my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Metallica to Host New 'Headbangers Ball'

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Metallica to Host New 'Headbangers Ball'
El Indio
VoivodFan
Member # 18

posted April 30, 2003 00:54     Profile for El Indio   Email El Indio     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Tuesday, April 29, 2003

LOS ANGELES (AP) - Metallica is back at the ``Headbangers Ball.''

The band will host a new version of the heavy metal series, one of MTV's earliest, when it premieres May 10 on MTV2. ``Headbangers Ball'' debuted in 1987 and lasted until 1995.

Also on MTV2's spring-summer schedule is a new commentary show in which artists talk over their videos. ``Track 2'' follows the audio-commentary craze started by movie DVDs and combines musicians' remarks with footage from their videos.

Meanwhile, ``Nose Dive'' will document the key moment that ruined a particular artist's career, ``from flaming out on live TV, to being arrested, to getting into that bad third marriage,'' the network said Monday.

Other new shows include ``Spoke 'N Heard,'' an alternative hip-hop video show; a redesigned version of the interactive video program ``Control Freak,'' and a documentary special about the ``22 Greatest MCs.''

MTV2, a spin-off of the original network, focuses more on musical content than the main channel, which devotes much of its time to dramas and reality programming.

On the Net:

MTV2 Web site: http://www.mtv.com/onair/mtv2/

Damn! I keep forgetting that I subscribed to the Documentary Channel instead of MTV Canada!

|  IP: Logged
Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted April 30, 2003 03:30     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Great! Lars talking over his videos.

Bet they had to pay him to do that.

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted April 30, 2003 08:37     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Missing shows like this reminds me why I never subscribed to cable.
Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted April 30, 2003 08:38     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Never subscribe to cable. Buy books and CDs. Drink. Make love. Life is to short to waste it watching TV.

Waste your time on the Internet instead.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan