my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Voivod May 11 Norfolk, VA Show cancelled?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Voivod May 11 Norfolk, VA Show cancelled?
Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted May 12, 2003 06:06     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Someone over at voivod.com said this. I need to know if it's true and why. What a bummer!
 |  IP: Logged
Puzzled
VoivodFan
Member # 294

posted May 12, 2003 06:18     Profile for Puzzled   Email Puzzled     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Where did you see that? I didn't see it anywhere.
Puzzled
VoivodFan
Member # 294

posted May 12, 2003 06:22     Profile for Puzzled   Email Puzzled     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh...Ok...I found it. I wonder what the deal with that is.
Metalmom
Junior VoivodFan
Member # 203

posted May 12, 2003 16:47     Profile for Metalmom   Email Metalmom     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It was cancelled by Jason because he wanted to be with his mom on Mother's Day. The last few shows have been very intense and to be honest, I forsee more cancellations coming.
Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted May 12, 2003 22:51     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm sure the other guys have moms too?
Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted May 12, 2003 23:00     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Metalmom:
It was cancelled by Jason because he wanted to be with his mom on Mother's Day. The last few shows have been very intense and to be honest, I forsee more cancellations coming.

Welcome Metal Mom!
Your screenname caught my eye, and I notice this is your first post.

I was just wondering if you could ellaborate a bit on what you are saying here...
It sounds a bit ominous.

tomsawyer
VoivodFan
Member # 306

posted May 14, 2003 12:06     Profile for tomsawyer   Email tomsawyer     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
All I know is, they better be in Jersey on Friday.
Mr Eddy
VoivodFan
Member # 302

posted May 16, 2003 20:14     Profile for Mr Eddy   Email Mr Eddy     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nuclear, don't waste your time with this one. The mother's day thing is obvioulsy a hoax.
Metalmom
Junior VoivodFan
Member # 203

posted May 17, 2003 10:17     Profile for Metalmom   Email Metalmom     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Mother's Day/Family thing is not a hoax. A good friend of mine that went to both Michigan shows last weekend talked with one of Jason's assistants after one of the shows. Jason's assistant, Mike, told her that the Norfolk show for the next day was cancelled because they knew that there was no way they could get to Norfolk from Michigan in time, so they went ahead and cancelled it. So with that being the case, Mike also said that Jason wanted to take some time to be with his Mom and family. The Norfolk show was going to be on Mother's day, so it was obvious why he wanted to spend some time with her. Most of his family, including his Mother, lives in Michigan. It's not like they made a special trip to go see her and some other family when they were already in the area. As far as I know, that's what happened, that's what the deal was with the cancellation. If Mike gave misleading info to that very dear and close friend of mine, then you have my apology. I'm completely confident that the information is accurate and true.

About my comment when I said that I forsee more cancellations..It was just MY opinion, not fact. As far as I know, Jason has never cancelled any shows, not even when he was sick with the flu. He'd get up there and play those long sets hurting and aching all over, on top of being sick. Nothing had ever stopped him. The food poisoning situation was very understandable because he was hospitalized for being severely dehydrated. But going on the general consensus by what some people have said about the shows they went to, such as "Jason didn't look like he wanted to be there" ,"Jason didn't look to happy", it just kind of made me feel deep down that something isn't quite right. Yeah, it could've been just a bad day here and there, but when Jason had a bad day when he was out touring with Metallica, you surely couldn't tell it. He was always so humble and happy to be playing music no matter how frustrated, sick or tired he was and it always showed on the outside. Anyway, I'm a Mom, as I'm sure you noticed, and I do tend to worry and care alot about people. I just hope that the Ozzfest goes better for him and most of all, I hope he takes care of himself so he can give that 100% at those concerts like he really wants to.

Gorf
VoivodFan
Member # 119

posted May 17, 2003 15:21     Profile for Gorf   Email Gorf     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If thats true, than as a bandmember I'd say jasonic is fucking selfish. What a dweeb. He said he'd be there for the fans no matter how small the crowd of 100 was. Financial constraints accepted, of course.
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted May 17, 2003 15:37     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Gorf...

Did you get the Promo Package or CD?

Jasonic is not a "dweeb" nor selfish.

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted May 17, 2003 15:40     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ozzfest is due in my area on August 22nd at Nissan Pavilion, there are only canadian dates posted on the main site. does anyone know when the US ozzfest dates will be posted on voivod.com ?

Also ive picked these up elsewheres in the universe.

Ozzy Osbourne w/ Voivod - June 4th, Pengrowth Saddledome - Calgary, AB
Ozzy Osbourne w/ Voivod - June 6th, Skyreach Center - Edmonton, AB

Gorf
VoivodFan
Member # 119

posted May 17, 2003 16:26     Profile for Gorf   Email Gorf     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by King Kula:
Gorf...

Did you get the Promo Package or CD?

Jasonic is not a "dweeb" nor selfish.

I love Jasonic, the new album and everybody.
I'm seeing some bad things about the band. I too, got my area show cancelled, and the band didn't have the courtesy to post a message on the website saying so. How hard is that? I got an e-mail saying my package was going to come and to update my address and make sure it was correct. I did, never got it. Now I hear, Jasonic skipped a date to be with his Mom. I don't buy it. Either sales were poor or whatever, but if it is true he wanted to go home for mothers day, he is a dweeb. He said he'd be there playing for 100 fans, then do so! Away said the set would be 1 hr 20 mins. It wasn't! Now I am supposed to shell out 100 bucks to see Ozzfest to see my favorite band and singer Snake that I haven't seen in ten years? The one album that is killer this year?

Bad management Voivod, sorry! Sometimes, you have to tell even your bro when he is a dweeb.

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted May 17, 2003 16:34     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
So *we're* negative, are we Away?

Voivod are touring. They have a new album out, re-releases/masters/whatever and various new stuff coming out hopefully soon. Another album is a near certainty, and Voivod are doing the most high-publicity, high-exposure tour they could possibly do, probably.

And all this, when frighteningly recently it was all dead in the water. Finished.

Get some perspective.

Gorf
VoivodFan
Member # 119

posted May 17, 2003 17:00     Profile for Gorf   Email Gorf     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Is that what you call damage control Nerf-Herder? How much are they paying you to say that?
LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted May 18, 2003 04:04     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Why should I be paid for telling the truth?
LivingEvil
unregistered

posted May 18, 2003 04:58       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This new album kicks ass and i love the promo stuff but this cancelling and barely stopping anywere close by SUCKS!
I will Not go to Ozzfest.Besides Voivod i HATE all those bands playing at Ozzfest including the undead ozzy.

IP: Logged
BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted May 18, 2003 06:27     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I had more fun seeing the "eric-era" voivod with neurosis, than the the actual prospect of seeing this "oz-fest" bull-shite!

I'm beginning to not like "the new and improved" Vod, very much so.

Gorf
VoivodFan
Member # 119

posted May 18, 2003 12:32     Profile for Gorf   Email Gorf     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lycanthropy:
Why should I be paid for telling the truth?

I'm just siding with Away on that one.You guys were negative. The cover sucks , blah blah blah, "wheres blacky" etc; all before the album even came out. So you deserved their disdain here, so don't put it back on him.

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted May 18, 2003 12:34     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Gorf....

You are calling Jason a "Dweeb" for seeing his Mom on Mothers Day.
By doing that...you are also insulting her!

Now let me ask you if YOU have a Mother, or were you Hatched from an Egg?
(If the latter is true, your Mother would be a Hen?)

Your insults directly to Jason in this manor are just not right.
Why didnt you post the same insults to Jason over at VOIVOD.COM?
Or are you perhapse.....Chicken???

A lack of Communicaton from the Band over Tour Dates, etc, is nothing new.
For those who wont get to see them, or got canceled out...I'm sorry...
But thats Rock & Roll.
Shit happens & Bands must make these decisions.
Its not like they want to cancel.

Gorf & Living Evil...
If you are going to be so NEGATIVE towards Voivod and theyre decisions...
perhapse you should find a new band to listen to.

LivingEvil
unregistered

posted May 18, 2003 12:40       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Is the truth negative?
The album,cover video is great.It's the handling of the tour thats not so great.
I think it's great that they can get with a major tour and get alot of exposure and the small tour before the big tour was a great idea for the fans to go see them do a bigger setlist but they're not stopping very many places and they have already cancelled the one closest to me so now i am forced to go to Ozzfest to see them.I guess i wont see them

IP: Logged
LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted May 18, 2003 15:07     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gorf:

I'm just siding with Away on that one.You guys were negative. The cover sucks , blah blah blah, "wheres blacky" etc; all before the album even came out. So you deserved their disdain here, so don't put it back on him.

I never said any of that.

I came here from the Chophouse, remember? Although I had Hatross, I was more of a Jason fan than a Voivod fan for a looooooong time.

I like the bloody album cover, anyway. And the album.

Gorf
VoivodFan
Member # 119

posted May 18, 2003 15:33     Profile for Gorf   Email Gorf     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by King Kula:
Gorf....

You are calling Jason a "Dweeb" for seeing his Mom on Mothers Day.
By doing that...you are also insulting her!

Now let me ask you if YOU have a Mother, or were you Hatched from an Egg?
(If the latter is true, your Mother would be a Hen?)

Your insults directly to Jason in this manor are just not right.
Why didnt you post the same insults to Jason over at VOIVOD.COM?
Or are you perhapse.....Chicken???

A lack of Communicaton from the Band over Tour Dates, etc, is nothing new.
For those who wont get to see them, or got canceled out...I'm sorry...
But thats Rock & Roll.
Shit happens & Bands must make these decisions.
Its not like they want to cancel.

Gorf & Living Evil...
If you are going to be so NEGATIVE towards Voivod and theyre decisions...
perhapse you should find a new band to listen to.

Kula,
I was born in a Zoo.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan