my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Voivod Warhead Detonates in Houston!!!!!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Voivod Warhead Detonates in Houston!!!!!
neutronboy2000
VoivodFan
Member # 71

posted May 06, 2003 00:49     Profile for neutronboy2000   Email neutronboy2000     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
...This day had finally come!!! I get to the venue about 2hrs early to meet a friend and bring some gifts to the band(t-shirts-Man or Astroman for Piggy/A Gigantor shirt for Snake/A cartoon of a Brain for Away along with a "The Day The Earth Stood Still" movie poster and one for Jason).I see the "Reptilian One"(Snake) and Away in the parking lot signing some vinyl albums and I ask if I can do a pre-show interview and Snake said after their dinner break.My friend was hungry so I went to get drinks and a bite to eat.I missed them when I came back.It was almost 8:30 and some opening band was playing.I passed on seeing them cuz I wanted to do the int. and I waited outside.Finally Snake comes outside and he agrees to do one after the show,now my hopes of getting a int were dimming.Then Voivod came on stage,preceded by a "intro" version of "California Dream" with some echoes.Then, they come out with "Voivod" to which me and my friend scream out the lyrics...Yeah! The power went out during the 2nd song,"Rebel Robot". Snake shrugged his shoulders and apologized.He kept a good attitude about it and Jason went out on the floor.My friend pointed him out to me and I asked him what happened. He mentioned something about a head on the equipment going out and after he sees my Voivod Lives shirt,we briefly chat about Voivod history.After 20min,they get back and redo the song.Snake was in fine form,getting goofy and excited with the crowd,like a fan onstage.He took pictures of the crowd! Piggy's guitar looked freaky(same one in the video).They ended with "Domine" and I was pleased! Frankly,the newer tracks sound better live.Still determined to get an int,I asked Jasonic if I could do one later and he was up for it.Me and my friend decide to leave the club to find Voivod.I ran into their manager and asked him(no I didn't pester him) and he ws cool about it.I went back in the club before Sepultura came on and ran into Piggy and told him that it's been nearly 7yrs since I saw them.He smiled and said"Thanks for coming back!" and left.I spoke to Michel again and told him that I 'd like to do an int.and he was cool.I thanked Snake at the bar area and left cuz he was talking with a lady.I saw Sepultura and I was not into it(only there for "Vod)and Jason came onstage for 2-3 songs,playing guitar.After the show,I bought two shirts,the "alien" one and the one with the bad album cover.I talked for a bit with the merch guy,Chris who was cool to talk to and I asked how the tour was going.Outside,a few people were taking pictures /getting autographs from Jason.I asked him and he said he could give me 10min--It was really good talking with him,he's a regular guy who seems to be very much into music.I couldn't find Piggy or Snake but I got a really good interview with the mad scientist himself,Away. He was very polite and fun to talk to,he had to go for a bit(called by the driver) and returned.He even apologized for having to go at the time and the interview was around 25-34min.I thanked him for his time/told him about the gifts and my friend got his picture signed and it was time to go home and rest and recuperate from a totally incredible evening.The interviews with Jasonic and Away will appear on the Voivod websites/Chophouse merch guy Chris asked for a copy in the near future.I will begin transcribing this on Monday.
 |  IP: Logged
Regular Joe
Junior VoivodFan
Member # 23

posted May 06, 2003 09:02     Profile for Regular Joe   Email Regular Joe     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Now this is another cool review!

I'd really like to hear/read the itws. you have made!

did they play the 80 minutes set that Away said they would?

the gift idea is so cool... how did they appreciate your presents?

nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted May 07, 2003 01:07     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You may be interested to know that Snake was wearing that Gigantor shirt the following night in Dallas. He sported a Voivod shirt onstage, but was wearing it after the show.
Amalthea
VoivodFan
Member # 301

posted May 07, 2003 03:17     Profile for Amalthea   Email Amalthea     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Snake took pictures of the crowd from onstage in San Antonio also. It really makes a great show when the band is just as excited to be there as the fans.

Does anyone know anything about Piggy's guitar? Is there an article or something that describes it somewhere?

Looking forward to reading your interview, Neutron.

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted May 07, 2003 05:27     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cool story Neutron!! We probably bumped elbows and don't even know it. Can't wait to hear what Jason and Away had to say. I would never be able to interview them, I would be like Chris Farley in that skit he used to do, "The Chris Farley Show". He would have famous people on there that he admired so much that he coldn't ever say the right things and would hit himself and say how much of an idiot he is LOL!
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted May 07, 2003 07:30     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hahaha! Funny, Nuc Inf!

Yes...it is good to see all these Reviews.
Cant wait for more to be posted as the Band moves on down the road.

Amalthea
VoivodFan
Member # 301

posted May 08, 2003 00:58     Profile for Amalthea   Email Amalthea     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"....uhhh, remember that one time, when you played Brain Scan, and it was all loud, that was cool...."
Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted May 08, 2003 08:18     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"... t'was AWESOME!"
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted May 08, 2003 10:42     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
LOL
Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted May 08, 2003 11:01     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I was going to write something like that! LOL

That's hilarious. Thanx Warcorpse !!!

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted May 09, 2003 23:18     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
HAHAHA!!! That's a riot, 'corpse!! TFF (too fu*king funny)!
Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted May 09, 2003 23:35     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That fucking RULED, man.
I was just watching the Chris Farley biography on cable the other day.

Damn, I miss that guy.

Cthon
Member # 156

posted May 10, 2003 00:34     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
warcorpse, thats INTENSE!!!! haha.
RIFLEFIST
VoivodFan
Member # 180

posted May 10, 2003 01:48     Profile for RIFLEFIST   Email RIFLEFIST     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Indeed, sheer brilliance.
Iron Noggin
VoivodFan
Member # 310

posted May 10, 2003 18:34     Profile for Iron Noggin   Email Iron Noggin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
neutronboy2000, were you the guy with the short dreads talking to Jason about adapting the bass sound for Voivod? I heard a portion of that interview, you did a damn fine job, man!

Yeah, i remember the chick talking to snake, she was a transplanted Quebec native and spoke French, that's why she had his attention all night, and yes, she was good God almighty HOT!

but i got a chance to talk to all the guys for a period too, especially Piggy and Away inside the club, mainly because they were in awe over me still wearing my Dimension Hatross shirt i still had originally from their Houston show at The Axiom in 1988, and Away stated that it was the lasted piece of artwork he drew and painted by hand, everything after has been via computer, and we talked about the programs he uses (just Paintshop, just with a custom USB art pen and board for the majority of his ideas) and he uses a MAC instead of anything with Windows...

Voivod always were and still are the coolest band i have ever met...Cheers guys!

neutronboy2000
VoivodFan
Member # 71

posted May 10, 2003 21:02     Profile for neutronboy2000   Email neutronboy2000     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks to all who took time to check out my review and here's answers to the following-Regular Joe-Their set wasn't quite 80min...more like 69 or 70min worth of stuff.I was yelling for the classics when Snake asked the crowd,So what do you guys want to hear?" I mentioned to Snake and Piggy that I had gifts and they smiled.When I talked to Jasonic,I told him I had a "FORBIDDEN PLANET" poster for him and he smiled.I had a weird "Brain" cartoon shirt for Michel and he seemed very pleased that I also got him a "The Day The Earth Stood Still" poster.It was really cool doing the int.with him...he mentioned something about the vacu-vampire story...We talked about weird sci-fi stuff...this int will be pretty good!To Nothingface-You saw Snake wearing the Gigantor shirt...fuckin' cool,they got my stuff! Did anybody take pictures of him? Did you happen to see if Piggy was wearing a Man or Astro-Man shirt? Or Away with a weird "Brain" cartoon shirt? To Amalthea-I will start to transcribe these interviews later this week.I'll let you guys know when it's done.To Iron Noggin,yes that was me talking to Jasonic outside...he was really cool to talk to and gave me his complete attention even though there were people who were waiting for autographs...that was nice of him to do that and I 'm glad nobody got rude or nasty since they were waiting on me.To Nuclear Infusion,my buddy OrangeRobert put a review/setlist info in the VOIVOD.NET forum.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan