my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » New Album Sales...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: New Album Sales...
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted May 02, 2003 11:31     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
According to Metal-Sludge.com, who just ran their latest report on Soundscan, the new Voivod album sold 10,047 units in the U.S. so far. Not bad, considering Phobos sold like 3,000 units.
 |  IP: Logged
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted May 02, 2003 11:35     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hopefully the situation will improve with the Ozzfest.
Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted May 02, 2003 12:05     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
How about Canadians figures? Anything?
Jeffrey
VoivodFan
Member # 132

posted May 02, 2003 13:36     Profile for Jeffrey   Email Jeffrey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Voivod is in 44th place on the canadian metal charts of the week.
http://www.canoe.ca/JamMusicCharts/METAL.html

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted May 02, 2003 13:41     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
OMG! Some of those albums are over 10 years old! Half of them aren't Metal at all, but very interesting. Thanks for the link!
Ozzfest will totally boost sales. There's no doubt about it. Every band that's ever been on that tour has seen an increase in sales.

NightSod
VoivodFan
Member # 133

posted June 18, 2003 10:26     Profile for NightSod   Email NightSod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Any update on the worldwide figures yet?
I wouldn't know where to start looking.

I hope all is well for the album...

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted June 18, 2003 15:10     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skulhed:
...considering Phobos sold like 3,000 units.

That means there are at least several hundred thousand metalheads out in the States who still are missing a truly classic record! What a pity. IMO Phobos deserves a place among the top 5 metal records of the nineties easily, so those sales figures are really unbelievable. If only there had been a proper advertising campaign available at the time... I hope "Voivod" will sell at least a few tens of thousand units more.

Mind Running Slow
VoivodFan
Member # 331

posted June 19, 2003 02:46     Profile for Mind Running Slow   Email Mind Running Slow     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I definetly think the Ozzfest will help sales, but ultimately I don't believe VOIVOD will ever break out of the 'underground' like Metallica did in 1988-89. I think the best metal albums ever were made by bands who were angry and poor, not rich and complacent.
Syl Disjonk
VoivodFan
Member # 148

posted June 19, 2003 11:46     Profile for Syl Disjonk   Email Syl Disjonk     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Megadeth failed at this game. It's a double edge sword, you loose the core of your fan and gain some kid that leave you for the next trend. I wish that Voivod will regain the level of popularity they got in the Nothingface days. Enought to headline a small tour maybe like Strapping Young Lad will be fine.
Psilobot
VoivodFan
Member # 330

posted June 19, 2003 16:23     Profile for Psilobot   Email Psilobot     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Who will ever know?
I mean, those guys are doing their thing for around 20 yrs now and that alone got them our respect, let alone the great and incomparable music they created. As much as they deserve it, I don't want them to get well known just because Jzn is in the band. To be honest, I'd prefer to see them playing bar shows forever, so I can see them from up close and get my records signed... Seriously, they deserve every bit of success they can get as long as they get it for who they are and not for who's in the band! I'll never forget the great shows they played in every line up yet or the excitement of hearing the debut after the demos, the track (from the demo) on Metal Massacre...etc. This band was, is and will always be a part of my life!

Killiair
Junior VoivodFan
Member # 267

posted June 20, 2003 00:59     Profile for Killiair   Email Killiair     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Did you read the early Voivod stuff in the book SOUND OF THE BEAST?
Mr Eddy
VoivodFan
Member # 302

posted June 20, 2003 02:57     Profile for Mr Eddy   Email Mr Eddy     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It also bothers me that Voïvod may get some recognition now only because of the addition of Newsted, even though we should thank the guy for financing the new CD and injecting some new blood in the band.
I really think he is doing it for the music and it's not easy to dissociate his image from McTallica.

And still speaking of album sales, do any of you know how many copies did VV sell (per record) while under contract with MCA? I only know that "Nothingface" is their best selling album, but I have no idea on numbers...

Syl Disjonk
VoivodFan
Member # 148

posted June 20, 2003 13:18     Profile for Syl Disjonk   Email Syl Disjonk     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Killiar what is written about Voivod in the book sound of the beast ?
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted July 16, 2003 10:41     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by warcorpse:
Latest rumor from sources tells that Voivod has sold 20,000 copies of the new CD which is about 130,000 less than they should have sold. They spent about $300,000 on making the record.

Are these numbers worldwide or US only?

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted July 16, 2003 11:13     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This is why I'm asking:

quote:
VOIVOD Singer: 'Get Well Soon, OZZY!' - July 16, 2003

VOIVOD singer Snake (a.k.a. Denis Belanger) has posted the following message to the band's official web site:

"Hello everyone. Here's to resume the last few days. Great show yesterday in San Francisco. But the show in San Bernardino was the best so far at Ozzfest. We played so tight. A lot of smog in the valley though. People were moshing in circle the way through. It created a huge twister of dust that was blown by the wind. Very special. Yesterday we got some selling report and it seems like the Ozzfest is really helping the record. I'm not gonna complain about that. Everywhere we go there is a great response which is fantastic. We are here in Sacramento and we are ready to rock. This is the last gig in California. I would like to thank the west coast people for your support and affection. For the band, the only bad news on this day is that Ozzy cancelled. Get well soon, Ozzy! We all need you!"

Really hope these news are the truth!

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted July 16, 2003 17:13     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by warcorpse:
They spent about $300,000 on making the record.

You mean Jasonic did. God bless that man!

piggysMYgod
VoivodFan
Member # 158

posted July 17, 2003 17:26     Profile for piggysMYgod   Email piggysMYgod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Syl Disjonk:
Megadeth failed at this game. It's a double edge sword, you loose the core of your fan and gain some kid that leave you for the next trend. I wish that Voivod will regain the level of popularity they got in the Nothingface days. Enought to headline a small tour maybe like Strapping Young Lad will be fine.

well said!!

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan