my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Jason Newsted is a very nice young man.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Jason Newsted is a very nice young man.
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted May 09, 2003 12:42     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well... after all, he did help revive the mighty Voivod. Hurrah!
 |  IP: Logged
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted May 09, 2003 13:07     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I will second that and lift my Pint up in honor of him!

Cheers Jason!

Please forgive me for everything bad i have said.
Away gave me a nice sweaty Drummer hug in the middle of the Canyon Club because i apologised to him.

Now i need a nice sweaty Bass Player hug!

Geeze...that sounded Gay. lol!

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted May 09, 2003 13:13     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
and he makes those "i am evillllllll" faces on stage. that's worth a couple of bucks to see for sure.
Marginal
VoivodFan
Member # 116

posted May 09, 2003 13:17     Profile for Marginal   Email Marginal     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well , that doesn't just sound gay . Btw , anyone know how many copies Voivod have sold from their last album ?
tomsawyer
VoivodFan
Member # 306

posted May 09, 2003 13:18     Profile for tomsawyer   Email tomsawyer     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Last I heard they were just over 10,000 copies.
Marginal
VoivodFan
Member # 116

posted May 09, 2003 13:45     Profile for Marginal   Email Marginal     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Eek ... if it's worldwide , it's quite deceiving but i hope it'll be different after their tour. They need to shoot a new video with Divine sun or Blame us imo.
LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted May 09, 2003 15:00     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yay Jason! YAY! The only reason I ever bothered to listen to or watch late period Metallica.

Please come to England soon! There'll be lots of beer!

Puzzled
VoivodFan
Member # 294

posted May 09, 2003 15:15     Profile for Puzzled   Email Puzzled     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Marginal:
Eek ... if it's worldwide , it's quite deceiving but i hope it'll be different after their tour. They need to shoot a new video with Divine sun or Blame us imo.

I think a cheap one for Les Cigares Volants as soon as possible. If it could be done cheaply and non-serious in content it could at least serve as another video until more could be put into another if at all possible. At least that is my idol god forsaken opinion. (note the lower case g)

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted May 09, 2003 15:19     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Puzzled:

If it could be done cheaply and non-serious in content

Like the Ravenous Medicine video?

Puzzled
VoivodFan
Member # 294

posted May 09, 2003 15:25     Profile for Puzzled   Email Puzzled     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Maldoror:
Like the Ravenous Medicine video?

Sorry. I have never seen it. Some of the coolest metal videos are cheaply done. It could be an appetizer for whatever comes next. It could serve as a reminder of the fairly new CD and touring before Ozzfest is over. Cheaply, quickly done...lighthearted in content but not without a theme.

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted May 09, 2003 16:12     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I like Jason. If i ever get the chance to meet him, i'll definately thank him.

As far as making another video, bah! Fuck that... especially for Les Cigares Volants. It's not gonna make the record sell more than it's selling already, which is sadly not alot, considering who's in the band (althought with the ozzy tour the numbers are bound to increase). Plus, why make another video that nobody's going to see?

Instead of wasting money on making another video from another song on the record, just tape some shows on this tour and release a DVD, for crap's sake! That's what EVERYONE has been waiting to get their paws on.

Puzzled
VoivodFan
Member # 294

posted May 09, 2003 16:37     Profile for Puzzled   Email Puzzled     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skulhed:
I like Jason. If i ever get the chance to meet him, i'll definately thank him.

As far as making another video, bah! Fuck that... especially for Les Cigares Volants. It's not gonna make the record sell more than it's selling already, which is sadly not alot, considering who's in the band (althought with the ozzy tour the numbers are bound to increase). Plus, why make another video that nobody's going to see?

Instead of wasting money on making another video from another song on the record, just tape some shows on this tour and release a DVD, for crap's sake! That's what EVERYONE has been waiting to get their paws on.

Well, that is a piss poor attitude to have for a band you like. How do you think I found out who Voivod was? If I had never seen their videos, I would have never bought tapes and CDs. How else was I supposed to her of them? If I had never heard of them would have never thought to type Voivod into that little rectangle thingy up there. If I had not done that...there would have been a slim chance that I would have known they even put out another album. If you have something against one of the songs...why even worry about it? A DVD would sell less copies then the CD. Thats just general common sense and I hope that Ozzfest gives them some recognition but I don't think it would hurt to have something else to call to attention to their name and if they play early people might make a note to get there early enough to check them out, because Ozzfest can be exhausting all depending on the location and if I get to go I will get there early this time, but I won't stick around for the last shows. I've seen Ozzy before and I hate it but there is just no way I'm gonna make myself sick from the heat here in the south. I think it is important to strive for more recognition, but that is just my opinion. Alot of people don't stick around for Ozzy everytime anyway because of parking and the fact they see him every year because they are regulars and as for the main bands playing before Ozzy...been there done that. I certainly wouldn't go if it weren't for Voivod. Voivod is something different this year and people should hear them by whatever means possible.

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted May 09, 2003 17:37     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I thrid that, h.

God Bless Jason Newsted. Really. What he's doing is every right-minded ultra-fan's dream if he got to be a millionare.

"If I had a million pounds I would join Voivod and pay for them to make a cool album and I would also join Ozzy just so they could play to 100,000's people.

Cor, it makes my heart go all gooey just thinking about it.

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted May 09, 2003 17:56     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hell yeah, Jason is cool and if ive said anything bad, i recant it. but some posts ive made about lars and james, were just about them really.

As for a second video, after i first heard the cd, and the first few listens, i thought (Real Again) would make a catchy one, although i do think divine sun would be good. I want to see a dvd too, but that may come after ozzfest and 'europe, if thats in the works. What VoiVod needs is airplay and marketing. Just like all the other music on the radio nowadays, its the radio and tv that tell people what they like and what to buy.

Puzzled
VoivodFan
Member # 294

posted May 09, 2003 18:35     Profile for Puzzled   Email Puzzled     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
So far, Invisible Planet is the song that hit me the hardest on the first listen. I can't explain it. Its interestingly paced, steadily suspensful and heavily intense. I think The Multiverse and Divine Sun would make intense videos as well. Alot of the songs would. I think Facing Up would also make a great video if alot of people recognized the name. I think it would be a great follow up. The reason I mention Les cigares Volants is because it seems like a cool song they could get out there real quick to have more than one video at the present time while all this touring is going on. Fuck. I don't know. It was just a thought.
Puzzled
VoivodFan
Member # 294

posted May 09, 2003 18:56     Profile for Puzzled   Email Puzzled     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
IF..they ever did a video for Les cigares Volants...you know what else I think would be cool to stick in there?

LIVE FOOTAGE.

It would go great with that song...all chaotic like...with some artwork maybe.

First Iron Maiden video I ever saw...Wasted Years. Will never forget it. One of my favorites.

edit...Not that they were actually at a show but I'm sure most get my point.

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted May 09, 2003 18:57     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah. I saw Metallica in Göteborg here in Sweden a long time ago, i think it was the Bluckalbum tour. And he was the one that rocked the hardest by a wide margin.
I just hope they will get their asses over here and give me a good reason to go to London for a Guinessfestival with some of the people from this place.

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted May 12, 2003 05:06     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Vroom:
I just hope they will get their asses over here and give me a good reason to go to London for a Guinessfestival with some of the people from this place.

Count me in for that Vroomer!

Helldriver
VoivodFan
Member # 46

posted May 13, 2003 08:40     Profile for Helldriver   Email Helldriver     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well (for what I know) Jason is a really nice guy.
He revived my almost dying most favourite band.
He sent gift to the most active fans (The promo and the Iron Gang package).
He try to expose Voivod to the large audience possible to gain the credit they deserve.
And, I'm not a musician, but I like very much how He plays the bass in this album (I heard some Flotsam back in the days but I didn't remember how He played and I stopped to listen to Metallica when He joined), I think He replaced Blacky successfully.

I hope to be able to thanks Him personally (for what it may value) and I'm very glad that some of you made some apologize for some past opinions.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan