my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Voivod Taping Policy?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Voivod Taping Policy?
Fireface
VoivodFan
Member # 51

posted April 19, 2003 08:25     Profile for Fireface   Email Fireface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Alright I finally got around to posing this question. Most likely this has never been addressed. With the tour at our doorstep is there anybody planning on taping any of the shows??!! Preferably someone with a DAT as Mini Disc leaves a bit to be desired. Also, a good mic is essential. There are tons of taping resources available on the net. A decent rig runs anywhere from $700 - $1000 US. I wish I could afford one.

Video taping seems to be more popular in the metal community, so I suppose this question applies to both. Anybody out there with ties to the band that could ask them? I suppose I could also propose the question on the official forum or Chophouse. I figured I'd ask you guys first.

Obviously, it MUST be stressed that none of these recordings will ever be sold!! If it's pointed out that that we own the entire catalog and that we just can't get enough,
I don't see why they wouldn't go for it. Mastodon, High on Fire, and Opeth allow taping. I spoke to Peter from Opeth recently and he didn't have a problem with it. He wasn't too happy about this stuff going out on Ebay though. If bands are cool enough to tape, sales like that are likely to fuck up everything.

With all the shows happening this year I hope we can archive some 'Vod for the ages!!

|  IP: Logged
Ne0rC
VoivodFan
Member # 163

posted April 19, 2003 11:30     Profile for Ne0rC   Email Ne0rC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
well, it depeneds where you go, when I was at the Avalon yesterday they didn't allow any recording whatsoever video, picture, or audio.
nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted April 20, 2003 03:54     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The restrictions on recording shows seems to be more of a venue issue than a band issue. Most venues see the event as property of the venue and they don't want people making money from something they paid to make money from.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan