singing, but give it a few listens. The rest of the cd is really good.

Star Secret

Turn this up really loud too !

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan