my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Concert Last Night

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Concert Last Night
Amalthea
VoivodFan
Member # 301

posted May 01, 2003 02:56     Profile for Amalthea   Email Amalthea     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey everyone,

I've been checking out this site for a while but just now signed up. Just wanted to say that I went to the Voivod show last night in San Antonio, Texas and yes it kicked ass. It was so good to hear Snake again, and Jason just ripped through straight on. I was able to catch the band before the show outside at the venue. Jason and Snake did a few interviews for local press, and I got to meet Snake again after 10+ years and tell him how much he rules. I also gave him a hug and had some pictures taken.

The show was awesome, and Voivod will also be one of my favorite bands

|  IP: Logged
Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted May 01, 2003 03:24     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey to you too! Welcome aboard!

Consider yourself lucky because I haven't seen VV live ever . That's what you get when you live in the Outer Limits of this planet.

Amalthea
VoivodFan
Member # 301

posted May 01, 2003 03:36     Profile for Amalthea   Email Amalthea     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Never seen them live ever, V.? I'm so sorry about that. Where is this ends of the earth that you live? Morgoth....?

And I've always felt like Texas was past the outer limits....

Have you been able to hear any live recordings? I haven't looked into trading for VV before so I don't know how active it is. I'm a big trader for some other artists, though very non-Voivod music that I don't imagine many here would be interested in.

nell
VoivodFan
Member # 171

posted May 01, 2003 07:29     Profile for nell   Email nell     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi Amalthea!
It would be cool if you could post some of your photos as well when you have 'em!!

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted May 01, 2003 07:37     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hello Almathea, BTW, I like that name. Nice ring to it. There are some really great people on here including a couple of other Texans. One's name is King Kula. Please check the "Back from Iraqi Vacation" to learn more about him.
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted May 01, 2003 07:48     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi!
Watch out for Mezcalhead. He is from Georgia and the States only Voivod Fan.

Hey...
I thought that Voivod were playing HOUSTON last night.
Whats going on?
Am i confused again?

I will be seeing them tonight in Dallas.
Canyon Club. Have my Ticket & ready to go!

Cheers!

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted May 01, 2003 13:44     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Amalthea:
Never seen them live ever, V.? I'm so sorry about that. Where is this ends of the earth that you live? Morgoth....?

And I've always felt like Texas was past the outer limits....

Have you been able to hear any live recordings?

I live in southern Finland, we're Sweden's eastern neighbours. Morgoth can't be too far from here As far as I know VV hasn't been here ever, and last time they were in Sweden I missed them because I got the info about the gig the same day it took place - and that was during the Phobos tour in '97 or '98...if they appear anywhere near Scandinavia again I'll sell my wife and kids if I have to so I can get to see them!

I've got Voivod Lives, and i've also dl'd all the bootlegs available on the VV sites. VVFan is THE place for me because (at least so far ) I've had a chance to listen to rare VV stuff not available anyplace else even when I've got nothing to trade for it. *blows his nose and wipes a tear off the corner of his eye* No, really, for me this site is the only source of VV live stuff.
There happen to be a large bunch of very cool people posting here too, so what more can I ask for?

PS. may I ask where does your name come from? It sounds interesting.

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted May 01, 2003 14:33     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hold on V-man, let me do the flirting....

Really a beautiful name Almathea..its probably a latin root of something like Cthon(clever bastard)...

Foot
VoivodFan
Member # 60

posted May 01, 2003 15:44     Profile for Foot   Email Foot     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
For Mezcal:
Amalthea was the nymph who nursed the infant Zeus with goat's milk.

Puzzled
VoivodFan
Member # 294

posted May 01, 2003 22:03     Profile for Puzzled   Email Puzzled     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Amalthea:
Hey everyone,

I've been checking out this site for a while but just now signed up. Just wanted to say that I went to the Voivod show last night in San Antonio, Texas and yes it kicked ass. It was so good to hear Snake again, and Jason just ripped through straight on. I was able to catch the band before the show outside at the venue. Jason and Snake did a few interviews for local press, and I got to meet Snake again after 10+ years and tell him how much he rules. I also gave him a hug and had some pictures taken.

The show was awesome, and Voivod will also be one of my favorite bands

Everyone talks about how they get to meet Voivod...That is really weird. I have never heard of a band being so social. I bet Ozzfest will be nothing like that, which sucks because I want autographs.

Amalthea
VoivodFan
Member # 301

posted May 03, 2003 00:18     Profile for Amalthea   Email Amalthea     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My screen name comes from one of the innermost moons of Jupiter - it's small, uneven, and reddish. It seems to fit me because I'm short and my hair was colored red awhile back. Foot's mythology explanation is correct as well.

So I'm not the only Texan here. King Kula - the Voivod show was Tuesday the 29th here in San Antonio at the White Rabbit (grungy club on N. St. Mary's). The Canyon Club in Dallas - is that the place inside the Bronco Bowl?? I've seen a few shows at the auditorium at the Bronco and that place is kinda weird.

I don't know anyone from Finland, V. And I don't know the language at all. I remember liking a band from there in the late 80s - they were real young guys called Stone. Does anyone else remember them? I had their cassette tape...

Puzzled - I agree, Voivod is a very social band, they've always been really approachable and geniunely nice to their fans. I fist met them when I was like 13, then again a few years later and Blacky actually remembered me! Damn I had a huge crush on him.

Even as my taste in music has shifted, Voivod will always be one of my favorites because of who they are as a nice group of people.

My posts are so wordy....

Puzzled
VoivodFan
Member # 294

posted May 03, 2003 01:33     Profile for Puzzled   Email Puzzled     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Amalthea...I'm so jealous, because I know if I make it to Ozzfest I will not get the oppurtunity to meet them...OWWW! I'm so jealous! I can't stand it...(sorry I am a little buzzed)Thats cool you got to meet Snake though. Its cool that they are social, because alot of bands are not...although in some cases I understand why.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan