my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Tattoos anyone?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Tattoos anyone?
VodFan
VoivodFan
Member # 201

posted May 19, 2003 22:33     Profile for VodFan   Email VodFan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't actually know if anyone's brought up that subject before, but I'll ask anyway:

Does anyone have any tattoos? Care to share pictures?

I've been thinking of getting myself inked, but the trouble is, I can't find what I really want. I've had many ideas on what I wanted, and some were pretty cool, but others were downright dumb!

1- Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon prism (cool.. in my opinion... BUT not very original)
2- My name (tacky)[plus when a woman has a woman's name on her body, people tend to think you're a lesbian... NOT that there's anything wrong with that )]
3- My cat's face (if you saw her, you'd understand... she's a doll and so damned lovable)

Any thougths?

VF

|  IP: Logged
BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted May 19, 2003 23:16     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, I too had once brought up this topic awhile back.

I keep getting more and more "shiznit" on my arms..it is somewhat of an addiction .

Once again...

My left arm is inked with a "nature-inspired" concept consisting mainly of flowers and blooms of certain plant species.

My right arm is inked in traditional norse/viking design, with a hue of "celtic" thrown in for good measure.

My next Tattoo will be of a "penis" appearing on the side of my face, so I can truly be a real "dick-head!"

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted May 20, 2003 01:09     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi, i have a Voivod-tattoo of the Mercury-sign in the Negatron album. I am thinking of getting one more. How about one of the little icons of the new Voivod site?
nell
VoivodFan
Member # 171

posted May 20, 2003 09:18     Profile for nell   Email nell     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi Vodfan
I've got three white tats because I didn't want big dark tattoos that would eventually bleed and look crap (not very feminine!). They're just patterns I drew myself when I was about 16, but I waited a few years before I got them done to make sure I wanted them (i'm so sensible ). I'm planning on getting some color ones done soon, but I think I'll go for something really delicate and girly - i'm not butch enough to pull off full sleeves!
I think it's a good idea to maybe get something that 'fits in' with your body shape, rather than the odd blotch here and there, but that's my two cents.

That's probably the longest post I've ever written.

nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted May 20, 2003 21:50     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Only one. I've got a KISS tattoo on my back. No one ever sees it, but it's pretty cool. I should have gotten the "Sub-Effect" while I was at it.

These days, it's more original and rebellious to NOT have tattoos. How ironic.

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted May 21, 2003 08:50     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes, we are. But thanks for asking.

Nell, what's a white tat?

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted May 21, 2003 09:48     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Noitall:
Nell, what's a white tat?

She's off showing newf's round London, so I'll answer this one. White ink tattoo's. They kinda look like cool scars in normal light, but turn red under nightclub lights etc. Rather fetching, if I may say so.

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted May 21, 2003 10:31     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm thinking of getting "666" Tattooed right smack in the middle of my forhead...
then going to Church on Sunday.

VodFan
VoivodFan
Member # 201

posted May 21, 2003 11:06     Profile for VodFan   Email VodFan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Those are all very cool tatts... Maybe I'll get a Korgull on my ass one of these days

Nell, the white tattoo is a great idea! I'll look it up to see if they do it in and around my area.

VF

Cthon
Member # 156

posted May 21, 2003 19:36     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
eh, i only have one, its the stick figure pictured here
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted May 21, 2003 21:15     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This could be my next tattoo.

Click me!

I already have Queensryche's Triryche on my left shoulder... i could put this other one on the right side.

Amalthea
VoivodFan
Member # 301

posted May 22, 2003 01:39     Profile for Amalthea   Email Amalthea     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nothingface:

These days, it's more original and rebellious to NOT have tattoos. How ironic.

I have utilized my body as a canvas for my rebellion by not piercing or tatting anything, and maintaining my natural hair color (pretty much). I am anti-alternative; so subversive.

--EDIT--

Oh yeah, and a dork

tomsawyer
VoivodFan
Member # 306

posted May 22, 2003 08:40     Profile for tomsawyer   Email tomsawyer     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I was talking to away at the show in nj, he told me a guy in milwaukee had the "nothingface" space spider across his chest.

that would be a cool tat.

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted May 22, 2003 22:42     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skulhed:
This could be my next tattoo.

I always thought that the "batrat" was a cool drawing by Away. It would make a cool tat as well.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan