my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Result!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Result!
Catharsis
VoivodFan
Member # 283

posted May 14, 2003 17:33     Profile for Catharsis   Email Catharsis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, sort of...

Now, don't laugh. The year before last I went to Ozzfest UK. It was to see Sabbath and Tool! And mighty fine they both were.

So, sigh, I went again last year. Big mistake. Apart from Tool's set it was a horrible mismanaged fascistic disaster. Well, I suppose I deserve it.

Anyway, I complained in STRONG TERMS to those lovely people at Clearchannel. If I could've seen them in person I'd have given them a hard stare.

They've just sent me two free full weekend tickets to the Download festival, with two camping plus tickets (that's a swanky campsite, with proper toilets and showers). All in all, £180 worth!

So, er, I'm going to the Download festival, apparently... Maiden are on... Oh, dear.

I'll wear my Voivod shirts and confuse the children: Killing Technology and Korgull (not an original, sadly). I also have an Outer Limits tour shirt, but that's a bit too tight to wear these days, for some reason.

Then again, there's eBay.

|  IP: Logged
Amalthea
VoivodFan
Member # 301

posted May 15, 2003 01:40     Profile for Amalthea   Email Amalthea     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Gee, Catharsis, That's probably the first positive thing I've heard about Clear Channel; your letter must have been pretty well-written. It's good to know CC is responsive to customer input, at least the UK branch.

Go to the show and have a good time - maybe after your last experience this one will be 'cathartic.'

(ha ha ha ha, so clever)

Catharsis
VoivodFan
Member # 283

posted May 15, 2003 06:39     Profile for Catharsis   Email Catharsis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have to say I was absolutely amazed when the tickets arrived.

It'll be good to see Maiden at any rate. The last time I saw 'em was at Donnington on the Seventh Son tour.

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted May 17, 2003 01:22     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What made it a mismanaged disaster? Just curious...
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted May 19, 2003 04:50     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I just heard a rumour that Mctallica are playing on the main stage at 5pm as an unannounced surprise gig. Dunno how true that is but they are in the country that weekend so it's possible.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan