my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » My Search is finally over!!!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My Search is finally over!!!
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted April 30, 2003 10:43     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
For the last two years I've been on a journey....

I've been looking for the picture of the Blackened One that first got me into VoiVod. I saw it in an issue of RIP back in 88/89 and said to myself, "now this band I've got to check out!!" Well, low and behold I was chatting with Emyln Helicopter this morning and he said, "dude, I've got a pic of Blacky to show you". Well, you wouldn't believe it but the pic he sent me was THE INFAMOUS PICTURE I'D BEEN LOOKING FOR FOR SOOOOOOOOO LONG....

Corpse, Helio sent you the pic and it would be great if you could post it for all to see. I'm putting it on my desktop now. Thanks again Helio, this made my day!!!!!!

|  IP: Logged
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted April 30, 2003 10:54     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
EMAIL that to me, oh silly one.

Thank you.

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted April 30, 2003 11:08     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
yeah sorry its kinda creased, its been on my wall for ten years!

And it got me into Voivod too. And also the hair thing...

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted April 30, 2003 11:15     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
HOW COOL IS THAT!?

Thanks for posting that here Warcorpse! As well as thanks to Emlyn and Mez... and Blacky... and the photographer, the rest of the band...

Okay, this is looking like the Oscars. I'll stop there.

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted April 30, 2003 11:16     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hair Credit: Annie Duschene.

(unless The Truth wants to credit Piggy here too. rotfl....)

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted April 30, 2003 11:21     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Terrible hair. Should be ashamed of himself.
:-)

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted April 30, 2003 14:35     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have that pic too!
I dug around just now and found it! Plus some other old metal mags from back in the day.

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted April 30, 2003 15:48     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
NV, you mean that issue of RIP??? Does it have an article in there on Death Angel. That is what I seem to remember...

Wanna sell it???

spudboy
VoivodFan
Member # 78

posted May 01, 2003 22:56     Profile for spudboy   Email spudboy     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That picture came from a RIP special magazine called "Pure Speed" circa late 1988. It basically had a lot of 1 and 2 page articles about the big thrash bands at the time. Voivod is on the last page. There was a "Pure Speed 2" that came out at the end of 1990. Voivod were the first band in that one. Both of my magazines are still in great condition, so I took the liberty of scanning them both (pictures + articles) for your viewing pleasure. Enjoy. Here they are...
"PURE SPEED" (1988):

"PURE SPEED 2" (1990):

Gerfat
VoivodFan
Member # 45

posted May 02, 2003 11:18     Profile for Gerfat   Email Gerfat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote from puerspeed1: "Since their debut album Roooaaar..."
Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted May 02, 2003 12:10     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nothing's Safe? Another unreleased album? Warcorpse, we want to hear the demos from that!
Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted May 02, 2003 13:49     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Mez, my copy of that mag is trashed. Pics cut out, the cover's missing...I actually cut the Voivod logo out off the top of the page and glued it on one of my high school binders.
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted May 03, 2003 07:50     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Aw man, thanks Spudboy! That brought back some great memories. That was it: PURE SPEED. Didn't even know there was a part two. 1988, so many years ago.....
Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted May 03, 2003 10:00     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nuclear Vampire:
Mez, my copy of that mag is trashed. Pics cut out, the cover's missing...I actually cut the Voivod logo out off the top of the page and glued it on one of my high school binders.

LOL!!
When I was in school (in MY day) it was UFO, Maiden, Priest and Sabbath.
My notebook was practically Smithsonian material.

Thanks for those scans, Spud.
And forget about Blacky's hair, I was admiring Michel's fancy 'do!!
Kind of a "5:00 AM Special".

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan