my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Review of Old School Thrash Shows

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Review of Old School Thrash Shows
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted April 23, 2003 07:44     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
From the No Mercy Festival in London(well, look at who got the highest points):

Now to the absolute stars of the day Death Angel. They were extremely tight, great stage presene and had the best sound of the gig. I could go on and on at how good they were but suffice to say I was grinning from start to finnish. It was 13 years since they last played, and I saw them, in England, I hope we don't have to wait that long again. Set List:

Intro - Short part of Ultra Violence
Seemingly Endless Time
Voracious Souls
Mistress Of Pain
Third Floor
Evil Priest
Stagnant
Bored
Kill As One

...and now the real embarassment of the day, Nuclear Assault. John Connely was absolutely out of his head and played the whole set with his guitar out of tune. Having said that, the bass and second guitar seemed to be tuned differently too and we were subjected to horrendous feedback. During Buttf**k, I think it was, Connely downed his guitar and lept into the crowd. On return he was staggering round and seemed to have a long heated conversation with Dan Lilker. Dan Lilker then announed they had three more songs, which happen to be three he sings. At the end someone next to me shouted "Disgraceful" and he wasn't wrong. Set list (though I may be slightly out as I could hardly tell!):

Rise From The Ashes
Brainwashed
F#
F# (Wake Up)
When Freedom Dies
Game Over
Buttf**k
My America
Hang The Pope
Lesbians

Finally to Testament. It wasn't the tightest performance I've seen by them by a long shot, though that's to be expected with a stand-in drummer, but it was fun. "You didn't think I'd be back?" roared Chuck which was met with a sea of hands and cheers. The sound wasn't great but it didn't seem to matter. There was a very celebratory atmosphere and smiles all round from band and crowd. Chuck said they'd be back in July/August and hopefully we'll get a full length set, but I wasn't complaining on leaving last night. Set list

DNR
Down For Life
Low
Burnt Offerings
Into The Pit
Trial By Fire
True Believer
Three Days In Darkness
Eyes Of Wrath
Over The Wall
Dog Faced Gods
Disciples Of The Watch

|  IP: Logged

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan