my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Phoenix show April 24

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Phoenix show April 24
tattooedsean777
VoivodFan
Member # 128

posted April 25, 2003 05:41     Profile for tattooedsean777   Email tattooedsean777     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, Jason was back to his healthy self so the show must go on.

The set list, unless I am an idiot, was the same as it was in LA and SF. They were awesome. I could complain that I wanted to hear some more older material but I am sure they will get jason up to speed on some more as they do more touring.

by the way, the new stuff really does come off well live. They really seemed to have so much fun on stage. Snake was goofing around with the crowd taking pics and haming it up. Jason was smiling. Piggy's guitar is so awesome. Away was tearing it up.

I won't knock full blown chaos, the ny hardcore act, or sepultura, who I haven't been into cd wise since max's departure.

Halfway thru sepultura's set, I headed out back. Somebody back stage called over away for me who proceeded to sign all my voivod cds, the whole catalog, and have a brief conversation.

Jason came over after he heard me calling his name. He was really cool as usual. He always was the one Metallica guy that would hang out with fans.

It took a bit but Snake finally came out of the bus and Away pointed him in my direction. He was heading towards a nice buzz drinking wise but was so very cool to chat with.

Piggy was the last and wow, he was in a spirited mood thanks to MR. beer!!! He chatted about how he is the first to test out this type of guitar in front of crowds.

All of them were nice enough to have their picture taken with me and chat for a few minutes.

short sleeves were 25, long sleeve was 30, and beanie was 20.

Show started prior to ticket time as voivod went on barely after the time mentioned on ticket so get there early.

|  IP: Logged
satan
VoivodFan
Member # 35

posted April 25, 2003 07:15     Profile for satan   Email satan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Excellent review! Thanks for the heads up.
Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted April 25, 2003 07:43     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, great review! Any chance you could show us your photos?
Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted April 25, 2003 09:07     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes! We want photos! Sounds like you had a great time. Again, I am jealous as I will be of all you bastards who get to see this tour.
tattooedsean777
VoivodFan
Member # 128

posted April 25, 2003 23:48     Profile for tattooedsean777   Email tattooedsean777     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
yeah, unfortunately, I don't have a digital camera at the moment so I have to finish my role really fast and get them developed but I will try to make them available.
Cahgoonis
VoivodFan
Member # 220

posted April 27, 2003 01:16     Profile for Cahgoonis   Email Cahgoonis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Although photos would be nice, I'd much rather know if anyone recorded it.
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted April 27, 2003 09:17     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sean, thanks for the review. Was wondering if you had any trouble getting your camera in there. Lot of security can be real Nazis about such things.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan