my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Song of the Day

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Song of the Day
Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted April 30, 2003 23:01     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"Technocratic Manipulators"

damn right ! i been jamming this one all day.

next..'

|  IP: Logged
Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted May 01, 2003 02:40     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Good choice! Does anybody know a cure for Divine Sun endlessly repeating in my head? It doesn't bother me much but I'd like to change the tune every now and then. I tried listening through KT at full volume five times, but all I got was a brief moment of Overreaction's beginning bassline lingering in my brain, then it was back to diamonds in the grass again. People outside VVF might recommend seeing a professional shrink, but lucky for me I knew better and came here for help.
nell
VoivodFan
Member # 171

posted May 01, 2003 07:40     Profile for nell   Email nell     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't think there is a cure. I listened to it (again) on my way to work this morning and I can't get that bass line in the chorus out of my head.

I have to say that's a mighty fine song. Mmmmm, Mnn! Tasty.

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted May 01, 2003 08:30     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Väinämöinen:
...all I got was a brief moment of Overreaction's beginning bassline lingering in my brain, then it was back to diamonds in the grass again.

Noticed that the "diamonds in the grass" is very similar to "the red grass up to my knees" at the begining of Freedoom? Two very similar songs.

And speaking of "red grass", anyone knows if Snake was inspired by the Boris Vian novel "L'Herbe rouge", which means "The Red Grass"?

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted May 01, 2003 08:58     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well they had a red lake where they grew up, so I guess the grass around it (assuming grass grew so close to that plant) would be red also.

My song of the day is Lost In Space. I will never tire of that riff that goes to : Only One Ow-wa Left/No to Much Ox-eeegen! Then into megaphone speak.

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted May 01, 2003 09:01     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Lost In Space? You probably mean the Forgotten Machine. Duh.

I've never seen the red lake... I'll have to go check that out on lunch time!

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted May 01, 2003 11:05     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have QOTSA's 'Go With the Flow' stuck in my head at the moment. Not that that's a bad thing though...
Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted May 01, 2003 11:57     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
aye thats the one. something in space anyway
space monger
VoivodFan
Member # 41

posted May 01, 2003 13:18     Profile for space monger   Email space monger     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have Godspeed You Black Emperor's middle section of "Sleep" stuck in my head. Because I was playing them recently after hearing they might be touring around my area later this year. I'll keep my fingers crossed!
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted May 02, 2003 12:23     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
SISTEMADOS PELO CRUCIFAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!
BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted May 08, 2003 20:56     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"I'm walking on sunshine"- Katrina and the Waves.
Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted May 09, 2003 07:09     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have screaming children in my head right now from the nursery two floors below my office. They're outside and they have a new climbing frame so, my god, its like a pre-school Halford competition.

I think that even a Justin Timberlake song would be better than listening to this.

tomsawyer
VoivodFan
Member # 306

posted May 09, 2003 08:53     Profile for tomsawyer   Email tomsawyer     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
macrosolutions to megaproblems.
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted May 09, 2003 10:53     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Entombed's To Ride, Shoot Straight And Speak The Truth.
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted May 09, 2003 11:02     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"Collapse Into Despair" by Confessor.
Listened to the album this morning and I've been blessed with the joy of having that stuck in my head. We'll bits of it anyway, 'cause I'm fucked if I can remember the whole song!!

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted May 09, 2003 12:33     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
'Shake your Booty' by KC & The Sunshine Band.

shake shake shake..do do do do do dooo
shake shake shake..do do do do do dooo
shake yer booty
shake yer booty

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted May 09, 2003 14:36     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Today's Song Of The Day is...

Helloween - Open Your Life from the fan-fucking-tastic album "Rabbit Don't Come Easy".

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted May 09, 2003 14:58     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"Collapse Into Despair" by Confessor and "Shake yur Booty". Only on Voivodfan!

As for myself, I have Facing Up playing in my head all the time. Those Sabbathish riffs are stuck in my brain for good!

Listened to PF's Dark Side of the Moon on my way to work this morning. First time I gave a complete listen to that album. I had "Time" in my head this morning, yet "Facing Up" is always coming back to the surface. Oï!

Layla's Dad
VoivodFan
Member # 48

posted May 09, 2003 16:12     Profile for Layla's Dad   Email Layla's Dad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's been "Given the Dog a Bone" by AC/DC for me. I'm not sure why. It's been a while since I spun BACK IN BLACK. I might as well do it now.
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted May 09, 2003 16:18     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nuclear Vampire:
Today's Song Of The Day is...
Helloween - Open Your Life from the fan-fucking-tastic album "Rabbit Don't Come Easy".

Hehe.. told ya it ruled. I like Sun For The World alot, too. Hell, the entire record is great (ok, except maybe "The Tune")

My tune for today (cuz for some reason i've been humming it all day long) is "Nettie", from the forthcoming Type O Negative album, Life Is Killing Me. Pete wrote it for his mother, so with Mother's Day and all, it makes sense.

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted May 09, 2003 16:25     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've been in a brutal period for a while here, so i'll go with: Dawn of the angry by Morbid Angel from their great Domination album. It's been on most of the day.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan