my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » rip Vio-lence, machine head will improve by this addition

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: rip Vio-lence, machine head will improve by this addition
tattooedsean777
VoivodFan
Member # 128

posted April 12, 2003 19:33     Profile for tattooedsean777   Email tattooedsean777     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
MACHINE HEAD have officially recruited ex-VIO-LENCE/TECHNOCRACY axeman Phil Demmel as their new full-time guitarist. Phil joins the band as a replacement for Ahrue Luster, who amicably left the group last May due to "creative differences."

The San Francisco Bay Area band are thrilled to welcome Demmel to the camp, as he brings along exceptional guitarist skills and an extremely positive vibe. "It just feels like MACHINE HEAD jamming with Phil," bassist Adam Duce said in an official press release.

Demmel's addition to MACHINE HEAD marks the reunion of one of the more explosive guitar teams in metal history. The Robert Flynn/Phil Demmel partnership was first cemented in seminal Bay Area thrashers VIO-LENCE when the two axemen were barely out of their teens. "I don't know why we have a chemistry together, but man, I'm telling ya, when the four of us jammed together the other day, there was sparks flyin' out of the practice room," Flynn explained. "It was electric!"

Phil's decision to join MACHINE HEAD as a full-time member will also mark his departure from the recently-reunited VIO-LENCE, who are a set to perform their final gig with Demmel as the headliners of the 420 Musik Conspiracy festival in San Francisco on April 19. To honor the occasion, Flynn will be joining VIO-LENCE on stage for the first time since he left the band in February 1992 to form MACHINE HEAD.

Demmel has previously filled in on second guitar for MACHINE HEAD's summer 2002 European dates, and has made a guest appearance on two tracks on the group's new live CD, "Hellalive", released last month through Roadrunner Records.

MACHINE HEAD are currently writing and demoing material for their fifth studio album, tentatively due in late 2003/early 2004. Among the tracks set to appear on the as-yet-untitled follow-up to 2001's "Supercharger" are "All Fall Down", "Pins And Needles", "Descend The Shades Of Night", "Bite The Bullet" and "Left Unfinished

|  IP: Logged
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted April 19, 2003 18:39     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Who knows? I hope so, but it seems Robb Flynn has lost sense of what's heavy. He claimed Supercharger was a "return to roots". I wonder what roots, since that album is pure nu garbage.

Let's keep fingers crossed, though.

|  IP: Logged

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan