my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Seen any good movies lately?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Seen any good movies lately?
Puzzled
VoivodFan
Member # 294

posted May 13, 2003 06:58     Profile for Puzzled   Email Puzzled     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I just thought I would start a thread about currently veiwed movies. Last nights video rentals consisted of 13 Days...From Hell and Ghost World. 13 Days was pretty good even though Kevin Costner talked funny in it. Ghost World was a weird one. I didn't quite get it but interesting. From Hell...This really caught my attention. The movie was about Jack the Ripper. I don't know how much was based on reality, but it was thought provoking. I DO believe that Mary Kelly was the last victim...Right? Well, the movie has twists but it makes one think. It reminds me of a really strange dream I had recently where everyone in it looked dead. The dream was so strange, I won't go into it, but it made me wake up suddenly. I wonder if there are actually any paintings of Mary Kelly. I am very curious to see what she actually looked like...if she was the last victim...if there was an investigator, etc...
 |  IP: Logged
Puzzled
VoivodFan
Member # 294

posted May 13, 2003 08:09     Profile for Puzzled   Email Puzzled     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
http://www.casebook.org/victims/mary_jane_kelly.html

Strange. This is the only picture I could find of her. You can't tell much. I think it was her Ex. I think she was seeing the man with the dark complexion. I think first he killed her freinds out of sick agrivation. I think she was secretly afraid of him and had a freind stay in her room for this reason. I think he quickly learned how to disembowel them after the first kill. It wouldn't be that much different then gutting an animal. I think she had been out looking for the other man. I think men from the neighborhood who were probably freinds with her ex were scaring him away and so he'd try to meet with her but wouldn't stay long.I think maybe she drank so often that he was intimidated by her behavior and reputation. I think he miscalculated her situation. I think the cuts on her hands were from her ex playfully threatening her with the knife until he saw blood and fear and the rest is history. I think an attempt was made to blame it on someone Jewish because of the man who she was trying to meet. I think a number of people in the vicinity had silent suspicions, but in the end...really didn't care because these women were a burden to them and the surrounding area so they kept their mouths shut.

Puzzled
VoivodFan
Member # 294

posted May 13, 2003 08:36     Profile for Puzzled   Email Puzzled     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If she was blond, I think it was dark blond, possibly nearly strawberry blond, but not red like Heather Grahams.
Puzzled
VoivodFan
Member # 294

posted May 13, 2003 08:51     Profile for Puzzled   Email Puzzled     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by warcorpse:
I guess if nobody talks to you, you talk to yourself? Have you ever seen a movie called
U-403?

Oh...People talk to me all the time, mostly out of jealousy. I wasn't talking to myself. I was POSTING a theory on a messege board pertaining to a well known unsolved crime from 1888.

"Almost everything that is known about Mary Jane Kelly comes from Joseph Barnett, who lived with her just prior to the murder. He, of course, had all this information from Kelly herself. Some is conflicting and it may be suspected that some, or perhaps much of it, is embellished."

There is actually alot to back up my theory.

guidon
VoivodFan
Member # 137

posted May 13, 2003 15:11     Profile for guidon   Email guidon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Seen a few good ones recently...

Insomnia, One Hour Photo, Memento, 12 Monkeys (on tv yesterday)

Puzzled
VoivodFan
Member # 294

posted May 14, 2003 00:13     Profile for Puzzled   Email Puzzled     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I saw insomnia. I thought it was good. I guess I saw the remake with Hilary Swank, Robin Williams and...and...and...

for fucks sake I can't remember his name. Holy shit! I can't remember his name! He's only been in like FIVE HUNDRED MOVIES! Holy cow. Its right on the tip of my tongue!

Puzzled
VoivodFan
Member # 294

posted May 14, 2003 00:15     Profile for Puzzled   Email Puzzled     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm ashamed. I think I'm gonna have to look this up.
BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted May 14, 2003 00:20     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"True Romance"

Gary Oldman is my hero!

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted May 14, 2003 00:59     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Puzzled, I've seen a one hour promo for "From Hell". It is very reality based, the writers and directors did tons of research in order to portray everything as exact as they could.

I haven't seen any movies lately.

Puzzled
VoivodFan
Member # 294

posted May 14, 2003 01:05     Profile for Puzzled   Email Puzzled     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nuclear infusion:
Hey Puzzled, I've seen a one hour promo for "From Hell". It is very reality based, the writers and directors did tons of research in order to portray everything as exact as they could.

I haven't seen any movies lately.

It seems like alot of things in that movie were authenticated in a way...small details ya know, but one big detail they left out was that a man had been living with Mary Kelly and remained in the area after recently moving and that he frenquently came to visit her...all around the time of the killings.

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted May 14, 2003 10:44     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Al Pacino. That's the name.
Puzzled
VoivodFan
Member # 294

posted May 15, 2003 02:33     Profile for Puzzled   Email Puzzled     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Slaytanic :
Al Pacino. That's the name.

DAMN...THANKS!

Couldn't think of that to save my life.

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted May 17, 2003 03:21     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
HAHAHA, well HollyWould has made a FEW good remakes of movies.

-The Thing
-Psycho
-Bedazzled (well, actually they were both good, but Dudley Moore (RIP) was a riot, and he DID help write it)

Well that's a few, I can't think of any more in my current state.

guidon
VoivodFan
Member # 137

posted May 17, 2003 05:06     Profile for guidon   Email guidon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hexonxonx:
good bunch of movies guidon. Which Insomnia - original or remake? How's One Hour Photo? Worth a watch?

Insomnia remake with Pacino. Never saw the original so I can't really comment. But the remake was pretty good.

One Hour Photo cool too. Bit of a slow build-up but in this case it only makes the movie better. Maybe not for someone who's into action movies...

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan