my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » I need your opinion about Enslaved

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I need your opinion about Enslaved
Lapatride
VoivodFan
Member # 188

posted April 20, 2003 23:49     Profile for Lapatride   Email Lapatride     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm about to buy for the first time an album from them, but I don't know wich one.

I have Eld burn and like it a lot and I read here that Monumension was really good to. I've heard 3 songs of this disk and they rocks.

So I'm asking to people who know better then me what they think it's the better move? Eld? Monumension? or another one is better?
To give you an idea, my favorite songs from Eld is the first and last one.

Thx to help me, at that price I want to do the best choice to start

|  IP: Logged
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted April 21, 2003 08:22     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hello Lapatride,

If I were you I would go with either Monumension or Mardraum. I like Monumension a little better as it is more progressive where as the last part of Mardraum is mostly like a blastbeat convention. There new album, called Below the Lights, is coming out in the US in May(not sure about Europe). I've heard one track off that and its spectacular. So yeah, I would try Monumension, the first song off that "Convoys of Nothingness" absolutely kills!! One of my all time favorite metal songs.

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted April 21, 2003 15:09     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I just picked up Mardraum and it's fan-fucking-tastic! I highly recommend this to anyone who likes intense, strange, heavy music. Prog Black Metal? It's the closest I can come to defining it. I will definetly be getting their entire catalogue now.
guidon
VoivodFan
Member # 137

posted April 22, 2003 12:58     Profile for guidon   Email guidon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
FROST!
Lapatride
VoivodFan
Member # 188

posted April 24, 2003 22:28     Profile for Lapatride   Email Lapatride     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thx a lot for your answers, now I have to find it in store... won't be easy
Now I have to find a lot of money because I just discovered some other black band...
Emperor-1 disck=30
Mayhem-1 disc=30
Enslaved-3 discs=90
Dissection-1 disc=30
Total=180$$$

Nate Carson
VoivodFan
Member # 97

posted April 25, 2003 01:09     Profile for Nate Carson   Email Nate Carson     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Mardraum and Monumension are the best.
Such good psychedelic progressive metal. Classic.

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted April 25, 2003 09:13     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I recently found a store here that actually carries most of the hard-to-find Scaninavian Black/Death Metal that I've been digging for the last couple of years. They even have some of it on vinyl! That's where I picked up Mardraum. They had most of the rest of Enslaved's discography too! And Emperor, Marduk, Mayhem, Borknagar, Thryfing, etc. Now I just need the money to obtain all these CDs!

Try www.theendrecords.com as they have lots of stuff and the prices are decent. Cheap shipping if you buy more than one CD too.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan