my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Well Holeeeey Cow! (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3

Author Topic: Well Holeeeey Cow!
Puzzled
VoivodFan
Member # 294

posted May 12, 2003 07:57     Profile for Puzzled   Email Puzzled     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I jus' re-Alized how much a dayum hick I tawl like! Well...Geeee wiz!

I called the radio station and I asked if they played Voivod (I said Jason Newsteds band cause I thought they'd say...WHO?) Anyway...The dude knew who I was talking about about and told me to bring the Cd by so they could rip it (unfortunately I can't cause I ain't got a car, but then another guy called up after I did and said he had to comment on the new Voivod and he told them DJs they had to get it. hmm? That was weird.....The only thing is...THEY PUT ME ON THE DAGGUM RAYDIO!

|  IP: Logged
Puzzled
VoivodFan
Member # 294

posted May 12, 2003 08:03     Profile for Puzzled   Email Puzzled     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think they got a website...I don't see why somebody can't send them a song to hear. I ain't got the right shit and don't know what I'm doing.

Why couldn't somebody do it? I wonder how it could be done. Cause I can't take them my CD. I'm in Lakeland. They're in Valdosta. If that could be possible then somehow I might be able to get them to play it, but I have to figure out if its possible before I even bring it up in an E-mail...besides...I don't wanna call them back right yet cawz I caint tawk right!

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted May 12, 2003 23:04     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What would probably really help here would be:

a. the name of the station...
b. and/ or the web address

Yes, I am sure of it - one or both of those would help immensely.

Puzzled
VoivodFan
Member # 294

posted May 12, 2003 23:22     Profile for Puzzled   Email Puzzled     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
WWRQ-FM 107.9 MHz
Valdosta, Georgia
"Rock 108"
Station Owner:
Rtg Media, LLC
find stations owned by Rtg Media, LLC
this feature is only available to Gold Customers

Station Address:
1707 a Al Brooks Dr.
Valdosta, GA 31601

Phone: 912-244-1009
Fax: 912-242-7620

It says they have no website on this locator but they do. I think they haven't had an official one long and the call in line is actually 247-1077

Puzzled
VoivodFan
Member # 294

posted May 12, 2003 23:31     Profile for Puzzled   Email Puzzled     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I wish I had Angel Rat on CD because I think they should check out The Prow too. The afternoon chic might play that when she occasionally takes requests.

Wouldn't that be cool to hear Voivod on the radio?

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted May 12, 2003 23:37     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I for one, would not want to hear songs from Angel Rat on the radio. I can think of someone else who wouldn't want to hear that either. Guess who? lol...
Puzzled
VoivodFan
Member # 294

posted May 12, 2003 23:45     Profile for Puzzled   Email Puzzled     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Noitall:
I for one, would not want to hear songs from Angel Rat on the radio. I can think of someone else who wouldn't want to hear that either. Guess who? lol...

uh...I would, but I really don't care.

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted May 12, 2003 23:46     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Who was asking you? Not I. Next time I'll clarify and not leave my questions so open ended. "Guess who? Except for you Puzzled. No guess is necessary on your part."
Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted May 12, 2003 23:54     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh, you two...

Ok Puzzled, if you will do the busywork and contact someone from this station,
I will be happy to rip a couple of choice Voivod tracks and email it to them,
or post them for download. (their choice)

As long as this is all legal, I have no problem spreading the word.

Here is the station's website:
http://www.rtgmedia.net/rock108/

If I have it my way, there will be one track from the new one -
and one classic, vintage VV song NOT from Angel Rat.

</my 2 cents>

Puzzled
VoivodFan
Member # 294

posted May 13, 2003 00:09     Profile for Puzzled   Email Puzzled     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Who was asking you? Not I. Next time I'll clarify and not leave my questions so open ended. "Guess who? Except for you Puzzled. No guess is necessary on your part."

Oh, you didn't need to tell me it was meant for me. I know all of your posts are meant for me, dearheart.

Puzzled
VoivodFan
Member # 294

posted May 13, 2003 00:12     Profile for Puzzled   Email Puzzled     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tangento:
Oh, you two...

Ok Puzzled, if you will do the busywork and contact someone from this station,
I will be happy to rip a couple of choice Voivod tracks and email it to them,
or post them for download. (their choice)

As long as this is all legal, I have no problem spreading the word.

Here is the station's website:
http://www.rtgmedia.net/rock108/

If I have it my way, there will be one track from the new one -
and one classic, vintage VV song NOT from Angel Rat.

</my 2 cents>

Which ones are you talking about? Cause the thing is...the only CD in stores is the new one.

Ya know...something tells me someone from the radiostation just might go check it out for themselves.

Puzzled
VoivodFan
Member # 294

posted May 13, 2003 00:22     Profile for Puzzled   Email Puzzled     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hmm...Somebody who doesn't want to hear Angel Rat...? Let me think...hmm...Who could that be?? I wonder...Gimme a minute now...Just wait...Its on the tip of my tongue. I know I know the answer...Hold on...

I GOT IT!

The infamous chat member "Noire"?? Or however its supposed to be spelled.

mmm...Well...If so then...

WHOOPTY FUCKIN' DO!

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted May 13, 2003 00:51     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cat fight!

Don't make me pull a Don King here...

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted May 13, 2003 01:00     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Puzzled:
Which ones are you talking about? Cause the thing is...the only CD in stores is the new one.

Ya know...something tells me someone from the radiostation just might go check it out for themselves.

Well fuck me for trying to help...

In a perfect world, that is what they would do, because it is their fucking JOB.

But in this world, the majority of commercial radio programming is nothing more than music biz propaganda, and is strictly dictated by previously mentioned "Corporate Entities".

If these people actually DO go out and procure some fucking Voivod and actually PLAY it ON THE AIR, I will probably have to shit myself.

Please keep me posted.

Puzzled
VoivodFan
Member # 294

posted May 13, 2003 01:24     Profile for Puzzled   Email Puzzled     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tangento:
Well fuck me for trying to help...

In a perfect world, that is what they would do, because it is their fucking JOB.

But in this world, the majority of commercial radio programming is nothing more than music biz propaganda, and is strictly dictated by previously mentioned "Corporate Entities".

If these people actually DO go out and procure some fucking Voivod and actually PLAY it ON THE AIR, I will probably have to shit myself.

Please keep me posted.

uh...uh...uh...

Yeah...ok...(snicker)

You have a nice day.

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted May 13, 2003 01:35     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Radio stations never procure anything, they just sit back like cheap fucks and wait for the promos to come in.
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted May 13, 2003 01:47     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Tangento, are you into Goya or just that particular pic? I've always like Goya's paintings.

Whoopty fuckin' do??? Do I have to open a can of whoop ass? Ha ha ha.... Meet me in the pit, titless.

Puzzled
VoivodFan
Member # 294

posted May 13, 2003 01:49     Profile for Puzzled   Email Puzzled     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nuclear infusion:
Radio stations never procure anything, they just sit back like cheap fucks and wait for the promos to come in.

Sorry...but I don't think anyone on this board is capable of answering for every single radio station. Doesn't anyone have anything else to comment on? Thats the thing about this board. It is a generator of negativity in places where negativity is moot. What is the point behind it all? It makes me laugh to think that the majority of people use 90% of the thinking capacity to be advocates of useless negativity. It wouldn't suprise me if people from this board called up this particular radio station just to ask the DJs NOT to play Voivod for the mere sake of being right and making me wrong. This place is like the dark side of the force and I knew it. Its cracking me up. You can shape and fashion it anyway you like but when it boils down to it...the negativity always...ALWAYS...surfaces.

Puzzled
VoivodFan
Member # 294

posted May 13, 2003 01:52     Profile for Puzzled   Email Puzzled     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Hey Tangento, are you into Goya or just that particular pic? I've always like Goya's paintings.

Whoopty fuckin' do??? Do I have to open a can of whoop ass? Ha ha ha.... Meet me in the pit titless.

You're not gonna step to me...or maybe you ARE that stupid. Yeah...We'll see about this.

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted May 13, 2003 01:53     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
rotfl.....
Puzzled
VoivodFan
Member # 294

posted May 13, 2003 01:56     Profile for Puzzled   Email Puzzled     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
rotfl.....

If you think for one minute that what you just said makes any difference to me in any way what-so-ever...then you got me ALL wrong.

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted May 13, 2003 01:59     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Puzzled:

Sorry...but I don't think anyone on this board is capable of answering for every single radio station. Doesn't anyone have anything else to comment on? Thats the thing about this board. It is a generator of negativity in places where negativity is moot. What is the point behind it all? It makes me laugh to think that the majority of people use 90% of the thinking capacity to be advocates of useless negativity. It wouldn't suprise me if people from this board called up this particular radio station just to ask the DJs NOT to play Voivod for the mere sake of being right and making me wrong. This place is like the dark side of the force and I knew it. Its cracking me up. You can shape and fashion it anyway you like but when it boils down to it...the negativity always...ALWAYS...surfaces.

I was generalizing.

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted May 13, 2003 07:25     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This thread is funny!

VVF Death Match!
Noitall vs Puzzled in the Mosh Pit from Hell!
Live on VVF Pay-Per-View!

I bet Puzzled will go down within 30 Seconds.
(No, Noitall, stomping on her head isnt allowed.)

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted May 13, 2003 07:43     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The dark side? Cool! Adopts Emperor voice: "Everything is proceeding as I have forseeeen...."
Puzzled
VoivodFan
Member # 294

posted May 13, 2003 08:11     Profile for Puzzled   Email Puzzled     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by King Kula:
This thread is funny!

VVF Death Match!
Noitall vs Puzzled in the Mosh Pit from Hell!
Live on VVF Pay-Per-View!

I bet Puzzled will go down within 30 Seconds.
(No, Noitall, stomping on her head isnt allowed.)

Don't bet on it.

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan