my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Where is the "Favorite songs on the new CD" thread?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Where is the "Favorite songs on the new CD" thread?
Puzzled
VoivodFan
Member # 294

posted May 01, 2003 21:15     Profile for Puzzled   Email Puzzled     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I know it has to be around here somewhere.
 |  IP: Logged
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted May 01, 2003 21:16     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My favourite is the instrumental track.
Puzzled
VoivodFan
Member # 294

posted May 01, 2003 21:25     Profile for Puzzled   Email Puzzled     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Noitall:
My favourite is the instrumental track.

There is one? I didn't know. There are three songs I haven't heard yet...so untill then I can't safely say and even then, I might not be able to.

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted May 02, 2003 09:00     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Man, Divine Sun rocks.
Cthon
Member # 156

posted May 02, 2003 21:17     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
im all about "Facing Up"...awesome.
Puzzled
VoivodFan
Member # 294

posted May 02, 2003 21:19     Profile for Puzzled   Email Puzzled     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hexonxonx:
LOL Nia I second that one! And no Puzzled, that's the whole point, there's none. We're VoivodHaters, remember?

I don't get it.

Ne0rC
VoivodFan
Member # 163

posted May 02, 2003 23:30     Profile for Ne0rC   Email Ne0rC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Bonus Track! or Real Again?
Puzzled
VoivodFan
Member # 294

posted May 03, 2003 01:53     Profile for Puzzled   Email Puzzled     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I just can't decide. I think they should maybe make a video of Les Cigares Volants one day because is it a cool song. They could make it really weird without hitting too much on the Voivod story...because they could save that for later. I think they could make alot of other cool videos too, but maybe that would take more money....who knows? I dunno....I'm about drunk anyway. I just think they could make a weird relively cheap video out of that song in a short period of time...As far as long drawn out expensive videos are concerned...oh shit not let myself get started on that. Divine Sun or Invisable planet would be great or maybe a few others Haha...but that would be so involved...I don't know what I'm talking about. Maybe it would be good to touch on a story.
Puzzled
VoivodFan
Member # 294

posted May 03, 2003 01:56     Profile for Puzzled   Email Puzzled     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think Facing up...would also be good as a video, but not too early...I don't know...thats a good one too to consider.

I think I don't wanna wake up could go in that catagory as well.

Puzzled
VoivodFan
Member # 294

posted May 03, 2003 02:06     Profile for Puzzled   Email Puzzled     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't know Rebel Robot is pretty cool as far as story involved shit goes....hmmm...so is the multiverse...thats a kicker, but how would it be perceived without former videos. I don't know the story or the song placements but it seems climatic for some reason to me. It would be a cool video too though. Why am I talking about videos. I must be drunk already.
Puzzled
VoivodFan
Member # 294

posted May 03, 2003 02:11     Profile for Puzzled   Email Puzzled     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ok, ok....Les Cigares Volants *could be* considers as cool and nonpersuasive and then Facing Up seems to be abit more deep and speaking universally and a good overall aproach, but then again...so is Rebel Robot. Damn...I need to quit drinking.
Puzzled
VoivodFan
Member # 294

posted May 03, 2003 02:56     Profile for Puzzled   Email Puzzled     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ok....One last post...I'm listening to Divine sun...What am I thinking? I really like this song, but maybe its for the audiance who knows about Voivod abit better. Its abit dreamy and rich with notorious Voivod melody and weird sounds. Ok...now...Invisable planet. I think this a great introductory song. It grabs you from the begining, but is thick with storyline. It is fit for dynamic visuals. This is one of my favorites because it is momment by momment...again...worthy of visuals. Ok...now I'm hearing I don't wanna wake up. I think this song would grab a few people. It starts kinda shady and drives into alot of melody and hooks but is probably most appreciative for the voivod fan who might understand it most. Now Les Cigares Volants....Cool beat, cool rythem picks up. Oh and....what be they talking about anyway? Now it takes off...cool song. Really...add some weird fucking footage. Lots of people smoke out, everybody loves a good UFO. Reinstate Voivod in their punk roots. I like that song...ok...now...Real again. Starts good. It has breaks of a lighthearted genre and seems like a personal song that maybe some won't understand. I like the lyrics but the casual listener won't hear them. Now the multiverse...I think I already explained this. Its climaic and suspensful...most worthy of dynamic visuals. A very important song...what it could visually portray. Its crazy...minute by minute. Its a key song, but wants to run the mind rampant with ideas that couldn't be contained within one video. I dig that song. Now...Facing up...Great overall introduction. Very rythmic, goes straight into heartfelt lyrics. Grabbing lyrics...but IMO...is for the experianced Voivod listener...Does that make sense. Who is Voivod? Alot of people don't know and may not understand how to take the lyrics and apply it to music they have never heard...so as, not to understand. Ok...I'm going to go listen to the songs online and add them to my speculations...as if they really matter. Oh well, who cares? I'm buzzin'
Puzzled
VoivodFan
Member # 294

posted May 03, 2003 03:32     Profile for Puzzled   Email Puzzled     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ok....Before I ramble about those songs, I will first say that they have been practically prereleased, which is fine, but even upon getting a better copy, I will never hear them the same...not that I don't like them, certainly not. They have just exceeded some boundaries that even upon a new copy...will not change. That is not to say that it lessens their quality it just changes things overall. Its not so much the copy as it is the release date and nubility of those songs as they once were that might have been lost and should therefore be aproached in a very different manner...as chrysanthemums in fall...therefore I am in no state to talk about such as I am drunk.
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted May 03, 2003 06:10     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
MULTIVERSE - If I could only pick one.
Gorf
VoivodFan
Member # 119

posted May 03, 2003 10:56     Profile for Gorf   Email Gorf     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I personally like the spaces between the songs. Since I have short-term and long-term memory loss, its always exciting anticipating what the next song is going to be or if its one I like. Last night I was like "Hmmmm. What's next, Freedoom or Angel Rat?" Then I realize,
"Hey, thats on another album, isn't it?"

Life is so exciting.

code
VoivodFan
Member # 192

posted May 03, 2003 11:42     Profile for code   Email code     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think the best ones on the new album are:

Invisible planet
Divine sun
Gasmask revival
Strange and ironic

Great songs all of em.

cya all

Fireface
VoivodFan
Member # 51

posted May 03, 2003 14:29     Profile for Fireface   Email Fireface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by warcorpse:
multiverse

Most definitely...

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted May 03, 2003 15:55     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i like every song on the new cd, topics like these have to be so damn hard because you cant choose just one. Even the arrangement of the songs on the cd are good too, each one ends and bleeds into the next just right. Alot of times i will make a cd mix for the car or for a pal and put certain tunes infront, but i always make sure its a good mix by how each song ends and the next one begins.

Puzz. i see where your coming from about the video/visuals. but thats another story or more like a quadruple-sided sword, and there can be so many prespectives to each tune. However i dont want to run off too deep into visuals, because i suck at doing B sides and there is always C&D side too

Good ole' radiation
"Divine Sun"
like a million pixels bursting in my eyes

disneysdreamdebased
VoivodFan
Member # 304

posted May 03, 2003 19:24     Profile for disneysdreamdebased   Email disneysdreamdebased     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My favourite tracks from the new CD are:

Divine Sun/Invisible Planet/The Multiverse/Blame us/Gasmask revival.

Now i/we've had a chance to digest this record i honestly feel that it TOTALLY stands up to their previous albums..

All my voivod stuff is 100's of miles away and upon buying the new one i was dying to listen to some of the old records...
I came across cheap copies of KT/DH/AR/NF so i re-bought them and i must admit i was expecting them to really show up the new album..y'know maybe i was just blown away that they had done a new album with Snake on vocals (A huge part of the band IMHO)and maybe it wasn't REALLY "THAT" good.

But i played "Voivod" straight after the above set of releases and it felt really strong.. different, but still a solid release COOL!

I consider myself hyper-critical of music/bands i like and there is NOTHING worse than one of your favourite bands returning with a release that is just obviously inferior to their earlier work.

I'm delighted Voivod does not fall in this catergory!

Puzzled
VoivodFan
Member # 294

posted May 03, 2003 19:52     Profile for Puzzled   Email Puzzled     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by disneysdreamdebased:
My favourite tracks from the new CD are:

Divine Sun/Invisible Planet/The Multiverse/Blame us/Gasmask revival.

Now i/we've had a chance to digest this record i honestly feel that it TOTALLY stands up to their previous albums..

All my voivod stuff is 100's of miles away and upon buying the new one i was dying to listen to some of the old records...
I came across cheap copies of KT/DH/AR/NF so i re-bought them and i must admit i was expecting them to really show up the new album..y'know maybe i was just blown away that they had done a new album with Snake on vocals (A huge part of the band IMHO)and maybe it wasn't REALLY "THAT" good.

But i played "Voivod" straight after the above set of releases and it felt really strong.. different, but still a solid release COOL!

I consider myself hyper-critical of music/bands i like and there is NOTHING worse than one of your favourite bands returning with a release that is just obviously inferior to their earlier work.

I'm delighted Voivod does not fall in this catergory!

I can't wait to get my hands on the whole thing. I agree. Its a great album...and I have a hangover from hell.

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted May 04, 2003 11:41     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Out of all the NEW songs they played live here in Dallas...'The Multiverse' was the one that totally blew me away.

VERY powerfull.
I think Voivod put a few more cracks in the walls of the building with that one.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan