my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Piggy and Away in Montreal!!!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Piggy and Away in Montreal!!!
Jeffrey
VoivodFan
Member # 132

posted May 16, 2003 10:35     Profile for Jeffrey   Email Jeffrey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
For everybody that lives in Montreal, Piggy and Away will be at Café Campus next week (Wednesday may 21st) for a benefit concert for war victims in Iraq. I think they will do the tribute to the Sex Pistols that they've done two years ago at Foufounes Électriques, with Xavier Caféine on Vocals. Anybody have more information on this?

Here is a link to the flyer.
http://www.cafecampus.com/media/groups/bomb.gif

|  IP: Logged
Jeffrey
VoivodFan
Member # 132

posted May 18, 2003 20:39     Profile for Jeffrey   Email Jeffrey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Does anybody plan to go there?
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted May 18, 2003 23:38     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I might Jeffrey, but I will definitely leave before the Respectables...
Jeffrey
VoivodFan
Member # 132

posted May 20, 2003 10:31     Profile for Jeffrey   Email Jeffrey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
me too...
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted May 20, 2003 14:34     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Jeffrey, VodFan and I are going to meet there, email us if you want to hook up.
Ynys Trebes
VoivodFan
Member # 55

posted May 22, 2003 09:42     Profile for Ynys Trebes   Email Ynys Trebes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
And? Anyone has a report on the show? Piggy and Away have an amercian accent now? Inquiring minds want to know!!!
Jeffrey
VoivodFan
Member # 132

posted May 22, 2003 10:34     Profile for Jeffrey   Email Jeffrey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Away played 4 songs with the band Poxy, a glam rock band. He played 3 Sex Pistols Cover with Piggy on guitar and Xavier Caféine on vocals, Holiday in the Sun, Bodies and Submission. They were called the " 3 Pistols"! It was good but I would have taken a little more. Why is it that everytime I see Away, he has his "Vagabonds" T-Shirt? Is it the only one he has?
VodFan
VoivodFan
Member # 201

posted May 22, 2003 10:59     Profile for VodFan   Email VodFan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nia and I were there too Jeffrey! I was the one with the flash camera taking pics of Away & Piggy.
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted May 22, 2003 11:19     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Jeffrey don't be a hater! Send him a shirt if you want to see him in something different. lolololol

VF was the one who accosted them backstage, btw, pas moe. hee hee

And what is with those coke/orgy girls left over from the foufs who squeeze themselves into the sausage casing dresses that barely cover their business? ouch...

Jeffrey
VoivodFan
Member # 132

posted May 22, 2003 13:33     Profile for Jeffrey   Email Jeffrey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Who were those chicks anyway!!! I saw them speaking with the Voivod crew, were they with them?
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted May 22, 2003 13:39     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
One of them has worked at the Foufs forever - she's the one who didn't believe Blacky was Blacky on a guest list there - now that was funny! English translation of conversation:

Him: Hi, I'm on the list.
Her: What's your name?
Him: Blacky.
Her: (looks him up and down slowly) You're not Blacky!
Him: Yes, I am.
Her: I don't think so.
Him: Really, it's me.
Me: Don't you have i.d.?
Him: Not with "Blacky" on it.
Her: (calls other guy over) Is that Blacky?
Other Guy: Hmmmm......I don't think so....
Her: Well okay, I guess you can come in....

VodFan
VoivodFan
Member # 201

posted May 22, 2003 13:41     Profile for VodFan   Email VodFan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I was the one with the bright red blouse snapping pictures. Nia was the girl in the blue jeans dress... but she has chameleon-like powers so you probably didn't see her

Are you talking about the girl in the zebra-pattern dress with half of her ass sticking ou and the Gwen Stefani look-alike that had an orange leather skirt & an 'I love NY' shirt' with a beret on? I think one of them is the signer's girlfriend or something like that. We were standing next to them at one point.

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted May 22, 2003 13:46     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
LOL!!!

Did you see "Astérix et Obélix: Mission Cléopâtre"? There's a scene during the ending credits in which Cesar tries to enter a night-club, but the doorman doesn't recognize him. It goes exactly like the scene you describe!

Jeffrey
VoivodFan
Member # 132

posted May 22, 2003 15:38     Profile for Jeffrey   Email Jeffrey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The girl with the 'I Love NY' t-shirt sings in a glam rock band that I saw a few months ago.
tomsawyer
VoivodFan
Member # 306

posted May 22, 2003 15:45     Profile for tomsawyer   Email tomsawyer     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Are there any shows planned around montreal on the weekend of june 14th. I know they are at the bell centre on that day but my brother in law is getting married that fucking day and I HAVE to be there.

However I will be in Montreal that weekend and if they were at the Medley or something like that I would go nuckin futs!

Any ideas?

VodFan
VoivodFan
Member # 201

posted May 22, 2003 15:48     Profile for VodFan   Email VodFan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't think they will play any other shows in MTL except that one with Ozzy... It would have been nice if they played @ Le Medley, its atmosphere is really cool!
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted May 24, 2003 22:15     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Q. Which member of Voivod went to the Foufs all in a fluster thinking that the show was there instead of le Cafe Campus?

Heh heh heh....

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan