my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » $2 ABQ Voivod Review!!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: $2 ABQ Voivod Review!!
hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted April 28, 2003 21:12     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Okay, I am stuck in the Denver airport and I have just a few minutes to say hello and tell you all that Voivod rocked last night!! I have to say that all the new songs sounded great and it was wonderful to see Snake up on stage once again! I got lots of pictures the boys after their set. They were, as some of you already know, the nicest guys and were happy to talk, pose and answer questions. Can't wait to get the pictures back. (No sign of Jasonic, by the way). Unfortunatley, I only got a few of them on stage cause I was afraid I would get my camera confiscated...maybe next time.

The only other thing I could have hoped for was more older material, but it was great just to be there again 13 years later in the same place they played on the Nothingface tour. Anyway, my time is almost out and my plane is almost here....I will talk to you all soon.

|  IP: Logged
Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted April 28, 2003 22:55     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hypergrrl:
Okay, I am stuck in the Denver airport and I have just a few minutes to say hello and tell you all that Voivod rocked last night!! I have to say that all the new songs sounded great and it was wonderful to see Snake up on stage once again! I got lots of pictures the boys after their set. They were, as some of you already know, the nicest guys and were happy to talk, pose and answer questions. Can't wait to get the pictures back. (No sign of Jasonic, by the way). Unfortunatley, I only got a few of them on stage cause I was afraid I would get my camera confiscated...maybe next time.

The only other thing I could have hoped for was more older material, but it was great just to be there again 13 years later in the same place they played on the Nothingface tour. Anyway, my time is almost out and my plane is almost here....I will talk to you all soon.

Thanks for the report!
Very cool stuff.
Was the setlist pretty much the same as the other show's posted here?

Hey BTW, I am quite fascinated by the Denver Airport and some of the
wild myths and legends that have been written about it.
Did you happen to get a good look at some of the sculptures, artworks and wall murals?

If so, I would really like to hear your impressions of them.
(this also applies to anyone else who has been there)

(sorry to change the subject)

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted April 29, 2003 07:09     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hypergrrl!!!

Oh how i have missed you!

YOU GOTTA GET ON HERE MORE OFTEN!
Have you got a Computer at home yet?

Sure would love to see those pics.

Cheers!

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted April 29, 2003 10:19     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey King Kula, glad to see you're still around too! And my $2 review turned into a $5 dollar one because the keyboards on those airport internet computers suck and the minutes ticked by double-time. I will share pics when I get them back, but not the ones with me in them - I don't want to reveal my identity. It was pretty cool, there was me, hypersis and hyperbro running around getting autographs and photos - they were just too cool for words

Targento, as far as the airport, this is the first time I ever went through Denver so I have never heard any stories about the place. The only thing I noticed was the "fossils" in the floor. I was too busy running to miss my connection then drinking beer watching New Jersey come back while I waited another three freakin' hours (did they win?). So anyway, what stories and myths?

As the set list goes, yes it was the same as the others I've seen posted here. They played Astronomy Domine as their closing song and it sounded great! Not to sound like a pushy Voivod fan, I did kindly comment to Piggy that it would be nice to hear more old stuff and he said, "Really?". Hopefully they will change up their set list if they tour again later without the Ozz Fest.

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted April 30, 2003 08:32     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hypergrrl:
I will share pics when I get them back, but not the ones with me in them - I don't want to reveal my identity.

Boo! Reveal!

Nice to hear from you Hypergrrl!

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan