my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » ENSLAVED - below the lights

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ENSLAVED - below the lights
Nate Carson
VoivodFan
Member # 97

posted May 20, 2003 21:01     Profile for Nate Carson   Email Nate Carson     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This just came out today. Another masterpiece from those crazy Norwegian geniuses.

Fans of PHOBOS take note.

|  IP: Logged
X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted May 21, 2003 12:53     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ordered my copy last night! Can't wait to hear this one!

I also ordered the newly released Enslaved "Live Retaliation" DVD, but it already went on backorder... anybody managed to get a copy of this yet? Looks great from the descriptions I've read!

Greg Gloomp
VoivodFan
Member # 29

posted May 23, 2003 05:52     Profile for Greg Gloomp   Email Greg Gloomp     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey guys, just got home from touring. I picked up the DVD in Chicago but every town we hit didn't have Below The Lights. Can't wait to hear it.
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted May 27, 2003 16:01     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Holy mackerel, I can't wait to hear this one. Time to order it and the dvd now....

What'd you think of the dvd Greg?

Greg Gloomp
VoivodFan
Member # 29

posted May 27, 2003 20:04     Profile for Greg Gloomp   Email Greg Gloomp     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just got the album today! It's better than you can imagine. It falls right between Mardraum and Monumension and could be my album of the year. I think you'll be into it.
The DVD is incredible. It was recorded live in Poland during the Monumension tour, featuring 12 tracks plus bio's, interviews and 6 rare audio tracks. (2 of the live tunes are new from Below The Lights)
The filming is the highlight of this release for me. The stage and set-up is really bright and almost new age(?) looking but it represents them as more than just a Black Metal band or whatever. Excellent audio with no overdubs or fixing in the mix shit here. It sounds great, guitar and drum warts and all.

Nate Carson
VoivodFan
Member # 97

posted June 17, 2003 01:36     Profile for Nate Carson   Email Nate Carson     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
*bumped* for the benefit of Mr. Mezcalhead.
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted June 17, 2003 08:29     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh yeah, forgot about this thread. I was on an Enslaved binge last night.

Ok, people, its been a lot of fun jawing about the new Metallica album.
But, please, let's talk about something that fucking matters for once. This album is crushing me. Its one thing to say yeah, "this rocks dude". But this masterpiece goes way beyond that. It is art in the fullest sense of the word of which there is so much to comprehend its taking me forever to get into it. I'm on the third listen and I'm hearing so many different elements that I didn't know existed before. Granted, watching the live show, helped a great deal as it always does. But it is this density of sound ,that is similar to another band who we all know and love, that kills me. Following the VV trilogy, I didn't think such an experience in metal was possible again. I highly recommend this listening experience to you all.

So take your NuSHITallica out and smash the fucker like it was Hetfield's head and go out and do yourself a favor. BUY this beautiful object of music called
BELOW THE LIGHTS!!!

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted June 17, 2003 14:07     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
'Tis truly wonderful. A beautiful thing, indeed, floating gently like a butterfly then WHACKING YOUR FUCKING BRAINS OUT THROUGH YOUR EYBALLS! Damn good.

I approve!

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted June 17, 2003 18:07     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
All still sinking in here! Love "Below The Lights" and the dvd! There is a lots going on here and the sour milk analogy does not apply here as it does on that Metallica record.

Finding myself more and more obsessed with this band... yet finding it hard to turn friends onto around here (locally, I mean). A common dilema I imagine most Voivodfans can relate to.

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted July 03, 2003 17:02     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
cor, is there not one person who thinks this is shit?

Come on guys, after so much praise I'm heading for the record shop with my crisp sterling banknote and I don't wanna waste it!

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted July 04, 2003 10:44     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The only thing I could think of EKH is that one might not like the vocals. Personally, I think he's very distinctive in his field. I mean, when he sings, he actually sounds like a distraught Viking standing on top of a pile of dead monks. They actually sound REAL, which I like. And no stupid facepaint either.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan