my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Are you a Heathen? (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 

Author Topic: Are you a Heathen?
Fireface
VoivodFan
Member # 51

posted April 18, 2003 19:55     Profile for Fireface   Email Fireface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by prozak666:
Fireface: Incorrect (read the works of Cavalli-Sforza among others to discover the DIVERSITY of humanity).

You'll have to look elsewhere to find justification for your racist beliefs.

Here's a little piece from none other than Luigi Luca Cavalli-Sforza. Straight from the horse's mouth or in your case the south end...

http://www.balzan.it/english/pb1999/cavalli/paper.htm

Scroll down to the header Evolutionary Trees and at the end of the first paragraph you'll find and I quote:

"Archeology shows that modern humans appeared only a little more than hundred thousand years ago, in Africa, and spread first to Asia, between 100,000 and 50,000 years ago, and from S.E.Asia first to Oceania between 60,000 and 40,000 years ago. Europe was reached about 40,000 years ago from both West Asia and North Africa, and America from Siberia beginning 15,000 years ago."

Oops!!!

|  IP: Logged
Das Reich
VoivodFan
Member # 286

posted April 19, 2003 15:41     Profile for Das Reich   Email Das Reich     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Knickerzohnonnof:
Rephrase...

Not in the sense you speak.

If Pagans were so warlike how come a bunch of pussy christians did them over so completely?

That is a tad simplistic, but it shows to me that pagans were predominantly peaceful. Heathens? well, that's a different story, but they didn't exactly last the religious crusades either.

European Christianity retained a strongly pagan flavor throughout the medieval period. Only the rise of liberal (humanistic) Christianity served to significantly alter the basic cultural patterns of Western Europe, and even this is a relatively late development (beginning in earnest only in the late 18th century). Heinrich Heine's comment that, "Christianity has somewhat softened the brutal German lust of battle, but could not destroy it," is applicable to Western Europe at large (which, regardless of language, is essentially Germanic in culture).

It should also be noted that the warrior ethos typical of European pagan traditions is not conducive to the sort of expansionary militarism which has haunted Europe in recent centuries. That peculiar brand of barbarism is a outgrowth of the rise of the modern nation-state, itself in part the product of humanistic Christianity.

Das Reich
VoivodFan
Member # 286

posted April 19, 2003 15:56     Profile for Das Reich   Email Das Reich     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Fireface,

I think Prozak's point is that there are large, distinct genetic subpopulations of Homo sapiens sapiens which might be usefully termed "races."

Part of this dispute is purely semantic. You use the common phrase "human race," when what you are actually describing is the human species. No one is disputing the overall genetic unity of the human species, but there is a great deal more internal genetic diversity than you are apparently willing to admit (for political reasons?).

bloodyneck
VoivodFan
Member # 287

posted April 21, 2003 19:29     Profile for bloodyneck   Email bloodyneck     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm a Christian, and damn glad too. I'm forgiven for all the times I've screwed up in life, and Christ paid the price.

But I like the Bay Area thrash band HEATHEN though!!

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted April 21, 2003 20:48     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'd like to burn some heathen at the stake.

Any takers???

If so, come down to Georgia and see me.

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted April 22, 2003 03:54     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
...the devil went down to Georgia...
satan
VoivodFan
Member # 35

posted April 22, 2003 07:27     Profile for satan   Email satan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I went where?
KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted April 22, 2003 08:25     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Georgia...can't you read???
Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted April 22, 2003 10:17     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think N-Infusion just misspelled Joe-Ja, right Mezcal?
Thanos
VoivodFan
Member # 174

posted April 23, 2003 09:10     Profile for Thanos   Email Thanos     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Organized religion-FAH!
prozak666
VoivodFan
Member # 236

posted April 24, 2003 11:01     Profile for prozak666   Email prozak666     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I thin Cavalli-Sforza's research supports racial beliefs.

Note that quoting something without explaining it, out of context, rarely enforces your point of view!

Heathens understand that nature's diversity must be preserved.

Christians don't.

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan