my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Voivod Show April 18 2003!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Voivod Show April 18 2003!
Ne0rC
VoivodFan
Member # 163

posted April 19, 2003 11:39     Profile for Ne0rC   Email Ne0rC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This was my first show ever and it was a great experience.

I was the first one there, got there at about 6 o clock. I was standing in line waiting for my friends, and I got to meet all the security guards, really cool guys. Turns out I was in the wrong line =/, my friend had bought his tickets with willcall and the line I was in was for physical tickets. Anyways I waited about 2 hrs to get in the place, and the show didn't start til about 1 hr after the doors.

The opening act was pretty bad. They basically got some respect but there were some bad comments =), the guy in front of me was yelling at them about how bad they were. But there was one guy like already moshing over the opening act, the ONLY guy moshing over the opening act.

Anyways it took about 30 minutes to set up the Voivod gear, and finally we see Piggy and Away come out! YEA PIGGY, AWAY!!! They start a song, then Jason comes out! The slowly Snake comes out...VOIVOD! First song Voivod. I don't entirly remember the rest of the order but the other songs were Blame Us, Real Again?, Rebel Robot, We Carry On, Tribal Convictions, Astronomy Domine, Gaskmask Revival, and 2 others songs I didn't know, one was from Angel Rat, and the other I did not know the origin of.

Piggy and Jason were head Banging right next to each other at times. Snake definatly had a stage presense. Acting out all the lines he sung on stage.

And if anyone saw I was the guy in the Papa Wheelie shirt in the right side of the room.

|  IP: Logged
bloodyneck
VoivodFan
Member # 287

posted April 19, 2003 19:09     Profile for bloodyneck   Email bloodyneck     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm positive they also played The Prow because I remember distinctly moshing to "on the seven seas...." But if I remember correctly, when Snake announced it, I thought he said "Panorama," so maybe they played The Prow then Panorama...? I don't remember, I was too amped on adrenaline.

Voivod freaking ripped though, they haven't lost a thing. They were so insanely tight, unbelievable for their first time out again. I had fun going crazy and jumping around in the pit. In case anyone was there, I was the blonde dude with the red funeral home T-shirt. I didn't see you there, SoCxNe0rC. It was a rad show though. I'm so glad Snake is back, and that they have a good bass player again.

To the death!

edit: Just remembered, they also played The Multiverse and Les Cigares Volants.

Ne0rC
VoivodFan
Member # 163

posted April 19, 2003 19:13     Profile for Ne0rC   Email Ne0rC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
And i just remebered they played the Unknown Knows, I think i was wearing a black trench coat and a backpack.
bloodyneck
VoivodFan
Member # 287

posted April 19, 2003 19:14     Profile for bloodyneck   Email bloodyneck     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That's right, oh that was awesome!! One of the best songs of the night.
Ne0rC
VoivodFan
Member # 163

posted April 19, 2003 19:16     Profile for Ne0rC   Email Ne0rC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It woulda been great if they came out for a 2nd time and played Batman =P
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted April 19, 2003 19:20     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thank you for the reports, both of you
Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted April 19, 2003 20:18     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Good reports, thanks. After i go to the show, I will post a review, if im allowed to take any pics too, ill let you guys know where they endup at.
Ne0rC
VoivodFan
Member # 163

posted April 19, 2003 20:41     Profile for Ne0rC   Email Ne0rC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Anyone have a bootleg of Friday's show?
bloodyneck
VoivodFan
Member # 287

posted April 20, 2003 03:41     Profile for bloodyneck   Email bloodyneck     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
A bootleg would be highly coveted. Anybody???
TheHade
VoivodFan
Member # 109

posted April 23, 2003 09:34     Profile for TheHade   Email TheHade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, those reports sound great!
By the way, how many fans were there? Was it like a Voivod- and a Sepultura-crowd or did most people enjoy both bands equally?

bloodyneck
VoivodFan
Member # 287

posted April 24, 2003 07:50     Profile for bloodyneck   Email bloodyneck     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
More people were there to see Sepultura, but Voivod had a good crowd too.

I saw Voivod in '93 and I was the ONLY fan, and Voivod ended up opening for some crappy local band in San Luis Obispo. Crying shame it was, but they still rocked....just for me.

bloodyneck
VoivodFan
Member # 287

posted April 24, 2003 20:43     Profile for bloodyneck   Email bloodyneck     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey, anybody know who the opening band was?
Ne0rC
VoivodFan
Member # 163

posted April 24, 2003 23:02     Profile for Ne0rC   Email Ne0rC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Opening band was this hardcore band, i guess guitar was ok but every thing else sucked. Forgot the name of them though, they said they came all the way from New York.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan