my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » I just found something out about the afterlife.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I just found something out about the afterlife.
Puzzled
VoivodFan
Member # 294

posted May 09, 2003 21:13     Profile for Puzzled   Email Puzzled     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
As previously thought, when you die, you will not be flying to heaven. There is no point in trying. I just made a startling discovery while lying on my bed thinking I was going to die.

My former theory was, that when you die, you would then be able to zoom around like on the astral plane, which still may be the case as far as mobility is concerned, but you will not be able to leave the gravitational hold of the Earth. I saw some things come out of the ground a few years back. I can't remember if I have told anyone here this story, but now I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that it was, in fact, two members of the dead. For some reason that I can't explain, some of the dead are shrouded in light and have some sort of keys into this dimension. There are also peekholes that appear in the air. Small flashes of light and HUGE MONSTEROUS ones that scare the living hell out of you. I have been told many times that no "fly away" doctrine ever exsisted. Now I understand what that means. When you die, you will remain in the Earth on a parallel dimension until the givin time that the dead will be brought up out of the earth and I don't mean zombies. I mean the earth is enormously full of spirits. They are everywhere around us. So...for those of you who have ever had the habit of trying to fly in your sleep, you might as well give it up, because you are not going anywhere and are probably taxing your heart with excess adrenaline. Unfortunately, I think we are going to be stuck here until the last days of the Earth itself unless of course we become astronauts. I for one, would not want to risk it...but anywayz...just abit of trivial information for those of you who wonder about such things.

|  IP: Logged
BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted May 09, 2003 23:45     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
When you responded with your measurements in an earlier post, upon first glance, I thought not only was I a pervert, I was also a pedophile. Well for my sake, hopefully you aren't really 12 years old, but unfortunately you sure do "write" like one.
Puzzled
VoivodFan
Member # 294

posted May 09, 2003 23:54     Profile for Puzzled   Email Puzzled     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BCoD:
When you responded with your measurements in an earlier post, upon first glance, I thought not only was I a pervert, I was also a pedophile. Well for my sake, hopefully you aren't really 12 years old, but unfortunately you sure do "write" like one.

Well...Smartypants. What do you think happens after death? Do you have any better clues to this commonly asked question?

And, now that I am thinking about it, I don't think I have ever heard a 12 yr old speak of such things. Perhaps you can find some scientific term to describe "things" and "places" outside of the conscious mind, which I highly doubt...except for the astral plane which is generally poorly understood.

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted May 10, 2003 00:00     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Puzzled:
What do you think happens after death?

I really don't know, but if I did know, I more than likely would've "jumped-ship" many years ago.

Puzzled
VoivodFan
Member # 294

posted May 10, 2003 00:09     Profile for Puzzled   Email Puzzled     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
I really don't know, but if I did know, I more than likely would've "jumped-ship" many years ago.

So because you have nothing else to say but that...you have to pick on the way I write. You people have no initial scrupples and it is no wonder you are like rabid animals when someone new comes here.

Amalthea
VoivodFan
Member # 301

posted May 10, 2003 02:37     Profile for Amalthea   Email Amalthea     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"Rabid animals"...?!

I have not met with any, and I am new to this board as well (proud member number 301), and my geeky picture is even on view here.

Would having your own blog be of interest to you, Puzzled? You seem eager to post your thoughts and opinions, plus you're comfortable writing for an online audience. Having your own weblog (or even a website) would provide you with your own sounding board for whatever topic strikes you. This could be an additional outlet to complement message boards such as this one.

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted May 10, 2003 02:48     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Amalthea:
"Rabid animals"...?!

I have not met with any, and I am new to this board as well (proud member number 301), and my geeky picture is even on view here.

Would having your own blog be of interest to you, Puzzled? You seem eager to post your thoughts and opinions, plus you're comfortable writing for an online audience. Having your own weblog (or even a website) would provide you with your own sounding board for whatever topic strikes you. This could be an additional outlet to complement message boards such as this one.

A very constructive response, Amalthea.

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted May 10, 2003 03:21     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hell is more accessible than heaven because there are more gates .

What I find amusing is the fact that people think heaven is really in the sky, and Hell is in the ground.

Cockroach
VoivodFan
Member # 115

posted May 10, 2003 10:14     Profile for Cockroach   Email Cockroach     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Puzzled

When you die, you simple cease to exist. So don't waste your time posting bullshit on various message boards, life is too short.

Puzzled
VoivodFan
Member # 294

posted May 10, 2003 22:38     Profile for Puzzled   Email Puzzled     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cockroach:
Puzzled

When you die, you simple cease to exist. So don't waste your time posting bullshit on various message boards, life is too short.

You couldn't be more wrong. I would not flatly disagree with you if it weren't for the fact that you are looking to make a negative extension on my post, which I don't understand the point of that other than boredom and arrogance. I was not directing this to you to tell you what to think. It is simply my take on a popular issue. If you don't want to get wrapped up in it....DON'T!

Its really not that complicated is it?

Puzzled
VoivodFan
Member # 294

posted May 10, 2003 22:56     Profile for Puzzled   Email Puzzled     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Amalthea:
"Rabid animals"...?!

I have a website. Its nothing special, but you are absolutely right. I do like to post weird stuff and tell stories. I like to share my ideas before I forget them. I like to see other peoples reactions, not to trick them though...only submitting little bits and pieces to see who cares to reply. I like ghost stories and folklore and I have an interest in religions although I am a believer in the words of Christ. The world is full of strange things that I think need to be brought to peoples attention, they can take it or leave it. As for the initial post...I was in a strange mood. I have a nervous disposition and I get anxious alot and I like to analyze what my mind goes through. I have seen some things that is practically impossible to comprehend, but I believe they have some connection or I never would have seen them. Science can explain most everything...MOST everything. Perhaps there is a science to the unknown that we have not yet mastered...But I'd be willing to bet everything I have that there are forces we can't explain, supernatural phenomenon, life outside our "reality"...this list goes on and on. If I had a website...I don't think anyone would ever read it. I thought that one day, I would start putting my thoughts down privately and try to make some sense out of it...at least for the sake of fiction...but right now, its not really important and I WANT people to read it. Thats my whole motive. Starting a conversation about weird stuff. Sometimes that can be a bad thing because its hard to explain things and your mind has a tendancy to get lost in the unknown...by why should that matter? It doesn't mean you are crazy or stupid. It simply means you are mommentarily out of ideas.

Puzzled
VoivodFan
Member # 294

posted May 10, 2003 23:01     Profile for Puzzled   Email Puzzled     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nuclear infusion:
Hell is more accessible than heaven because there are more gates .

What I find amusing is the fact that people think heaven is really in the sky, and Hell is in the ground.

I don't know about the #s of gates or if that is a reason that heaven could be considered less accessible, but although I hate it...I have to admitt that you are scratching the surface of my point.

Perhaps I WILL begin to keep my ideas private.

royvis
VoivodFan
Member # 102

posted May 11, 2003 00:46     Profile for royvis   Email royvis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Puzzled,

Please don't keep your thoughts to yourself, especially if is because someone doesn't agree. Enough supression in the world already.

I find your topics interesting, if only for the fact that you are unique here for bringing them up in the first place.

I think that the world, and existance itself, is an ever increasing infinite multitude(multiverse) of ideas. I am skeptical of anyone who thinks they know what happens after death.

I find the forever elusive search for a "truth" much more interesting than deciding on one particular set of ideologies, and believing that anyone has any idea about what happens at death is preposterous.

These are some of my favorite lyrics from one of my all time favorite bands, Planet Dread:

"There is no time
Matter is a myth
Heaven is a wrinkle on your lip
Did I mention Jesus was a witch
And the universe is magic."

As Vio-lence says, Take it as you will.

The reason i'm here on this (superb) Voivod website is because I intuit that this is the underlying message of Voivod, and I support it fully. Search and explore, open yourself to new ideas. Don't settle for one, because its only an illusion that will evolve into something else. I think this is more apparent on the new album more than any other.

This is only my opinion. Or maybe it's a belief. Or an alternate dimension?

To the Death

Puzzled
VoivodFan
Member # 294

posted May 11, 2003 01:21     Profile for Puzzled   Email Puzzled     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Shiva23:
Puzzled,

Please don't keep your thoughts to yourself, especially if is because someone doesn't agree. Enough supression in the world already.

I find your topics interesting, if only for the fact that you are unique here for bringing them up in the first place.

I think that the world, and existance itself, is an ever increasing infinite multitude(multiverse) of ideas. I am skeptical of anyone who thinks they know what happens after death.

I find the forever elusive search for a "truth" much more interesting than deciding on one particular set of ideologies, and believing that anyone has any idea about what happens at death is preposterous.

These are some of my favorite lyrics from one of my all time favorite bands, Planet Dread:

"There is no time
Matter is a myth
Heaven is a wrinkle on your lip
Did I mention Jesus was a witch
And the universe is magic."

As Vio-lence says, Take it as you will.

The reason i'm here on this (superb) Voivod website is because I intuit that this is the underlying message of Voivod, and I support it fully. Search and explore, open yourself to new ideas. Don't settle for one, because its only an illusion that will evolve into something else. I think this is more apparent on the new album more than any other.

This is only my opinion. Or maybe it's a belief. Or an alternate dimension?

To the Death

hmm...

Nice post. Very intiguing. Thanks for the thoughts.

If I sounded as though I think I know exactly what happens when one dies...this was not my intension. I have just concluded and applied to my beliefs, because of other experiences, that the soul (which I believe exsists) remains within a collective, that, at the present time...is here on Earth. For US, that is. There seems to always be a lock on reality...such as the fact that as long as we live, we live inside certain physical limitations and I think that when one dies, this is no exception. I think its parallel, yet very close to home...we just can't always see it. I think it is a world as complex if not more so than this one and that the ones who are there, could possibly remember us...if their souls understand their "system" enough to allow the memory. They know things. They give us warnings and signs of things we don't understand.

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted May 11, 2003 06:11     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I elect Shiva23 as spiritual leader of VVF.com!!

What he said up there is pretty much my exact ideology, and he's right about Voivod.

"Risk it, try it, find it..."

About my gates comment, there are seven gates into hell. Remember that movie Se7en? Each gate represents the indulgement of each of those so-called sins.

And I agree with you Puzzled that there are spirits all around us, and there are several dimensions, even right in front of our faces.

Cockroach
VoivodFan
Member # 115

posted May 11, 2003 06:34     Profile for Cockroach   Email Cockroach     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I believe there is no soul, Heaven and Hell exist on Earth, inside the mind of each and every human being, depending on his/her wiew of world.
royvis
VoivodFan
Member # 102

posted May 11, 2003 12:13     Profile for royvis   Email royvis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey thanks for the vote, Nuc!
3 cheers to preaching to the choir!

Cockroach, I can identify with that, but I think it contains inherent contradictions.
The terms everything and nothing imply the same thing to me, singularity.

As far as heaven and hell on Earth, yes, that would certainly appear to be true. I think its a work in progress, an aspiration. Will humans live to see its completion? or is it complete when an individual dies, or global armageddon, when everything on the planet ceases.

The movie "Spawn" is pretty cool in this respect.

I believe that beliefs are like cages people voluntarily step inside. I could change my mind on that though.

Author Robert Anton Wilson once said something to the effect of, Trust no one, and be skeptical of yourself as well.

Cockroach
VoivodFan
Member # 115

posted May 11, 2003 12:34     Profile for Cockroach   Email Cockroach     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
To Shiva23:

I didn't mean Heaven/Hell on a global level, rather on individual level. A person can experience both in his life, not after it.
As for life after death, there is a concept, which i of course do not know whether is true, but find it interesting. it says that you will exist only as consciousness, moreover in a state of consciousness you had at the moment of your death. Don't remember whre i've heard it.

El Indio
VoivodFan
Member # 18

posted May 11, 2003 14:55     Profile for El Indio   Email El Indio     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
One day a few years ago I happened to be walking down a street and happened to come across a Jehovah Witness who was standing on a corner and witnessing. As I walked by him, he asked me, "Do you know where dead people go?"
"Yes," I replied, "To the graveyard..." It was so spontaneous. I love it when these moments happen and I manage to come up with some sort of wacky reply for people who ask me crazy questions.

KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted May 11, 2003 15:27     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My take on life/death?

You come into this world with nothing and you leave it as such. There is no sanctuary or afterlife when your lifeless corpse returns to the dust from which it came. You get one shot at life and that is it. Life is too short to ponder on what might be on 'the other side'; the business of survival is far more important. We are the present guardians of this precious, finite resource called Earth and it is in our hands to look after and sustain it so the next generation can enjoy it's wonders. Sadly I'd say that, at this moment, I would not like to be the next generation...

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted May 11, 2003 18:38     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Might I add that life as we know it (breathing, touching, smelling, hearing, seeing, tasting) seems all too complex as an entity, form, presence, etc. for it to cease automatically after one dies. I don't buy it. What would be the point to having all of this...and "nothing?"
Puzzled
VoivodFan
Member # 294

posted May 11, 2003 21:16     Profile for Puzzled   Email Puzzled     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Might I add that life as we know it (breathing, touching, smelling, hearing, seeing, tasting) seems all too complex as an entity, form, presence, etc. for it to cease automatically after one dies. I don't buy it. What would be the point to having all of this...and "nothing?"

I think life is constantly evolving. When evolution can't proceed something happens...like the dinosaurs becoming exstinct. I believe that after death the idea of evolution continues as well. I think we could possibly gain senses or extend the senses we already have. I think that we escape from some physical limitations but only some...like as humans we gain intensified individuality and ability to reason, only some don't tap into it as well as others. I think after death we are the same but we are released from certain limitations, but some limitations still exsist...like residing on Earth. I think the values we learn in this life are very important after death for the sake of being able to see clearly in a world that is unknown and closer to illusion. To be able to differentiate by what you "feel" with your spirit, rather than relying on traditional senses. There are few animals that mate for life. People in general are filters for the horrible reality of emotion. I'm thinking that if you fail at sorting things out mentally, emotionally, spiritually in this world...You are going to be very confused in the next where materialism will not play as big of a part in how you live or how you feel about things. I believe in ghosts and I do believe that their past can haunt them just as well as they can haunt the present, but I also believe that some spirits gain the ability to feel their way through a dimension that is more astral then physical after we experience the tragedy of death that we perceive in this world to be the final step.

Thats why I think having pets is cool. Its bringing an animal into human life. It helps them learn to sort there feelings and be a good animal. It is also beneficial to humans to accept the limitations of beings that are emotional yet without a hightened sense of reasoning. It is a gesture of compassion.

royvis
VoivodFan
Member # 102

posted May 11, 2003 23:48     Profile for royvis   Email royvis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Puzzled, great post...I love "When evolution can't proceed something happens..."
Pondering the something sure is exciting.

Perhaps a gene mutation that activates a previously untapped neural connection?

I don't usually think about this subject matter in terms of ghosts, but I guess thats a preference, a fashion of thinking. Having studied Anthropology, these metaphors are a constant everywhere. Disembodied ancestors.

and BCoD, I don't buy it either. like hologram theory, one little bit of reality/form/information contains the ingredients to the rest.

another Planet Dreadism (excerpt)
"...They think that we're orbiting the sun
They must have calculated something wrong"

Undetected orbits, planetary alignments...

It never ceases to amaze me how differently any idea can be communicated . Some people can introduce such interesting perspectives to well trodden topics.

"If the truth can be told, so as to be understood, it will be believed"
T.M.(RIP)

Puzzled
VoivodFan
Member # 294

posted May 12, 2003 01:38     Profile for Puzzled   Email Puzzled     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Shiva23:
Puzzled, great post...I love "When evolution can't proceed something happens..."
Pondering the something sure is exciting.

I don't usually think about this subject matter in terms of ghosts, but I guess thats a preference, a fashion of thinking. Having studied Anthropology, these metaphors are a constant everywhere. Disembodied ancestors.

and BCoD, I don't buy it either. like hologram theory, one little bit of reality/form/information contains the ingredients to the rest.

another Planet Dreadism (excerpt)
"...They think that we're orbiting the sun
They must have calculated something wrong"

Undetected orbits, planetary alignments...

It never ceases to amaze me how differently any idea can be communicated . Some people can introduce such interesting perspectives to well trodden topics.

"If the truth can be told, so as to be understood, it will be believed"
T.M.(RIP)

HaHa!...I like that!
I have thought about that in alot of different ways. For instance...the way a virus can effect genes, the way genes can effect virus'...the way they can now use virus' to combant genetic disorders...the way genes, the human resistance, times processes and anything that effects a virus such as medication can mutate the virus for good OR bad...the way virus' can drastically change how anything in the body works and also how certain genetic disorders can result in a person being different but still highly functional.

On the planetary thing. I have thought about this quite abit too. Isn't strange that everything on earth is line up just so...to make the possibility of life a reality. Coincidence?...I think not. Just think about if something happened to the moon. Lets say they were testing missiles or something and they accidentally blew up the moon...OR it got hit by an asteroid. Just think of the consequences that would have on the ocean and therefore the entire planet. It would be a total disaster and the moon just hangs there in the sky looking pretty. Do many people think of how important the alignment of everything is? How subtle and intricate the balance is?

As far as the dinosaurs are concerned...there was a definate imbalence going on among the species, but I don't see how exstinction could have taken place globally. I know there was an ice age but I'm almost positive that the entire Earth was not frozen. We still have remnants of some of those life forms, so things survived or else the systems of life would have had to start all over. Out of all the dinosaurs that exsisted...What now is left? There was a tragic imbalance of the species. There were monsterous carnivors feeding on helpless herbivors. I think human life is imbalanced as well and only a select few of the species might survive something globally tragic, but the spirits of the dead will be perserved, changed by death to carry over to the next exsistance...even if they are not around to see climax of that evolutionary momment. In other words...I think at one time, we might have been dinosaurs. I think this is were we get our fascination with dragons and great beasts, even the bible uses that image. Its part of the old world and is coded in our brains.

The Earth will eventually die or be destroyed. The question is...Can we evolve enough before then with our "information" to figure out how to manipulate "alignment" of necessary things to perserve human life OR...are we truly destined for ultimate destruction leaving our best bet to becoming intelligent celestial beings? Neither look hopeful at this momment but the thing is....Something WILL happen. The chances are too great. What has already happened defies scientific explaination of how all these things just...happened! Its obvious that spiritual energy exsist and it will no doubt gravitate intelligently to where it can make a home. Between Spirituality and science...I'm leaning towards spirituality, because I know that astral consiousness, if you will, has a tendancy to, by chance, to seek and find a destination of some importance without even knowing it was looking for one. Don't get me wrong...science is all good for the purposes it serves...but I believe exsistance after the end of this Earth is going to depend mostly on faith. We operate scientifically, but we got here in the first place by mere chance.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan