my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Dave Grohl on new KILLING JOKE lp

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dave Grohl on new KILLING JOKE lp
H.M.A. Merch guy
VoivodFan
Member # 311

posted May 10, 2003 16:04     Profile for H.M.A. Merch guy   Email H.M.A. Merch guy     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Has anyone heard it yet? "Axis Of Evil"? Fuck,....I've been waiting for a new Killing Joke record for quite some time.
 |  IP: Logged
LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted May 10, 2003 16:25     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
There was a big article in UK 'Kerrang!' a few weeks back. Basically most of it was just telling the ignorant trendies just who Killing Joke are.
H.M.A. Merch guy
VoivodFan
Member # 311

posted May 10, 2003 16:31     Profile for H.M.A. Merch guy   Email H.M.A. Merch guy     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've spent the last 15 - 20 years explaining to people what an incredible band they are. Maybe we'll get lucky and get a tour.
Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted May 10, 2003 19:31     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
There is also another thread on this subject:

HERE

neutronboy2000
VoivodFan
Member # 71

posted May 10, 2003 21:14     Profile for neutronboy2000   Email neutronboy2000     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeahhhhh!!!!! A new set of "terror-trance dances" from the almighty Killing Joke! I've been listening to them since high school days(around '84).They're one of the most underrated bands around! The last album I heard was "Democracy" and I saw them in Houston on the "Pandemonium" tour. I can't wait 'til the album/tour comes out-in my opinion,Voivod should be their first choice for openers if the K.J US tour happens...There's a double live album that came out awhile back (on Get Back)RECORDS,Italy(I think)
Puzzled
VoivodFan
Member # 294

posted May 10, 2003 22:31     Profile for Puzzled   Email Puzzled     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by H.M.A. Merch guy:
Has anyone heard it yet? "Axis Of Evil"? Fuck,....I've been waiting for a new Killing Joke record for quite some time.

I haven't heard it. I haven't even hearf OF it. Sounds interesting. Perhaps I will get to check that out. What is it like? What is Dave Grohl doing? I liked his stuff in the Foo Fighters.

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted May 11, 2003 00:15     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm looking forward to that too. I heard it's not supposed to be released til the summer though. It would be crazy to see Grohl drumming for them too, I haven't seen him drum live since Nirvana and Scream.

Oh, and just for you KK, a bad drumming joke:

How can you tell a drummer's at the door?
The knocking speeds up.
heh heh.

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted May 11, 2003 04:29     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It should be cool. Grohl's a better drummer than he is a singer/guitarist. I never really liked Nirvana, but his drumming with QOTSA was cool. Especially live.
BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted May 11, 2003 04:56     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lycanthropy:
It should be cool. Grohl's a better drummer than he is a singer/guitarist. I never really liked Nirvana, but his drumming with QOTSA was cool. Especially live.

I "extremely" beg to differ! He's definitely a "one-man" show if that could ever be possible.

ooops, forgot, he's not such a bad songwriter either!

Gorf
VoivodFan
Member # 119

posted May 11, 2003 12:16     Profile for Gorf   Email Gorf     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I love Dave Grolsch. Especially when he rips off Swervedriver. Give him a Grammy for gods sakes. Every MTV poster boy should have one!
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted May 12, 2003 13:51     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't know BCoD, Grohl is killer on the drums. Not to downplay his guitar playing/songwriting by any means but I agree with Lyc somewhat. And the Foos were more interesting in the beginning now they're sounding more same-y so I can't say I'm as excited to hear them.
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted May 12, 2003 15:53     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
har har har...
You so funny, Nia!

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan