my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » CD review in french

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: CD review in french
Jeffrey
VoivodFan
Member # 132

posted April 28, 2003 15:34     Profile for Jeffrey   Email Jeffrey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Here is a new review of Voivod in the montreal newspaper Voir.
http://voir.ca/montreal/musique/disque.asp?Id=25798

|  IP: Logged
Ynys Trebes
VoivodFan
Member # 55

posted April 28, 2003 16:38     Profile for Ynys Trebes   Email Ynys Trebes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
wow! excellente critique et en plein dans le mile... enfin quelqu'un qui a compris (et c'est une fille en plus )
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted April 28, 2003 17:14     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Err... Great. Now would anyone care to translate it for us, poor ignorants who don't speak French? Thanks in advance.
Cthon
Member # 156

posted April 28, 2003 19:17     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
theres something strange about that review, just cant put my finger on it...aw well, see you latre......
Ne0rC
VoivodFan
Member # 163

posted April 28, 2003 19:52     Profile for Ne0rC   Email Ne0rC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The rumour wanted that the 13th album of the formation québécoise is their the more accessible, especially with the arrival of the ex-Metallica Jason Newsted to low. That the fans of Voïvod are reassured, Snake, Piggy and Away did not sell their heart in Newsted, which is done rather discrete besides on the photographs of the group inside the small pocket decorated with the futuristic drawings of the beater Michel Langevin. Instead of to present as a saver, bass player, which financed what is indisputably the best disc of Voïvod on the sound level, is satisfied to put its know-how at opens certainly to support pieces more hookers (one thinks of involving Gasmask Revival , We Carry One and Rebel Robot ) but who reflect the side stoner-rock'n'roll of Voïvod. However, the global solution remains still progressive. One has only to listen to Facing Up , Blame Us , The Multiverse and I Don' T Wanna Wake Up to be convinced some.

Heres a bad tranlation from Altavista

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted April 28, 2003 20:42     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ha ha ha! (reverso.com is usually better than babelfish, btw) Okay, I'll try a translation of Christine Fortier's review, feel free to correct:

The rumour was that the 13th album of this Quebec group would be more accessible, especially with the arrival of the ex-Metallica bassist, Jason Newsted. The fans of Voïvod can be reassured, Snake, Piggy and Away did not sell their souls to Newsted, whose presence is also rather discreet in the photos of the group inside the CD insert which is decorated with the futuristic drawings of drummer Michel Langevin. Instead of appearing in the role of rescuer, the bass player, who financed what is unarguably, sonically the best disc of Voïvod, contents himself with contributing his know-how to supporting parts of the project that are more hook-laden (thinking of the dynamic Gasmask Revival, We Carry On and Rebel Robot) but also reflective of the stoner-rock side of Voïvod. Having said that, the global approach of the music remains progressive. One only has to listen to Facing Up, Blame Us, The Multiverse and I Don't Wanna Wake Up to be convinced.

Ynys Trebes
VoivodFan
Member # 55

posted April 29, 2003 09:34     Profile for Ynys Trebes   Email Ynys Trebes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Super nice job Noitall... excellent travail Ellesaittout
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted April 29, 2003 10:08     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Muito obrigado pela tradução!!!

Muchas gracias por la traducción!!!

Thanks for the translation!!!

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted April 29, 2003 10:11     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Merci pour la traduction! Can we have it in another language, please?
Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted April 30, 2003 09:20     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh, and by the way, here in Quebec, it's totally dead. Seems that no journalist or critic know about Voivod, or give a shit. Apart from the articles in La Presse, the critic in Voir and some old news on the Bande à Part site (which is an alternative music radio show on the french Canadian Broadcasting Corp.) it's dead silent.
Jeffrey
VoivodFan
Member # 132

posted April 30, 2003 10:33     Profile for Jeffrey   Email Jeffrey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You're right! Voivod in not that popular anymore in Montreal.
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted April 30, 2003 10:49     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
But Marie-Chantal Toupin's single "Soirée des filles" is really climbing the charts...

and btw, in the traduction department that line about 'une soirée pitoune' really confused me....

Ynys Trebes
VoivodFan
Member # 55

posted April 30, 2003 12:15     Profile for Ynys Trebes   Email Ynys Trebes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Claude Rajotte mentionned it on "Le Cimetière..."

He basically said it was a good album, not very revolutionnary (or too old school for him), would please the die-hard fans and pretty much nobobdy else...

Lapatride
VoivodFan
Member # 188

posted May 06, 2003 06:10     Profile for Lapatride   Email Lapatride     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I would love to have the review of Hedgar Fruitier.
Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted May 06, 2003 11:23     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lapatride:
I would love to have the review of Hedgar Fruitier.

Oh yeah, the Edgar Fruitier connection! I remember when he used to critic rock albums in Beau et Chaud. Hehe.

Here's a link: http://f.vsolutions.free.fr/voivod/Interview%20Le%20Soleil%2093.html

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted May 06, 2003 11:28     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I remember he reviewed Maiden's Seventh Son album on beau & chaud, in the summer of '88. Cant remember what he said, tho.
Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted May 06, 2003 11:41     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skulhed:
I remember he reviewed Maiden's Seventh Son album on beau & chaud, in the summer of '88. Cant remember what he said, tho.

Really? I liked Seventh Son even if it sounded a little dry. "Be the mother of a birth-strangled babe, be the Devil's own, Lucifer's my name!" That was wicked!

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan