my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » ONE MORE POLL

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ONE MORE POLL
Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted April 15, 2003 02:43     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Bay Area Thrash Metal (I love it how they call it "Bay Area", like San Fransisco and Oakland have the only 'bay' that thrash bands originated from). Which TWO are the better?

Testament
Death Angel
Exodus
Vio-Lence
Metallica
OTHER
-----------------

TESTAMENT
EXODUS

Easily.

|  IP: Logged
LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted April 15, 2003 04:04     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'd happily go with those two myself.

Testament
Exodus (Bonded by Blood!)

Metallica weren't really thrash, Kill 'em All is the only vaguely thrashy record they ever made. Ride the Lightning and Master of Puppets were something else.

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted April 15, 2003 04:30     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
There's no question, Testament is the #1 of those bands. They still deliver killer stuff which I'm very happy about. It's harder to pick #2, but I guess Exodus has the most thrash "hits"!
Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted April 15, 2003 05:17     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
1# Testament

2# Metallica playing Fight Fire with Fire (not thrash? Are you kidding, Lyc?!?)

Do Testament still wear painted-on jeans and big white trainers? You can't be Bay Area unless you don't have those!

satan
VoivodFan
Member # 35

posted April 15, 2003 07:20     Profile for satan   Email satan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes indeed...

Testament

Exodus

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted April 15, 2003 08:25     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ah, Fight Fire With Fire... the only thrashy song on Ride the Lightning. I didn't mean that those albums didn't have thrashy songs on them, but that you can't really call them thrash albums.

It's all opinions anyway, and I'm an idiot.

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted April 15, 2003 08:59     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
DEATH ANGEL

EXODUS

C'mon people!!! Where are your balls?? DA totally ruled over the San Fran scene. Not to mention the fact that Cavestany was/is the best guitar player out of this group.

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted April 15, 2003 09:08     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm with Mez on this one...

DEATH ANGEL

EXODUS

The Ultra-Violence is far superior to any Testament album imfo.

Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey
VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted April 15, 2003 09:37     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Man, where's Journey in this list? This is hardly a fair poll.

Sorry - the boards have been a bit too serious lately. Couldn't resist.

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted April 15, 2003 09:52     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Metallica;

Exodus.

Blackguard
VoivodFan
Member # 61

posted April 15, 2003 12:18     Profile for Blackguard   Email Blackguard     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
without any doubt... TESTAMENT
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted April 15, 2003 13:10     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
death angel
tesstament

no doubt about it
exodus had a few stupid tunes, but is a close 3rd

i've never heard of the band 'OTHER' what do they sound like?

Imran X
VoivodFan
Member # 17

posted April 15, 2003 18:59     Profile for Imran X   Email Imran X     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Possessed, I believe they were from that area too. And Exodus after them but only Bonded By Blood.
Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted April 16, 2003 04:17     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
i've never heard of the band 'OTHER' what do they sound like?

To tell you the truth, I don't know either but they must play all types of music because I see their name everywhere!

neutrino
VoivodFan
Member # 22

posted April 16, 2003 09:48     Profile for neutrino   Email neutrino     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
DEATH ANGEL

EXODUS (all their albums)

& Possessed!

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted April 16, 2003 18:29     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nuclear infusion:
To tell you the truth, I don't know either but they must play all types of music because I see their name everywhere!

I always see the band named TBA playing everywhere. Every little club, bar, etc...sometimes they seem to be booked in many different places for the same night, that must get crazy driving to play all those clubs each night!!!

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted April 17, 2003 01:33     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Forbidden rock(ed)
Layla's Dad
VoivodFan
Member # 48

posted April 17, 2003 17:22     Profile for Layla's Dad   Email Layla's Dad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yea. Death Angel for sure. Then Exodus. Then Testament. Forbidden did rock. That GREEN album was very cool also TWISTED INTO FORM which I think was bashed here on the forum recently.
marco
VoivodFan
Member # 34

posted April 17, 2003 17:48     Profile for marco   Email marco     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
One of the hardest pool...........
I've listened to the records of all these bands (including Possessed and Forbidden) for thousands of times, it'not easy to say which is better...

I could say, as a guitarist, that Alex of Testament and Craig of Forbidden are the author's of some of the best guitar part (both rythm and solos) of thrash metal.

But for an emotional point of view, maybe Metallica (sigh!) and Exodus are the ones I've loved the most.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan