my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Anyone remember MACE and/or Metal Church? (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 

Author Topic: Anyone remember MACE and/or Metal Church?
LivingEvil
unregistered

posted May 13, 2003 01:58       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I would have loved to see Metal Church open for Metallica even though the stuff with Mike Howe is the BEST,but i was blessed with seeing Metallica when the "Puppets" tour started.They opened for Ozzy and Cliff was un-fucking believable.I will never forget that show.It's at the top of the list next to Savatage/Megadeth opening for Dio & the Suicidal Tendencies/Infectious Grooves tours.
(Dio sucked big time but i didnt go to see him anyway & Ozzy sucked also but once again i didn't go to see him either.)
Never saw Voivod though.I have been fucked over twice now when Voivod came to town.The first time with Soundgarden/Faith no more and just recently. Both times i had to work and could'nt get time off without losing my job.i thought about it but somehow being homeless just doesn't look that good to me.
Been there done that.

IP: Logged
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted May 13, 2003 07:34     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I saw the Metallica / Ozzy tour prior to Cliff's death, and saw the Metal Church / Anthrax tour (no Testament...but I have seen them a couple times).

Damn, Infectious & Suicidal...Fuckin' COOL...I woulda loved to been there.

|  IP: Logged
Helldriver
VoivodFan
Member # 46

posted May 13, 2003 07:44     Profile for Helldriver   Email Helldriver     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Anyone remember MACE?
El Indio
VoivodFan
Member # 18

posted May 13, 2003 18:14     Profile for El Indio   Email El Indio     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You know I swear that a few riffs that I heard from G N'R sound quite a bit like alot of the riffs which are found on Metal Church's first album. Do I detect an influence here? Not that I'm knocking anybody here; its hard sometimes to separate influence from plagiarism... Not that I'm accusing anyone here either (Heh, heh!) As for the heavy metal outfit Testament, I have never checked out them live though I used to admire this "turbo-overdrive" type power chord or riff/sound which they used to throw out every once in a while. Amazing yet scairy! Just by chance a few years ago I happened to come across their touring bus in Seattle but was so unnerved and shocked by the experience that I got the hell out of their A.S.A.P. before all hell broke loose!!! I literally turned around and ran away screaming in the opposite direction!!! "AAAAEEEEEIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!"
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted May 14, 2003 10:39     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
El Indio must be the craziest guy on this Forum by far...
Iron Noggin
VoivodFan
Member # 310

posted May 14, 2003 12:00     Profile for Iron Noggin   Email Iron Noggin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Puzzled:
Tangento...That has got to be the craziest smiley I have ever seen in my life. I like that.

Speaking of Metal Church. Me and cthon were talking about this. Once upon a time in the early 90s...there was a song called Badlands...Now...I'm not talking about the band Badlands...I'm talking about the song and I would have bet a paycheck that it was Metal Church. Who in the hell did that song??? Its driving me crazy.

You know...I should probably try to look it up if its driving me that crazy...duh.

yes, that was MC, off of the Blessing In Disguise album, excellent disc, although i didn't find much interest in them after that...

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted May 14, 2003 19:09     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Iron Noggin:
yes, that was MC, off of the Blessing In Disguise album, excellent disc, although i didn't find much interest in them after that...

What made you loose interest after that album?
I thought what came out after Blessing was better!!!

LivingEvil
unregistered

posted May 14, 2003 21:25       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah,Human Factor is the best Metal Church album so far.
Iron Noggin
VoivodFan
Member # 310

posted May 15, 2003 00:57     Profile for Iron Noggin   Email Iron Noggin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think i just liked David Wayne's vocals better...and I just found myself gravitating towards even heavier stuff about that time...now i'm kind of coming full circle, and would like to check out those next couple of albums after B.I.D.
LivingEvil
unregistered

posted May 16, 2003 14:12       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Metal Church bootlegs

> > Black Reborn
Recorded live Portland,Or.
Oct.2,1984
Battalions
In the blood
The brave
Hitman
Gods of wrath
Merciless onslaught
Beyond the black
(demos)
deathwish
The brave
Battalions
Gods of wrath
Hitman (Instrumental version)

> > Wicked Hymns
Human Factor tour 91
Beyond the black
The human factor
Method to your madness
In mourning
Fake healer
Flee from reality
In harms way
Start the fire
Agent green
Metal church
Date with poverty
Badlands
battalions
total playing time 73:28

> > Blessing in Japan
recorded live at club chitta
kawasaki,japan Nov.20,1991
disc one
beyond the black
the human factor
method to your madness
in mourning
fake healer
free from reality
in harms way
ton of bricks
start the fire
the final word
disc 2
agent green
metal church
date with poverty
watch the children play
badlands
battalions

> > Merciless Metal Onslaught
recorded live at muldoons
Moundview,MN. Nov. 20,1985
Hitman
Battalions
Nightmare
in the blood
To ride a pale horse
Psycho
Gods of wrath
Merciless onslaught
Over my dead body
beyond the black
Metal church
Highway star
83 demos
deathwish
battalions
gods of wrath

> > Rarities
The Brave-from metal massacre 5
Battalions demo-four hymns demos 82
death wish demo-from four hymns 82
gods of wrath demo-four hymns
big guns-european version
hitman demo-1981
put the chains on demo-1981
low to overdrive-japanese bonus track
iron man-sir mix a lot w/metal church
legion-remake of fake healer by reverend
start the fire-from live in japan
watch the children pray-live in japan
The brave-live Oct. 1984

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted May 16, 2003 23:52     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Double angry now!!!

That Merciless Metal boot looks great!

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan