my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » No go for Anaheim and Vegas.... hoping for Phoenix

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: No go for Anaheim and Vegas.... hoping for Phoenix
tattooedsean777
VoivodFan
Member # 128

posted April 23, 2003 18:10     Profile for tattooedsean777   Email tattooedsean777     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
VOIVOD bassist Jason Newsted missed his first show in 17 years when a case of food poisoning kept him from taking the stage in Anaheim, California this past Monday, according to antiMUSIC.

Newsted was reportedly taken to an area hospital at approximately 3:00 p.m. on Monday where he was diagnosed with food poisoning and severe dehydration. Co-headliners SEPULTURA still performed and gave the audience a special bonus during the encore when they were joined on stage by members of VOIVOD to perform the classic song "Voivod" from the group's 1984 debut album "War and Pain". Newsted, who is said to be recovering, also missed the band's show in Las Vegas the following night (April 22).

VOIVOD and SEPULTURA are in the middle of a co-headlining North American tour which is scheduled to hit Celebrity Theater in Phoenix, Arizona on Thursday (April 24).

I hope he is well for tommorrow as I will be at the Phoenix date.

|  IP: Logged

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan