my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » I just saw Voi Vod live - yeah buddy!!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I just saw Voi Vod live - yeah buddy!!
Pantherboy
Junior VoivodFan
Member # 309

posted May 08, 2003 18:27     Profile for Pantherboy   Email Pantherboy     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
They split the bill with Sepultura (or a remnant of Sepultura) in Milwaukee at the Rave (worst live sound in 3 states). The band was on fire and they looked very comfortable and happy. The crowd went nuts for them and I saw old fans and new fans alike singing along to old classics (2 each from "Angel Rat" and "Nothingface", and they opened with "Voi Vod"!). Jason looks like he's finally in the right place - he sounded great and seemed to be more expressive than he was with Metallibunk. And you MUST see Piggy's new guitar - it's made entirely of metal tubing (except for the neck, of course) with Nasa stickers on it.

Beg, borrow, steal, make a long road trip, but go see them. You won't be sorry.

|  IP: Logged
spudboy
VoivodFan
Member # 78

posted May 08, 2003 23:02     Profile for spudboy   Email spudboy     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I agree about the sound at The Rave...it was much too echoy. The acoustics were much better the night before in Chicago.

There are some pictures from the Milwaukee show posted on The Rave's website:

http://www.therave.com/gallery-1233.asp

Looking forward to Cleveland on Tuesday....the last of 3 shows for me on this tour.

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted May 09, 2003 09:15     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Lots of great pics on this link! The GWAR gallery is cool. There's even Nick Carter in there! ROCK OOOOOOON! (whatever)

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan