my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » If Voivod would cover a Metallica song....

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: If Voivod would cover a Metallica song....
Paulander7
VoivodFan
Member # 298

posted May 11, 2003 04:01     Profile for Paulander7   Email Paulander7     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Which one, and only one, would y'all want to hear done? How bout' "Through The Never?"
 |  IP: Logged
LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted May 11, 2003 04:20     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Huh!?

Firstly, why?

Um, I wouldn't. Most Metallica songs are boring, repetitive and unoriginal (Fade to Black has a riff which is a ripoff of a Black Sabbath song, for example). The drumming would probably bore poor Away to death.

Sorry.

Puzzled
VoivodFan
Member # 294

posted May 11, 2003 05:00     Profile for Puzzled   Email Puzzled     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
None.

I like Metallica but I think weirder stuff is more up their alley. I'm not doing too good at thinking right now, but if it HAD to be done for some unconceivable reason I would try to think of something moody, melodious with showy solos. Welcome Home? hmm...OH NO...I got it...The thing that should not be...yeah...pardon the pun...And once again....WHY?

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted May 11, 2003 05:10     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Anesthesia (pulling teeth) right into "Whiplash" of course MUTHERFUCKERS!!!!
AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

(nope, sorry, wouldn't be the same)

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted May 11, 2003 06:54     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh, that's easy...Green Hell!
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted May 11, 2003 12:29     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Metallica Song that, to me, would be most interresting to hear Voivod do...

'Seek and Destroy'

Its a very simple song, but just imagine Piggy doing the Guitar!
That would be cool.

'Seek and Destroy' is my Favorite Met song anyway.
Its got a good groove. lol!

But still...on the other hand...
Lets see Metallica try to cover a VOIVOD Song!
I bet they couldnt do it!

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted May 11, 2003 13:43     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"Astronomy", off the "Garage Inc." album.
El Indio
VoivodFan
Member # 18

posted May 11, 2003 14:49     Profile for El Indio   Email El Indio     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Its been a long time since I listened to the Master of Puppets tape. If I remember correctly, the old cassette died on me a few years back and so, out of sheer frustration I broke it up into a bunch of small pieces! How about if Voivod covered "In madness you dwell" or whatever the hell that song is called. Actually I would prefer it if Voivod would cover some other bands. Perhaps take a song out of one genre and put it into another. Like that industrial/noise version of Europe's "Final Countdown" I heard a while ago. How about if Voivod covered Deep Purple's "Stormbringer"? That would be cool!
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted May 11, 2003 15:19     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by El Indio:
Like that industrial/noise version of Europe's "Final Countdown" I heard a while ago.

That's Laibach's. It's them who did a cover of "Final Countdown".

KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted May 11, 2003 15:43     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by El Indio:
"In madness you dwell"

The Thing That Should Not Be...

Probably my choice too if they REALLY wanted to go there. Metallica couldn't cover voivod, there's too many new chords to learn!

Layla's Dad
VoivodFan
Member # 48

posted May 11, 2003 16:54     Profile for Layla's Dad   Email Layla's Dad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm gonna go along with Slaytanic on this one. However, if the band covered "Astro-
nomy", they would technically be covering Blue Oyster Cult, which would be a band far more appropriate for Voivod to cover than Metallica. Certainly the imagery and musical progression through the two bands' careers have parallels. I'd love to hear Piggy's take on "Harvester of Eyes" myself.

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted May 11, 2003 18:18     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Layla's Dad:
I'm gonna go along with Slaytanic on this one. However, if the band covered "Astro-
nomy", they would technically be covering Blue Oyster Cult, which would be a band far more appropriate for Voivod to cover than Metallica. Certainly the imagery and musical progression through the two bands' careers have parallels. I'd love to hear Piggy's take on "Harvester of Eyes" myself.

I with ya on this one. Voivod doing a BOC would be far better than a Metallica cover.
Black Blade
Lips In The Hills
Divine Wind
Monsters
Veins
Veteran Of The Psychic Wars
In The Presence Of Another World
I could go on and on with great BOC songs...

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan