my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » The new metallica "logo" and album artwork

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The new metallica "logo" and album artwork
BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted April 17, 2003 02:31     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Lame, lame, lame.

Perhaps yet "another" pre-cursor to total letdown. I don't know why I even bother having a glimmer of hope, as it's been constantly SHOT ALL TO HELL now for their last 3 studio albums!

|  IP: Logged
Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted April 17, 2003 05:03     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted April 17, 2003 05:45     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Looks like it would be the cover for a Zakk LaRocha solo album!!!
Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted April 17, 2003 06:26     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Da-na Na Na-Na...Na! Na-Na-Na! Da-na-na na! Na-Na! Na!

The Red Hand Gang.

Metallica are very Street, arn't they? Street enough for The Kidz maybe. Wallet Chains and sensible haircuts. Meanwhile I listen to Master Of Puppets with my head in the gas oven.

nell
VoivodFan
Member # 171

posted April 17, 2003 07:00     Profile for nell   Email nell     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
'Red hand', hey? I could say something now, but I'm a nice polite young lady so I won't....
Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted April 17, 2003 07:09     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh for christs sake Mrs h!
nell
VoivodFan
Member # 171

posted April 17, 2003 09:00     Profile for nell   Email nell     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
wha wha wha?!? Don't 'Christ sake', me mister Helicopter! You must be thinking dirty thoughts, you are!
Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted April 17, 2003 10:23     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sorry about that, sister. Is h coming to our prayer circle this Sunday? Its a special 'He Is Risen!' service.

I must speak to my Minister about his grammer.

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted April 17, 2003 14:42     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
How incredibly crap.

A red hand with an elastic band tied around it. Feel the PURE ANGER! IT'S HITTING A SUNFLOWER! RRRRAAAAARRGGHHH!!!

The logo's all in squiggly lines! It so effectively portrays the PURE ANGER! Squiggly lines are just, like, so metal d00d.

But then, what do you expect? It looks like ol' Pushead just couldn't be bothered this time.

Does that oven fit two Emlyn?

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted April 17, 2003 15:06     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hexonxonx:
it would all make sense if they rename themselves to KMFDMICA

LOL Hex! Just read that MTV.com article... I'm pretty sure these guys are done for.

Funny how they are being honored by Avril Lavigne, Korn, Limp Bizkit, & Sum 41... yet not a respectable artist in sight.

ruiner
VoivodFan
Member # 79

posted April 17, 2003 20:22     Profile for ruiner   Email ruiner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, I always thought the cover art for Kill 'em All and Ride the Lightening were complete crap myself...so I'm still holding out for a tiny glimmer of hope that the music will be a return to the Metallica of old.
RIFLEFIST
VoivodFan
Member # 180

posted April 17, 2003 21:22     Profile for RIFLEFIST   Email RIFLEFIST     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thats wank shit! They should re-use that blood and cum Lars shit out of his ass for another album cover!A comeback????? Come on,, James has way toooo many annoying OH YEAH YEAHHSS in his shit singing for any kind of former greatness to be re-achieved.Oh, and if it's even remotely reminiscent of good metal, I can't wait to hear Avril Lavigne say "It's my favorite Metallica album,, yeah,,,It's so oldskool metal!"

I'm gonna PUKE!

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted April 17, 2003 21:29     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RIFLEFIST:
James has way toooo many annoying OH YEAH YEAHHSS in his shit!

lol!

no fucking doubt on that one!
(and it keeps getting worse and worse with those fucking "ad-libs" of his! )

Gorf
VoivodFan
Member # 119

posted April 17, 2003 22:10     Profile for Gorf   Email Gorf     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Is this the first issue of Metallica from DC comics? Someone hijack the band rulership from Lars, I think he's been sniffing glue.

I like the handwritten logo on Garage Days much better.

Imran X
VoivodFan
Member # 17

posted April 17, 2003 22:22     Profile for Imran X   Email Imran X     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
[QUOTE]Originally posted by RIFLEFIST:
[QB]Thats wank shit! They should re-use that blood and cum Lars shit out of his ass for another album cover!

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted April 18, 2003 14:10     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I may be getting nuts, but I still have high hopes about this new album. Let's see...
KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted April 18, 2003 15:57     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The logo looks gay and the cover is total cheese.

But never judge a book by it's cover...you never know they might actually give us a decent album for the first time in 17 years.

NoPlace4Disgrace15
Junior VoivodFan
Member # 278

posted April 18, 2003 21:10     Profile for NoPlace4Disgrace15   Email NoPlace4Disgrace15     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Isnt Metallica about music, who gives a fuck what the cover looks like??? Wait until the album comes out, then try and find something wrong with the music you fucking whinny bitches

::turns mad off::

So, hows it going everone

nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted April 18, 2003 23:25     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's about as contrived and yet sterile as anything they've done over the past decade and a half.

Speaking of, shouldn't this thread be on metallicafan.com instead?

Motordeth
VoivodFan
Member # 153

posted April 18, 2003 23:28     Profile for Motordeth   Email Motordeth     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm a big Metallica fan and I think the logo is'nt bad I like it more than the one on Load and Reload but not as the old logo. As for the cover this not awesome but not bad at all...

I will go to their show in Montreal and I will see by myself if they are still good...

Can't wait to hear their next album!!!

NP: MEGADETH / Paranoid

nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted April 18, 2003 23:39     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's about as contrived and yet sterile as anything they've done over the past decade and a half.

Speaking of, shouldn't this thread be on metallicafan.com instead?

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan