my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Greetings to All!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Greetings to All!
tomsawyer
VoivodFan
Member # 306

posted May 06, 2003 12:37     Profile for tomsawyer   Email tomsawyer     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I wanted to say hello to all of you. I am a huge Voivod fan and am so glad I have a place to speak with others. The girl in my office says if I use the word Voivod, Morgoth, or Multiverse in a sentence again she will bash in my skull with a ballpeen hammer.

so that's it for me. I am looking forward to posting my useless opinion on these threads.

Thanks

Tom

|  IP: Logged
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted May 06, 2003 12:46     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Welcome aboard!

Always good to have new Voivod fans posting on here.
You have arrived at the BEST Voivod Forum.
Be sure to check out the Downloads section for cool stuff.

Cheers!

tomsawyer
VoivodFan
Member # 306

posted May 06, 2003 13:08     Profile for tomsawyer   Email tomsawyer     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I loved the Dallas story you posted. I am going to the show in Old Bridge NJ on the 16th. I can't wait. I will let you know how it goes.

I have a freind working the security at the club that night. He says he may get me in to meet with them.

Hopefully......

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted May 06, 2003 13:12     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
We're not alone... we're not alone... welcome aboard! welcome aboard!

Is your nick a reference to a certain Rush song?

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted May 06, 2003 13:36     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Welcome to the funny farm.
Maldoror, if he is, the man sure has taste.

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted May 06, 2003 13:53     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tomsawyer:
I am looking forward to posting my useless opinion on these threads.

Welcome and that is definitely the kind of attitude we like around here!!

As for getting in to meet them, I'm pretty sure they will be hanging out before and after their set so it probably won't be a problem to tell them that they are "the most".

Hey Kula, don't even start on the Rush bit

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted May 06, 2003 14:25     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
RUSH? Who is that?
Could that be the band that had the wonderfull and brilliant TERRY BROWN as Producer?

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted May 06, 2003 15:17     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Brownization of Voivod? Angel Fart? And the legendary puffy shirt?

Speaking of the later, here's something related that brought back memories: http://www.tvtome.com/tvtome/servlet/GuidePageServlet/showid-112/epid-2306/

tomsawyer
VoivodFan
Member # 306

posted May 06, 2003 16:49     Profile for tomsawyer   Email tomsawyer     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I would love to tell you I came up with my name on my own. However, it happens to be my real name. Thomas Benjamin Sawyer if you must know.

Let me see. The #1 question asked usually is (drum roll)............

Where's Huck?

My answer ranges from who is asking, but my favorite is, "He just called me from your girlfriend's house, said something about a bottle of wine, some cool whip, a german shepard, and building a web site. You do the math."

#2 Most popular I can't answer normally.

"Have you heard that song?! Dude I love Rush!"

This always follows with a "da da da daa, You Know his mind is not for rent! da da da daa!" I have to stand there grinning saying, "yeah, good song.ha ha dick."

needless to say being a jewish kid named Tom Sawyer and having my sarcasm, I got the shit beat out of me often.

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted May 06, 2003 17:26     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You're jewish? You gotta meet a real good friend of mine. His name is Prozak.

BTW, welcome aboard! And bring all of your opinions with you!

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted May 06, 2003 22:52     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hello tomsawyer, that is a cool name to have.

"Welcome aboard"

please fasten you saftey belt, this ride gets alittle turbulent at times.

Amalthea
VoivodFan
Member # 301

posted May 07, 2003 03:11     Profile for Amalthea   Email Amalthea     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi Tom, welcome to the board.

I'm new here as well, but so far everyone seems quite cool and we cover many states and a few countries.

Are you a long-time Voivod fan and have you seen them live before?

Helldriver
VoivodFan
Member # 46

posted May 07, 2003 08:45     Profile for Helldriver   Email Helldriver     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Welcome to all the new member, you'll love this forum!
tomsawyer
VoivodFan
Member # 306

posted May 07, 2003 08:46     Profile for tomsawyer   Email tomsawyer     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks for the welcome from everyone.

I have seen them 4 times,

1. w/Celtic Frost - 1986 RRRROOOOAAAARRRR TOUR - L'AMOURS BKLYN NY

2. w/Kreator - 1987 Tournado (KT TOUR) - L'AMOURS BKLYN NY

3. w/A bunch of bands-I think Death Angel and the Exploited were two of them. In 88' at the Ritz in NY. Destruction was supposed to be there and cancelled.

4. w/Faith No More/Soundgarden - 1990 Some club in Boston. I think it was the Rat Skeller, but don't quote me.

All were great shows. I couldn't really appreciate their music until I saw them live.

I never got into the "Eric era" stuff and am looking forward to seeing them again.

The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted May 07, 2003 09:23     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:

2. w/Kreator - 1987 Tournado (KT TOUR) - L'AMOURS BKLYN NY

3. w/A bunch of bands-I think Death Angel and the Exploited were two of them. In 88' at the Ritz in NY. Destruction was supposed to be there and cancelled.

2. from what I heard, it must have been another cool show to be at...

3. was it the show from 12/23/88 at the Ritz? the Cro Mags were also on the bill, weren't they?

oh, and btw. welcome aboard Tom!!!

tomsawyer
VoivodFan
Member # 306

posted May 07, 2003 10:23     Profile for tomsawyer   Email tomsawyer     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think they were. I was sooooooo fucked up at that show. Jesus could have played for all I know. I half remember it to be honest.
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted May 09, 2003 20:54     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Tom, hello and welcome. I would encourage you to check out the thread about the VVF House band, The Great Transatlantic Sister Exchange who's members, myself included, post here often. We've finished the new album and currently I'm writing a "tell-all" about life on the road with the Exchange. Well, I'm not really writing it, I'm having some lady up in Canada do it but as much as I'm paying her I bought the right to say I wrote it. So a lot of excitement is stirring in the world of Sister Exchange right now.

SisterExchange

Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey
VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted May 09, 2003 21:26     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
4. w/Faith No More/Soundgarden - 1990 Some club in Boston. I think it was the Rat Skeller, but don't quote me.

I was at that show - it was at the Paradise. The mp3s for that show are pretty widely available online, actually. In fact, I donated them a long time ago to what is now www.voivod.net. Good recordings, too.

Underbrain
VoivodFan
Member # 183

posted May 09, 2003 22:54     Profile for Underbrain   Email Underbrain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Welcome Tom! You're a nut!

- Underbrain
(who dosen't post much but reads all the time)

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted May 12, 2003 13:59     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:

I don't think it could have been the Rathskeller, that club is pretty small from what I remember. That's cool that you saw the tour on the FNM part of it. There's a video of the Ritz show, I wonder if you would be able to find yourself in the footage.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan