my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Thankyou Mr. Sharon

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Thankyou Mr. Sharon
LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted April 13, 2003 04:33     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I will say this, I have never liked Ariel Sharon or his Likud party.

However, I am waking up to the news that he has gone against everything he has ever said, and has decided that he would be willing to remove alll the illegal settlements in Palestine, in order to (hopefully) bring peace to the region. It may not be much, it may not solve anything, but it's a step in the right direction.

So, thankyou Mr. Sharon, for seeing reason. And thankyou to whoever it was holding the gun to his head.

It would be interesting to hear what Hex thinks of this.

|  IP: Logged
Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted April 13, 2003 04:41     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks. I look forward to hearing more on this.
KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted April 15, 2003 16:46     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It was a very interesting statement. Now we wait to see exactly how much substance is attached to his conciliatory words. A word of caution though; any retreat from illegal settlements will come at the end of any agreement between the Israelis and the Palestinians regarding the land issues and sovereignty. It will be then we will see exactly how much honour the man has.

Sharon has done more harm to the middle east situation than most Israeli leaders. Suicide bombings have increased dramatically under his premiership. His treatment of Palestinians has been disgraceful at best and his dialogue with his neighbours has been little else than inflammatory. He will need to work real hard to redress that legacy, let alone gain any trust and respect among the Arab community and many Western critics.

KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted April 15, 2003 18:04     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hexonxonx:
[QUOTE]Absolute rubbish. No one did more harm than Rabin and Barak. And giving the Nobel Prize to Arafat is a total disgrace of the Nobel Committee. Next time they should award it to Bin-Laden or Dubya for crap's sake. No offence here, KZ, but before you make such bold statements, take your time to investigate what's REALLY going on there, not what the TV (esp. CNN) is showing.

I do not watch CNN, it is too americanised.

I would ask which side of the Israel question you sit on. The reason I ask is that, If you think Rabin did more harm than anybody else, then I would say that you were against his drive to settle the many disputes between Israel and the rest of the Arab nations, and possibly rejoiced when he was assassinated. I would like you to explain why you think this, and give us your perspective.

As for Yasser Arafat, please do not mistake me, he hasn't exactly helped matters by allowing the extremists to rule the roost in many Palestinian towns and he should not have been awarded the nobel peace prize.

My point was that many Palestinians have been refugees in their own land for some 35 years, after the six day war in 1967 saw Israel occupy large tracts of land, in spite of UN and US opposition. Their desparation to live normal lives is used ruthlessly by extremists who want to exploit and inflame the Jewish/Palestine situation further. There is no justification for suicide bombs, but you have to ask yourself how would you feel if you were a prisoner in your own land for so long, and how easily would you be manipulated into being a martyr to your cause by these extremists.

Israel exists because of the agreement imposed upon the arab nations in 1947/1948, and many of them still fundamentally oppose this. However I fully realise that there is a long history of discontent in this territory. There is, and has been for many years, antagonism on all sides, but I feel Sharon has made matters much worse. Maybe now, with his latest address, this will change. I sincerely hope so for the sakes of all ordinary Jews and Palestinians who just want to live normal lives.

prozak666
VoivodFan
Member # 236

posted April 15, 2003 23:03     Profile for prozak666   Email prozak666     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
These crazy absolutist dualist religions like Christianity and Judaism are insane and destructive. Genocide is the answer!
www.fuckchrist.com

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted April 16, 2003 12:21     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wow, it took more than 48 hours for Prozak to post on this thread!

Things aren't the same anymore...

prozak666
VoivodFan
Member # 236

posted April 16, 2003 13:30     Profile for prozak666   Email prozak666     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hexon: and you're not biased, Jude?

Calling it "spam troll" might fool your fellow Jews and Christians (and really, they're the same psychotic religion) but the fact is that I've been a participant here for quite some time and have had no problems until censored/attacked for content some here didn't "like."

If you can provide good reasons, I'll pay attention to those - but if not, why are you or your pretend "authority" to be respected?

prozak666
VoivodFan
Member # 236

posted April 16, 2003 13:33     Profile for prozak666   Email prozak666     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Knickerzohnonnof:
I do not watch CNN, it is too americanised.

I would ask which side of the Israel question you sit on. The reason I ask is that, If you think Rabin did more harm than anybody else, then I would say that you were against his drive to settle the many disputes between Israel and the rest of the Arab nations, and possibly rejoiced when he was assassinated. I would like you to explain why you think this, and give us your perspective.

As for Yasser Arafat, please do not mistake me, he hasn't exactly helped matters by allowing the extremists to rule the roost in many Palestinian towns and he should not have been awarded the nobel peace prize.

My point was that many Palestinians have been refugees in their own land for some 35 years, after the six day war in 1967 saw Israel occupy large tracts of land, in spite of UN and US opposition. Their desparation to live normal lives is used ruthlessly by extremists who want to exploit and inflame the Jewish/Palestine situation further. There is no justification for suicide bombs, but you have to ask yourself how would you feel if you were a prisoner in your own land for so long, and how easily would you be manipulated into being a martyr to your cause by these extremists.

Israel exists because of the agreement imposed upon the arab nations in 1947/1948, and many of them still fundamentally oppose this. However I fully realise that there is a long history of discontent in this territory. There is, and has been for many years, antagonism on all sides, but I feel Sharon has made matters much worse. Maybe now, with his latest address, this will change. I sincerely hope so for the sakes of all ordinary Jews and Palestinians who just want to live normal lives.

Good post. I think it's obvious that Jews side with Israel because, how can they not? It's the central point of their ethnic identity, which is necessary for their worldview toward "outsiders."

Psycho religions need to go before humanity can move into the future...

vodka
VoivodFan
Member # 249

posted April 16, 2003 18:25     Profile for vodka   Email vodka     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
blah, blah, blah, blah, chrystianism,judaism and the other "isms" ........RELIGION THE OPIUM OF THE MASSES said Marx in the 19th century......all this time after that, but always the same bullshit.
new def. for RELIGION: Something used to control and manipulate fragile minds, let's go back to the holy cruzades and the spanish inquisiton. ole

TheHade
VoivodFan
Member # 109

posted April 17, 2003 08:30     Profile for TheHade   Email TheHade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm not sure, does Prozak want to imply that Islam is any different than Christianity, etc.? Or is he against any religion?

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan