my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Happy May Day!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Happy May Day!
Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted April 30, 2003 08:30     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes, that most important annual celebration is at hand again! I'm going to spend it - no, not vomiting into my friend's pocket at 19:30 while queuing to some shitty bar - with my family, watching the IIHF ice hockey world championships and eating a lot of potato sallad with cooked sausages and various other unhealthy food products. Happy May Day everyone, celebrate it or not!

I bet all of you folks outside Finland are thrilled too! :P What? I heard someone say "what the hell is he talking about?" Well, at least Vroomfondel should know what I'm talking about. Forsberg & Sundin...brrr...suddenly I have doubts about Finland getting gold this year...

BTw, are any of the Canadians here following the hockey tournament? I guess everyone is just concentrating on the NHL playoffs.

End of message, Vman out

|  IP: Logged
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted April 30, 2003 08:34     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hockey, what's that?
Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted April 30, 2003 08:36     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Forsberg and Sundin... sounds familiar.
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted April 30, 2003 08:52     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Have fun pal! I've heard of this holiday. Oh boy, eating potatoe salad sure does sound good. Don't know about the vomiting part though. And Hockey??? No comment.......
Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted April 30, 2003 10:44     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Be sure to post your potatoe salad recipe in the "Gastronomy Domine" thread! This is major stuff.
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted April 30, 2003 10:52     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
HOCKEY!!!! YESS!!!!

GO DALLAS STARS!

As far as Mayday....that is Tomorrow, which is the day that i get to see VOIVOD!!!

VOIVOD at the Canyon Club on May Day with King Kula in tha house...
They are sooo doomed! hehehe.

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted April 30, 2003 11:01     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yep Mr Väinemöinen
Party on here too soon.

The tournament could be fun this year, i can't wait until after the nordic derby when the swedes have played the underwear of you guys And if they not, i surely will shut up after congratulating you man.

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted April 30, 2003 11:08     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks to Mayday, I have a day off on Monday. Go figure.

(It's a bank holiday in case you didn't know).

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted May 01, 2003 02:12     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by vroomfondel:
The tournament could be fun this year, i can't wait until after the nordic derby when the swedes have played the underwear of you guys

Ahh, the sweet FIN-SWE match! I read a funny comment by Sundin yesterday: "I know nothing more terrible than the Finns celebrating gold in the Sergel Torg...it was simply unbearable!" Maybe he'll get to sing with the Swedish fans in Helsinki...let's see. Skål och heja Sverige också!!

Scheisse, we lost to the Czechs last night...Koivu and Selänne had like ten or more great scoring opportunities each because they got to play so many powerplays, but neither scored. Bummer. Hope they will be more accurate when the semifinals begin.

Potato sallad recipe? My own cooking skills are quite limited (I can cook eggs, make porridge and know how to use a grill, mind you! ), but maybe mrs. VMan will tell me her recipe. I'll post that next week if I remember .

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted May 01, 2003 02:29     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oops, I forgot to say this...

Mez: May Day is a sort of a students' carnival day here. On August 30th everybody gets drunk well before the sunset and the celebration (read uncontrolled drinking) continues till about 6am. I've spent many 1st of Mays in my long-past youth without remembering where I was or what happened after half past eightish the night before.

Kula: you lucky bastard! Hope you have a great evening, and don't forget to post a report if you get back alive! Should Away or Piggy tear you to pieces because you've been posting negative things about them on VVHater.com, can I have your Tangerine Dream and Krafwerk Cds?

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted May 01, 2003 07:53     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hahahahaha!
I aim to have a nice talk with Away about this whole thing.
Someone needs to enlighten him to what the truth is.
Hopefully i will be able to do that in-between them stomping the crap out of me.

Happy Voivod May Day U.S.A.!

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted May 01, 2003 09:01     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Happy May Day to all the Gap/Nike/Starbucks/McDonalds shops along Oxford Street in London that are going to get fucking smashed in on the now-traditional May Day riot!
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted May 01, 2003 09:53     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"It was on the first of may... thunder rolling by, breaking up the sky... and the rain was pouring down, pounding on my brain, driving me insane..." King Diamond - "The Curse"

Well since it's May 1st, i'll have to listen to that tune... a weird tradition for me since 1991. But just in case i wont look at The Eye (the necklace on teh album cover) cuz it's actually raining today, and i wouldnt wanna live the entire Inquisition all at once, as it's the curse of The Eye.

Hehe.

Puzzled
VoivodFan
Member # 294

posted May 01, 2003 21:22     Profile for Puzzled   Email Puzzled     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skulhed:
"It was on the first of may... thunder rolling by, breaking up the sky... and the rain was pouring down, pounding on my brain, driving me insane..." King Diamond - "The Curse"

Well since it's May 1st, i'll have to listen to that tune... a weird tradition for me since 1991. But just in case i wont look at The Eye (the necklace on teh album cover) cuz it's actually raining today, and i wouldnt wanna live the entire Inquisition all at once, as it's the curse of The Eye.

Hehe.

Great song!

Not to change this to a drug topic, but did you know that here in the south a rule of thumb for shroomers is the months with no Rs....May, June, July and August....and when I was a young hellion and thought myself a shroom farmer...I tried and tried for years to find shrooms from the beggining of spring, but never had luck till the First day in May.....Never.

Now I feel guilty. If you are young and impressionable do not apply this knowledge or you will go insane like me...or possibly even find yourself in the middle of the inquisition.

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted May 05, 2003 02:57     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skulhed:

Hehe.

Skulhed is alot closer to what I thought May 1 was about. It's supposed to have something to do with being six months away from Halloween, some kind of pagan/satanic thing. They celebrate it in Germany, first day of summer?? Six more months till the Samhain of my soul...

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan