my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Token Stanley Cup playoffs related thread... (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: Token Stanley Cup playoffs related thread...
El Indio
VoivodFan
Member # 18

posted April 30, 2003 12:14     Profile for El Indio   Email El Indio     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, so who do you think is going to win the Stanley Cup this year? My money is on the Canucks. GO NUCKS GO!!! I guess this makes me a Canucklehead! Well, if they can survive a couple more games against Minnesota, I think that they do have a good chance at going all the way to the final round. My dream final round will have the Nucks against Ottawa with Vancouver ultimately winning. I'm just happy that Colorado and Detroit have already been knocked out. What an upset that was eh, you Red Wings fans! Did anyone checkout last friday's game between Vancouver and Minnesota? What a fluke that tying go was eh, and with only 1.2 seconds left in the third period! The nucks seem to play better when they are under pressure. Perhaps "overpowering, frantic violence" is a better term for what happens when they are under the gun! As for Minnesota, one has to admit that they do have their plays down pretty good - probably even better than the Nucks. Just to bad some of the Minnesota players (None of the B.C. boys I'm sure!) have a bad habit of getting penalties not that really seems to matter given the nucks disposition of blowing most of their power plays by spending too much time trying to set up a play or trying to get in close. Heck, I think this is the nucks main problem - they never seem to be able to get in close before shooting at the net. Whatever, I'm definatly not counting Minnesota out just yet but if the nucks do win the next couple games then they are going to the final round! And no fooling either!
 |  IP: Logged
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted April 30, 2003 13:16     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
GO DALLAS STARS GO!!!

GO NEW JERSEY DEVILS GO!!!

Dallas vs New Jersey....i hope.

Hockey is my #1 Sport.

LivingEvil
unregistered

posted April 30, 2003 17:22       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah,It will probably be Devil VS Stars,but the way things have been going this year you never know.I wouldnt might see some new teams in the finals:Wild,Mighty Ducks,Lightning or the Senators.
NOT the Canucks! Bertuzzi Sucks!!!!!!!
And not the overpaid talentless Flyers either!

IP: Logged
Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted April 30, 2003 18:41     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh my, it's hockey time again.
My problem is that when the Kings miss the playoffs,
I get really crabby and irate.

I like what Minnesota and Disney's Ducks have done, because it's
the same thing my Kings pulled off a couple of years back.
Shit, they even knocked off Detroit in round 1 and took Colorado to 7 games,
and all in ultra-dramatic fashion!
That was the best Kings hockey since the run to the Finals in '93.

The bottom line for me now is, I still have my Flyers.
They can go all the way if they can just put some full 60 minute games together.
They have all the talent they need, and a GREAT coach in Ken Hitchcock.
(Right Kula?)

And yes, your Stars WILL go down.
If not to the Ducks, to someone.
It would be great to see the Stars end up against Minnesota,
given the historical relevance, and my ultimate matchup would be
Dallas and Philly in the finals cuz they are the best 2 teams left.

NHL Post-season is as good as sports can get.

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted April 30, 2003 23:10     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
How come there aren't any black hockey players?
vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted April 30, 2003 23:20     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hay Blackcloud.
We have that canadian Carter guy, playing in NY Rangers, never in Stanley Cup though, those overpayed morons never makes it that far (by some odd reason that's why i kinda like them).

Looks like Bob Marley with a helmet. A really good player too. That dude was partially guilty of beating Sweden last night dammit

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted May 01, 2003 00:42     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
HOLY SHIT
-------
The Ducks have done it again!
I have always hated that team, but you have got to give them some credit!

That goalie is unbelievable.

quote:
Originally posted by BCoD:
How come there aren't any black hockey players?

There are actually more than 10 black NHL players, past and present.
Grant Fuhr, who led the Edmonton Oilers to the cup more than once is black.
There are several others playing now, many of them either very talented or tough as fuck.

A few notables are "enforcers" Georges Laraque of Edmonton, Donald Brashear of Philly, and Peter Worrell.
Some others are: Anson Carter, Mike Grier, Jarome Iginla, Goalie Fred Braithwaite,
and the "Jackie Robinson of Hockey", Willie O'Ree - who was the first ever.

A Relevant Reference Link

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted May 01, 2003 03:19     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Finally the NHL thread! You guys were bashing each other's teams a lot earlier last year!

It's really refreshing to see some new teams in the playoffs this year. Teemu Selänne must be dying to win a gold medal for Finland in Helsinki [sorry, derail] because San Jose didn't get too far, and his former team Anaheim is doing really well just one year after he went to SJ to be in a winning team for a change. Strange and ironic!

Hey Kula, I heard the Stars is interested in a 22-year-old forward Antti Miettinen. He comes from the same team as Niko Kapanen (HPK Hämeenlinna, my fave Finnish team), and he was selected as the MVP in the Finnish SM-Liiga this year. He's was also picked to the national team!

Go Rangers! :P

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted May 01, 2003 04:52     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Dammit. 3 more years until the next World Cup. Bugger....
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted May 01, 2003 07:24     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
WORLD CUP? What the hell is that?
Ball Kickers arent allowed in this Thread.
H...you and Slaytanic bug off!

Nevermind me. I'm just pissed that Dallas lost last night.
We are down 3 games to 1.
That means we MUST win 3 more games in a row to advance. -Not likely.
If Anaheim beat Dallas...i will have no choice but to jump on theyre Bandwaggon
and cheer for them against Vancouver or Minnesooooota.

One bright spot last night was that New Jersey Devils won!
They lead theyre series vs Tampa Bay Lightening 3-1.
One more victory and they will advance to the next round vs Ottawa or Philadelphia.

nell
VoivodFan
Member # 171

posted May 01, 2003 07:33     Profile for nell   Email nell     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ST JOHN'S MAPLE LEAFS!!

Go Leafs Go!!

El Indio
VoivodFan
Member # 18

posted May 01, 2003 11:13     Profile for El Indio   Email El Indio     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Huh!?!

LivingEvil recently stated:

quote:
NOT the Canucks! Bertuzzi Sucks!!!!!!!

What do you mean!?! I don't understand!!!
Maybe its the B.C. Bud talking but out here on the westcoast alot of people worship the man like a god! Then again most of the people out here only understand the meaning of three things: good weed; the word "fuck"; and mindless, gratuitous violence...

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted May 01, 2003 11:41     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by h:
Dammit. 3 more years until the next World Cup. Bugger....

Worst part is: 3 long years of hockey blah blah blah...

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted May 01, 2003 11:43     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by King Kula:
WORLD CUP? What the hell is that?
Ball Kickers arent allowed in this Thread.
H...you and Slaytanic bug off!

Nah, we're true hockey-thread trolls!!!

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted May 01, 2003 11:57     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Slaytanic :
Nah, we're true hockey-thread trolls!!!

lol! Yeah, we're here to torture you about the offside rule!

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted May 01, 2003 13:13     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Bunch of Ball-Kicking Trolls!!!

Playing with my Puck is more fun than playing with Balls!

Did i just say that?

LivingEvil
unregistered

posted May 01, 2003 17:17       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
bertuzzi sucks! How many goals has he made in the playoffs so far? 1 maybe?
Also i was born and raised in Detroit,so you know who i like and who i hate,Avalanche,Stars,Canucks,Mighty Ducks,Kings,Blues and any other team that the Red Wings have had trouble with.
I really wanted Cujo to win the cup but the rest of the team didnt feel the same.
With the Red Wings knocked out i would like to see so different teams in the finals.No Dallas,Devils,Flyers or Canucks though.
Mighty Ducks,Wild,Senators or Lightning in the finals!

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted May 01, 2003 17:34     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Bertuzzi...don't they make leather handbags and shoes???
El Indio
VoivodFan
Member # 18

posted May 02, 2003 11:14     Profile for El Indio   Email El Indio     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey, hey, hey... That's Vancouver's leading studmuffin you are talking about!!!
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted May 02, 2003 13:10     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by h:
lol! Yeah, we're here to torture you about the offside rule!

*ahem*

Attention, class!

According to FIFA's laws:

A player is in an offside position if he is nearer to his opponents' goal line than both the ball and the second last opponent.

A player is not in an offside position if he is in his own half of the field of play, or he is level with the second last opponent, or he is level with the last two opponents.

OFFENCE
A player in an offside position is only penalised if, at the moment the ball touches or is played by one of his team, he is, in the opinion of the referee, involved in active play by interfering with play, or interfering with an oponent, or gaining an advantage by being in that position.

NO OFFENCE
There is no offside offence if a player receives the ball directly from a goal kick, or a throw-in, or a corner kick.

INFRINGMENTS/SANCTIONS
For any offside offence, the referee awards an indirect free kick to the opposing team to be taken from the place where the infringment occurred.

Okay, any doubts?

El Indio
VoivodFan
Member # 18

posted May 07, 2003 11:36     Profile for El Indio   Email El Indio     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Canucks are going to win tonight's game... I think... I'm sure glad I slept through the last one (Minnesota scored 5 goals in the second period!?!)...
tomsawyer
VoivodFan
Member # 306

posted May 07, 2003 11:49     Profile for tomsawyer   Email tomsawyer     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This is where, I, being a Ranger fan want to open a vein. Since 95 we have needed to back a dump trunk up to the bay doors of MSG and throw out every player and start again.

I do revel in the Flyer misfortunes however, I work in the Philly area and when they lose (like they always do) I wear my "1976" t-shirt. They will never win with Bobby Clarke at the helm. I love every minute of it.

I know the Rangers suck. Feel free to point out how much they do, but it is not a shocker to any of us Ranger fans. We are used to losing. 40 years from now they will be chanting "1994!" around the league.

Watch out for those Wild. They have the best coach in the league. He knows how to win the big games.

Rangers SUCK!

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted May 07, 2003 12:20     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I cant believe that Dallas got shot down by the Ducks.

Bummer.

However...there is still hope.
The best team in Hockey right now will prevail.

GO NEW JERSEY DEVILS!!!!!

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted May 07, 2003 14:14     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Rangers SUCK!

Yes, they sure do.
I don't honestly know why i chose to have those dicks as my faveteam.
I get the same feeling as when i was at a F1 race in Hungary back in 97. 120 000 racenuts but i was the only one hoping that Jean Alesi would do well in that piece of garbage he was driving.

Theres only one answer: we are Masochists

LivingEvil
unregistered

posted May 07, 2003 17:41       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
new jersey doesnt have a chance-Senators all the way!

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan