my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Carry on

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Carry on
LivingEvil
unregistered

posted April 14, 2003 01:39       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I just found out "We carry on" single has a radio edit version 3:58 and an album version 4:39 .If anyone has heard both version i would love to know the differences.Also does anybody know if this single will be included in the free shit being sent out by the "new" Iron Gang fan club.
IP: Logged
X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted April 14, 2003 12:29     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, I never met a radio edit I liked... Of course I will purchase one of these at some point (as an obsessive Voivod completist), but I wouldn't get my panties too in a bunch over this LE... it'll suface eventually.
 |  IP: Logged
LivingEvil
unregistered

posted April 14, 2003 14:05       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks and don't worry i wont get my panties in a bunch.Mainly because i don't have panties.Commando all the way for me!
IP: Logged
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted April 14, 2003 15:32     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
No, there is a difference between the two. In the radio edit(and it is very subtle)I can hear a little voice whispering toward the end, "Jason is the greatest bassist in the world, Eat more vegetables, Jason is the greatest bassist in the world, Eat more vegetables....." and this is repeated over and over again.

Very odd I thought.

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted April 14, 2003 15:57     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Been at your Dread Zepplin album, Mez?

Radio Edits tend to get to the money shot (i.e. the Big Chorus) sooner, halve the guitar solo, delete the Middle Eight and spend about the last 1/3 of the track fading out.

LE, whats with all the ing? Be happy man, spread some love! God knows this forum needs it this week!

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted April 14, 2003 16:14     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Is the (Astronomy Domine) radio edit the same as the video version, in that it misses out the bit where the bass is on it's own, and cuts straight to the 'Winding signs flap...' bit?
Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted April 15, 2003 01:50     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I would like to know what the radio-edit version of "Astronomy Domine" is lacking as well...and what fucking radio station did they play it on?!?!?!? LOL
Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted April 15, 2003 05:14     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I noticed the video cuts quite a lot out, too.

I wish they'd covered Lucifer Sam as well, that songs a motherfucker!

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan