Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » This board looks cool and I certainly am a Voivod fan.... (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Author Topic: This board looks cool and I certainly am a Voivod fan....
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted April 30, 2003 21:04     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post
Puzz, your guessing game made reminded me of this topic that might interest you - What SIGN are you???
 |  IP: Logged
Puzzled
VoivodFan
Member # 294

posted April 30, 2003 21:41     Profile for Puzzled   Email Puzzled     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nuclear Vampire:
Welcome to the board! This IS a great place, full of cool people. Especially me

Are you the same Puzzled from the Iron Maiden BB?

OH NO!!

I've been found out!.....j/k

I AM the same Puzzled and I don't post there quite as often because of a few people picking on me when I was drunk. I was trying to be silly one day and I started getting attacked by a mob of people for being "insane" with a particular member at the head of it all who never liked me to begin with and over time it got blown out of perportion with some nude pics (not mine) It was a silly game they were playing and I was perfect bait. I always fall for the trolls. The ones who start weird topics don't bother me, but the ones who personally target me do...so natrally I got very agrivated at the whole thing. I do not try to troll but I have been known to talk about pretty weird stuff. I never understood why it bothers people if it doesn't apply to them, but I guess there will always be those who try to pass judgement for one reason or another without even knowing whats going on with that person....and people say I'M OPINIONATED.....well I am, but I don't go around kissing up to people and sending them nude pics and then slamming them in front of everyone else on the bb. I don't know what kind of psychology that is supposed to be, but it makes me want to vomit.

I guess the reason that this bb seems abit weird to me is because even some nicer posts that are Voivod related seem to have something weird tangled into them...like some hidden anti Voivod sentiment and it confuses me. It makes me think of trolls that are trying to be really sly...its only some of the posts though and I feel like I can't really reply or give my opinion without coming off like I have biased veiws. I know that probably sounds abit strange, but I guess its the way I appreciate things. I'm more likely to go into great detail about things I admire then say something like....."OH WOW....VOIVOD ROCKS!....VOIVOD IS SO COOL....GO OUT AND BUY THE NEW ALBUM RIGHT NOW! IT KICKS ASS!!!"

I mean if I did that I would probably look like a Voivod CD saleswoman or something and I don't want to give people the wrong impression...in light of when I start getting attacked by trolls, because there is no telling what they will come up with. They seem to be everywhere. I guess I should practice on not concentrating so much on other peoples topics. They just weird me out sometimes...and it seems they are just waiting for a reply.

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted May 01, 2003 02:58     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by Puzzled:
...I feel like I can't really reply or give my opinion without coming off like I have biased veiws.

Welcome aboard Puzzled! Don't worry about that too much. Just say what you want to! This is the coolest forum I've ever been to, and the people here are very friendly. Just don't take all the conversations here too seriously!

Amalthea
VoivodFan
Member # 301

posted May 01, 2003 03:18     Profile for Amalthea   Email Amalthea     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I'm new to the message board as well Puzzled (and I've also got that crazy estrogen thing someone mentioned earlier). I can see how posting to a board can seem uninviting and oddly anti-social even though it is in a public venue, albeit an electronic one. That's why I stick to message boards with small to medium sized memberships so as not to be overwhelmed by the deluge of screen personas and little smiley faces.

The site design is heavy on the dark colors, maybe more Voivod purple would brighten things up. (Look at me, just signed up and I'm already redesigning the website!)

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted May 01, 2003 04:01     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Welcome aboard, Amalthea!

This darkness thing means its easy on the eye for those of us without lives who spend entire days on this board and the chatroom.

I think boards are intimidating first of all because everyone seems to know everyone else so its hard to just dive in to what sounds like a private conversation.

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted May 01, 2003 07:41     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Nude Pics?
There are Nude Pics?
hehehe!

Happy to have all the new people aboard here.
Dont be afraid to just jump in with whatever.

When i first came to the old Voivod Board, you should have seen my silly topics!
Something about changing my first name to Voivod and wondering what Voivod meant!
(Everyone thought i was nuts.)
Then there was the whole 'Terry Brown / Angel Rat' topic.
I wont even bother to go in to my 'Electric Light Orchestra' thread i started!
Thought i would be hung over that one!
But all the nice people forgave me and we moved on. lol!

Hmmm....
Maybe i will start a 'KC and the Sunshine Band' thread next.

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted May 01, 2003 07:54     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Puzzled, its good to have a fellow Georgian on this board. You're the first. Closest person I had on here for a long time was Layla's Dad in Bama. I know about South Georgian women....I dated one from a little town called Cairo(pronounced K-Ro).
Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted May 01, 2003 08:46     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Welcome aboard Amalthea and nice to see you again Puzzled! That's shitty about the Maiden board. There's alot of dicks there, but some really cool people too. Don't let those few assholes ruin it for ya! The ones with any brains are also on the ultimatemetal boards too. It's nice to get away from the idiots now and then. Maybe with the new Maiden board things will improve.
If not, who cares! This place is 100 times better!

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted May 01, 2003 08:48     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Any topic or opinion whatsoever is fair game here, so long as it's not Racist, Homophobic (should you wish to say something like "Jasonik iz soo gay", please take it to the WWF-metal boards!)" or just plan endlessly negative about everything.

But only because to be racist or endlessly negative brings everyone else down.

Shit, we even tolorate Republican Georgians on this board!

So you new people carry on with your balmy opinions. I assure you that with the likes of Kula around you're going to sound perfectly normal.

Perhaps the Old Guard should form an Irongang Committee to discuss how new members can feel more comfortable? O GOD THAT IDEA IZ SOO GAY

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted May 01, 2003 09:28     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
How to make people feel more comfortable? Install a bar. With 'Corpses rare mp3 dukebox in the corner. And the Transatlantic Sister Exchange playing live every night!
Just a suggestion, like....

nell
VoivodFan
Member # 171

posted May 01, 2003 09:59     Profile for nell   Email nell     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
the Gorf pinball machine would be a bonus as well!
El Indio
VoivodFan
Member # 18

posted May 01, 2003 11:02     Profile for El Indio   Email El Indio     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Puzzled recently stated:
quote:
I don't want to give people the wrong impression...in light of when I start getting attacked by trolls, because there is no telling what they will come up with. They seem to be everywhere.

Wow, this is starting to sound like the place where I work! Worse, where I live! Is it friday yet for I suddenly need to start drinking - heavily!

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted May 01, 2003 11:12     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by h:
How to make people feel more comfortable? Install a bar. With 'Corpses rare mp3 dukebox in the corner. And the Transatlantic Sister Exchange playing live every night!
Just a suggestion, like....

Every fuckin' night!? I'm gonna need more bass strings...

VVF bar wouldn't go amiss though.

Welcome aboard everyone! Hope you enjoy your stay at this wonderful, whimsical website.

Puzzled
VoivodFan
Member # 294

posted May 01, 2003 19:57     Profile for Puzzled   Email Puzzled     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
HEY!.....What about women from Georgia!.....j/k.

No, seriously...what about women from Georgia? Funny you should mention Cairo. I've been there to a four wheeler race!

And to the person who mentioned Georgian republicans ....Lets not talk about that.....No, seriously...I don't have anything against anybody anywhere, but I have been known to retaliate when somebody picks on my southern self. Its all in good fun...(usually) I have held many different veiws on things (you could not imagine) and I like to get into a good discussion at times as long as petty stuff doesn't get thrown into it, but sometimes its best to leave it all aside. It takes all kinds of fews to achieve balance and I think untill everyone can talk about stuff openly it will never happen...probably won't anyway but thats besides the point. Its just like a conversation I had with I guy I knew about gun control...if I could go back, I would say OK you're right...like I said, my veiws are subject to change...but never by force or shitslinging...so just so you kind people will know (seeing as how you have all been so welcoming) If I ever get into a discussion with one of you about any particular thing and we happen to not agree, I never take that personally untill I'm being personally picked on. Its all a matter of perspective. There was one person on the IM bb who I always got into conversations with and we never agreed on anything. It was crazy, but they were one of my favorite people to talk to. I think something is wrong if people don't disagree at times. It denotes dishonesty and hidden hard feelings that will probably surface later. Anyway...enough about that crap! I'd just like to say Thank You for the welcoming replies. I get a little paranoid at times and sometimes I feel like I should explain where I'm coming from before I say anything else, because I have been known to say alot. Most of the time it should be taken with a grain of salt because I am honest to a fault (or so my mother told me)...I've always found that its easier that way to see how others will react to me. I mean, if I say something silly and somebody starts calling me retarded and psychotic...thats one person I can safely say that I don't want to know. I have a little note pad in my head.

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted May 01, 2003 21:53     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Puzzled, I think you would really like the band previously mentioned here, The Great TransAlantic Sister Exchange. Maybe you've even heard of us before, I don't know. We played for a square dance once in Valdosta for the sorority girls there. I'm not gonna tell you how they paid us for that gig. In fact, our Swedish guitar player got kidnapped by the local sheriff's posse. They thought, because of the accent, that he must be a communist. So I had to rescue him from a lynching that night in the town square. I don't know if we're gonna make it to that barn dance again anytime soon.
Puzzled
VoivodFan
Member # 294

posted May 01, 2003 21:59     Profile for Puzzled   Email Puzzled     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalhead:
Puzzled, I think you would really like the band previously mentioned here, The Great TransAlantic Sister Exchange. Maybe you've even heard of us before, I don't know. We played for a square dance once in Valdosta for the sorority girls there. I'm not gonna tell you how they paid us for that gig. In fact, our Swedish guitar player got kidnapped by the local sheriff's posse. They thought, because of the accent, that he must be a communist. So I had to rescue him from a lynching that night in the town square. I don't know if we're gonna make it to that barn dance again anytime soon.

I take it I should be insulted.

Cthon
Member # 156

posted May 02, 2003 06:29     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Puzzled, you should be laughing your ass off at Mezcalhead because hes this boards answer to a "Def Comedy Jam", haha....then shudder as you realize he only lives 3 hours from you.......
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted May 02, 2003 12:32     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by King Kula:
(Everyone thought i was nuts.)

I wonder what made you think that way...

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted May 02, 2003 13:43     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cthon:
shudder as you realize he only lives 3 hours from you.......

Yes. Be afraid. Be VERY afraid.

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted May 04, 2003 22:07     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by Puzzled:

I take it I should be insulted.

Yesssssss, I remember now. You're real name is Billy Sue and you're the one who reported our guitar player to the cops cause we wouldn't let you on the tour bus with the "flood" of other girls there. Honey, sorry you didn't make the cut but you know, we're the Sister Exchange and we only accept the best of the breasts.....

Puzzled
VoivodFan
Member # 294

posted May 05, 2003 18:47     Profile for Puzzled   Email Puzzled     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalhead:
Yesssssss, I remember now. You're real name is Billy Sue and you're the one who reported our guitar player to the cops cause we wouldn't let you on the tour bus with the "flood" of other girls there. Honey, sorry you didn't make the cut but you know, we're the Sister Exchange and we only accept the best of the breasts.....

I can assure you I wouldn't have even tried.

Puzzled
VoivodFan
Member # 294

posted May 05, 2003 19:14     Profile for Puzzled   Email Puzzled     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
One more thing Mezcalhead. If you are referring to my tiny physique I guess I can safely assume that xChtonx must have shown you my pictures, or am I to blindly assume that you stumbled upon that stroke of genius on your own?
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted May 05, 2003 20:55     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Puzzled, its a joke. Take it easy. When you think of Sister Exchange, think Spinal Tap. You're not the only one on here spewing nonsense.
Motordeth
VoivodFan
Member # 153

posted May 05, 2003 22:59     Profile for Motordeth   Email Motordeth     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Puzzled is the joke?
Puzzled
VoivodFan
Member # 294

posted May 05, 2003 23:24     Profile for Puzzled   Email Puzzled     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gorf:
I still think you are King Kula, Puzzled.
A rather convoluted plot to restore your lost credibility, perhaps?

Yelling, Blacky at the Vod show. What an infidel! I banish you to linger in the 666 layers of the abyss, you heathen! By Yog-Sothtoth I command thee!

(but you get a saving throw)

I can assure you that I have no reason to lie about my identity. I am not KK...nor have I ever been.

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan