my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Beatallica!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Beatallica!
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted May 15, 2003 07:55     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
How funny! From Blabbermouth:

BEATALLICA: THE BEATLES Songs Done METALLICA Style - May 15, 2003

BEATALLICA, the anonymous two-man band that plays "BEATLES tunes done METALLICA style", have posted a total of seven tracks in MP3 format at this location: http://www.sensoryresearch.com/~starkeff/beatallica.html

The songs available for download are as follows:

01. Sgt. Hetfield's Motorbreath Pub Band
02. A Garage Dayz Nite
03. For Horsemen
04. No Remorseful Reply
05. The Thing That Should Not Let It Be
06. Everybody's Got A Ticket To Ride Except For Me And My Lightning
07. ...And Justice For All My Loving

The group, who choose to stay anonymous in order to avoid possible litigation from METALLICA and BEATLES' high-priced lawyers, reportedly consist of two guys who have their own separate bands and do this purely for fun.

Look out for more BEATALLICA material shortly, including such soon-to-be-classics as "Got to Get You Trapped Under Ice", "Leper Madonna", and "Blackened the USSR".

|  IP: Logged
Catharsis
VoivodFan
Member # 283

posted May 15, 2003 17:47     Profile for Catharsis   Email Catharsis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I just got the page to work and downloaded the tracks. I haven't stopped laughing since!

The guy who does the Hetfieldesque vocals is great. It's his later vocal style - all part of that truly impressive progression the band have been treating us to...

If you, how shall I put it, find the Bob Rock years as entertaining a being trapped in a sack of lepers, you'll have a good chuckle at the overblown vocals here.

Oh, the Beatles covers (well almost) are pretty good.

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted May 15, 2003 20:40     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
LOL
Ne0rC
VoivodFan
Member # 163

posted May 15, 2003 23:15     Profile for Ne0rC   Email Ne0rC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
very very nice
Mr Eddy
VoivodFan
Member # 302

posted May 16, 2003 01:28     Profile for Mr Eddy   Email Mr Eddy     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The titles are as good as the songs! The Hetfield impersonation is simply great! Wonder if the Metallica members ever listened to that... If the Beatallica folks weren't anonymous I bet Ulrich would sue their asses. That guy is a total poseur...
The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted May 16, 2003 03:52     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I downloaded that shit like about 1 year ago... Blabbermouth must be running behind on that one!

still, I too am the opinion that the Hetfield impersonation is very well done.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan