my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Drowning Pool

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Drowning Pool
Puzzled
VoivodFan
Member # 294

posted May 04, 2003 00:31     Profile for Puzzled   Email Puzzled     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1457028/20020814/drowning_pool.jhtml?headlines=true

This article says the cause of death was undetermined. Is that still the case? Has anyone heard anything else about it? It also says they got bumped up to main stage throughout the tour. I'm not sure if I am looking at the dates right, I know he died last year...Am I to understand that we would have been seeing them this year at Ozzfest had this not happened?

|  IP: Logged
nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted May 04, 2003 01:22     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What's a Drowning Pool?

Who died?

What?

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted May 04, 2003 01:38     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Im guess someone forgot to tell him that you are supposed to get famous,
and then die.

Puzzled
VoivodFan
Member # 294

posted May 04, 2003 01:39     Profile for Puzzled   Email Puzzled     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Drowning Pool is/was a band and the lead singer was found dead on their tour bus last year, but the article says the cause of death was not determined...which I thought was strange because maybe he had drugs in his system and possibly has been speculation, but as far as I know, has not been declared the cause of death.
Puzzled
VoivodFan
Member # 294

posted May 04, 2003 01:42     Profile for Puzzled   Email Puzzled     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tangento:
Im guess someone forgot to tell him that you are supposed to get famous,
and then die.

Well, it was obviously thought that they would have been famous. Read the article.

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted May 04, 2003 01:56     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Actually i was at that ozzfest, and remember hearing about it all day before the show. the radio around here said it was drug related and mabye needles or speed of some type.

OZZY for PRESIDENT !

Puzzled
VoivodFan
Member # 294

posted May 04, 2003 02:00     Profile for Puzzled   Email Puzzled     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hatross:
Actually i was at that ozzfest, and remember hearing about it all day before the show. the radio around here said it was drug related and mabye needles or speed of some type.

OZZY for PRESIDENT !

Perhaps it was...possibly a mixture of such things.

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted May 04, 2003 02:16     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
mtv article

heres another article, and theres more at the drowning pool site.

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted May 04, 2003 02:20     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Puzzled:

Well, it was obviously thought that they would have been famous. Read the article.

Yeah, and now I remember seeing the video a while back.
The guy reminded me alot of my best friend, and it sounds like
he was probably a decent fellow.

I hereby retract my insensitive statement.

Puzzled
VoivodFan
Member # 294

posted May 04, 2003 03:08     Profile for Puzzled   Email Puzzled     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hatross:
mtv article

heres another article, and theres more at the drowning pool site.

Wow. Kinda hard to believe that man had a bad heart. I wonder what causes the disease.

Puzzled
VoivodFan
Member # 294

posted May 04, 2003 16:51     Profile for Puzzled   Email Puzzled     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gorf:
Is this dated?
He died of alcohol and drugs.
Whats the mystery?

Well, I don't know if that link is legit but the second one says that he had a heart condition and that is what killed him.

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted May 04, 2003 17:01     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The probable cause of his death is more than likely "idiocy" mixed with being a typical "lame" nu-metal singer in a shitty band.

I'm not "sensitive" when it comes to things that are preventable in the first place, namely: his death (if by drugs/alcohol) and being in a shitty band.

Puzzled
VoivodFan
Member # 294

posted May 04, 2003 17:14     Profile for Puzzled   Email Puzzled     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BCoD:
The probable cause of his death is more than likely "idiocy" mixed with being a typical "lame" nu-metal singer in a shitty band.

I'm not "sensitive" when it comes to things that are preventable in the first place, namely: his death (if by drugs/alcohol) and being in a shitty band.

It seems as though there has not been one article I have read yet that says he died from drugs and alcohol. That was my whole point of making this thread because it seems that is what is believed by most. Again...Acccording to a few articles I just read, they say he died of natural causes...a heart condition that I have never heard of, which cause is unknown at the age of 30.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan